Duke Clinical Research Institute Employee Reviews for Clinical Research Associate

Dcri
Lead, Clinical Research Associate (CRA) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 26, 2018
Provided leadership for Clinical Operations project team responsible for site management working in close collaboration with the project leader and other functional group leaders for execution of all monitoring services according the project-specific scope of work for current rescue study.
poor management
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 16, 2017
Management has no clue what they are doing. Peers have no idea what they are doing and management doesn't care. There is no training and no management until there is a major problem and then the blame game starts. Horrible place to work, low moral, low pay, high turn-over.
Great working environment
Contract Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
I was a contract CRA for several years. The people are highly professional and it is a great place to work. There is good work life balance.
Great work environment with great work life balance
Lead Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 9, 2017
Awesome workplace culture that provides growth, support and a work life balance. Job stability is also a huge plus. There is always an opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge within the clinical research industry.
Interview misleading
Lead Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I recommend that more information be given during the interview so that candidates have a better understanding of their assignments. My assignment was not a good match for my skill set.
Pros
Duke's benefits are excellent
Cons
Junior staff assigned to managing staff are often ill qualified for the position, creating delays in project timelines.
Academic Research Organization
Clinical Research Associate / CRA I (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 21, 2016
This was my first Academic Research Organization, after experience at multiple CROs. I enjoyed my coworkers, the work and the environment. Highly recommended place of work.
Duke Clinical Research Institution
Clinical Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 10, 2013
Management has changed and employees have been layed off. I have no problem working hard and more responsibility, but DCRI is the lowest paying ARO/CRO.

During my orientation they stress work/life balance and leaving during lunch to take a break and enjoy the Duke Campus. It is very rare I leave work to eat lunch, I eat at my desk as 80% of the employees.
Pros
benefits
Cons
DCRI Management has changed, no advancement and pay is not good