Duke Energy Employee Reviews

only worked a short term contract
Help Desk Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
help desk was supposed to be outsourced a few months after i started so I knew going in it would be short term. Really enjoyed my time with the company and learned alot
The Natural Gas Group a great place to work.
Paralegal Legal Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
The pipeline group was a great place to work. People were concerned with the assets. People enjoyed their work. Without hesitation I would recommend working at the company.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
A satilette office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 17, 2018
Amazing work environment and great company to work for, hours go by fast your not feeling like time is at a standstill and your coworkers become family,
Great company
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
plenty of opportunities within the company. people stay in Duke for a long time and they need to learn new ways. great pay, okay benefits, and great coworkers.
Pros
volunteer work, people are nice
Cons
need to direct hire more
Not worth my time
Sr. RCT. Duties (Former Employee) –  YORK SC.July 14, 2018
They expect you to take time off during an outage so the house r.P. Techs can get all the overtime.That is how they treat the contract r.P. Employees..
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor management.
n/a
Utility Technician/Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  pasco and pinellas countiesJuly 13, 2018
not good,,poor management not enough training ...discriminating people good wages poor work environment big name in business but only sub contractors and not permanent jobs
Pros
occasional lunch
Cons
poor management
good work can be tough learn a lot!
Mechanic / Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLJuly 13, 2018
a seasonal worker. we got called to outages and projects awesome place to work, you learn a lot about coal plants, coal yard, operations, maintenance wish they had more projects going on
Pros
money was good
Cons
fly ash bad and hot in plant
Duke Energy experience
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
I’ve only worked at Duke Energy for a short period of time. I worked with them through Eastern Personnel and I liked the job it’s just I was given a lot of off time. I would polish silverware, wash dishes , just clean all night and prepare food . I figured housekeeping or working at a hotel would be better because of the hours and I have cleaning experience.
Pros
Free Lunch, good money
Cons
Less hours
Good company, but bad hiring practices
GIS Permitting Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
Duke energy is a great company to work for, once you actually work there. Nearly all employees are hired through contracting firms first, and then re-interview for their own job after 1-3 years.
A very good place to work.
Sr. Project Controller (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2018
Love working for Duke, with flex time and other support from management.

Duke's management is pro-active and looks as management should out into the future to plan appropriately.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Downtown location / parking
It's a way to feed your family
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
I enjoy the environment. it's fast pace but nothing too much. A typical day is very busy. Most of the time, you lose track of the time. Lunches are roughly about 30 minutes on a 12 hour shift.
Great place to work!
Associate Shareholder Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
Processed payments, verified and balanced accounts, assisted with complex inquiries, account information, and various service requests from a high volume of shareholders.

I was given the opportunity to improve my skills by attending workshops provided by the company! I learned about a web-based application that integrates with Microsoft Office called Share Point.

The Manager was a true leader. Offering ways of improvement, listened and problem solved, patient, motivating, and genuinely cared.

The most challenging part of my job at the time was explaining the merger.

My work environment was really great. We were just like family!
Major Project Opportunities at times
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  NCJuly 9, 2018
opportunities for technically skilled professionals; very large company that many may find to be frustrating. Fair treatment with respect to salary and benefits.
I love working for Duke Energy it is a great company to work for
Design Engineer Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2018
This company have great benefits for employees that looks out for the employees it has good management I will continue working for this company until I retire
Pros
Good Working horus
Cons
A lot if changes in mangement
Everything good
ASP .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2018
I learned very new environment. The management was good and my manager was very flexible and that is the most enjoyable working with the person. Regarding the admin rights they took extra time.
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 4, 2018
When the shift started in the morning I had to go thru this long process of logging into my computer system which always made EVERYBODY late clocking in cause the computers were outdated and slow. Then immediately the phones would start ringing once you got logged in and they didn't stop until you logged out for a break. Your bathroom and break time is monitored. If you're in after call time for longer then a minute you get a bunch of emails from supervisors and then they kick you out the system like you left work so now you have to log back in again.
Working at Duke
Senior Unix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for the Unix Team, very knowledgeable individuals on the team and I learned alot. I made a lot of good friends at Duke, but I have really nothing to say about the management which should say alot.
Pros
Great friends
Cons
Lack of good management
Good
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, KYJune 30, 2018
I enjoyed working with everyone at duke Energy. It was very rewarding. I had the opportunity to work with some of the finest people I have ever met. The End.
Tough but good place to work
Sr. Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2018
Overall, good place to work. Culture varies from one business unit to another, and many decisions are left to local management. Very competitive and looks favorably on workaholics, but doesn't punish those who just put in required time. Compensation is excellent, benefit package pretty good.
Pros
salary, attentive local management
Cons
extremely competitive, workaholism viewed favorably
Overall it was ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2018
Go in positive and ready to learn. Allow for error because they will be there to assist you. Be ok time. Have a positive attitude and allow yourself to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duke Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

81out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Duke Energy.

Powered by Comparably