Dukes Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor Culture
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peru, INAugust 17, 2019
Good luck working here—this culture is hostile, toxic, backstabbing. There are much better places to make a difference and I would suggest you find them and stay out of this environment
Stressful environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peru, INAugust 15, 2019
Just keep looking over your shoulder. Must always be on guard and cannot trust anyone. Lots of micro management. Money is the bottom line not patients.
I strongly recommend Dukes Memorial Hospital for employment
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Peru, INMay 13, 2019
I've been part of this great team since 2003.
Our ED physicians are top notch and I definitely would bring my family to their department for care.
Our manager is always onsite and supportive of all aspects of the job. He understands the importance of family and always puts that first.
I love being part of Dukes and consider many an extended part of my family.
Pros
Continuing Education, support system
Cons
Long stressful hours
Not a productive place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 23, 2019
Peers were rude as well as HR director. I was injured on the job by a physician accidentally requiring surgery and the HR director terminated me while recovering from my surgery and was not paid out my PTO.
Rewarding working with public
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST/ER REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Peru, INNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working with the public. Helping others when they were having difficult times. I gave my very best courteous service to all patients and co-workers.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Employees attitudes
Welcome papers for new hires
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Peru, INOctober 10, 2018
The day would start with the daily meeting afterward we would stock our cart then begin cleaning doctors offices until we would get a call for a patient leaving the hospital so the room could be cleaned for the next patient admitted to the hospital. We also received calls for cars of linens for emergency rooms and surgical rooms. Sometimes we received calls for patient needs. At the end of the night we would empty all trash and fill out our paperwork.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Short breaks
rewarding place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peru, INSeptember 26, 2018
assist with checking patients in and out. assess new and returning patients. enter info into computer. obtain EKG's and vitals. F/u with lab results. assist provider with procedures. Schedule testing and obtain prior auth.
Pros
small office
Great environment, enjoy the staff, nice opportunity to work if given the chance.
Laboratory Administrative Director (Current Employee) –  Peru, INSeptember 9, 2018
This is a nice hospital. Even though it is a critical access hospital, there are plenty of opportunities and advancement. Small community allows for great teamwork.
No Growth
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJuly 25, 2018
You can work as hard as you want and you will go "NO" place. They only notice what you did wrong, not what you do write.. You can apply for another department but, you'll never get it unless your family..
Pros
Cons
Lack of coverage for this departments
Working at Dukes is like a second home
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJune 20, 2018
Great co-workers, the patients are absolutely amazing. Developed lasting relationships. Always felt engaged and satisfied with my work. Local small town physicians who were a joy to work with.
Pros
Patients, staff, physicians
Cons
Lack of positive employee recognition
Busy and it was fun but also timing!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dukes Memorial Hospital Peru, INApril 13, 2018
I stayed pretty busy there was times I would forget to take a break. But I really liked working here. It was time consuming and always something that needed extra taken care of.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
Sometimes not anough time in the day.
Fun people
Cook, Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJanuary 24, 2018
It was a fast paste company. Grate insurance with reasonable deductibles. Grate attitude. You can advance very fast if you work hard. Understanding bosses.
competative, lack of management, bullies
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peru, INNovember 30, 2017
management does not care about employees or families, you are promised something at your hire date, then mandated to work other shifts and positions. payroll is constantly messed up. employees are competitive and bullies
Employee Morale has been crushed
Business Office (Current Employee) –  Peru, INNovember 16, 2017
People are no longer happy to be here. Few people smile anymore. The workers are good people and enjoyable, but with all the changes there has been an effort to kill any "fun" associated with the job.
Previous experience
ED Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peru, INSeptember 12, 2017
My experience was good. However, I worked at night and had very little interaction with management. A job is really what you take away from it. It became a lot of days versus nights. But I think you get that everywhere
Overall: Not good
MLT (Former Employee) –  Peru, INSeptember 6, 2017
This hospital needs an overhaul before I would recommend that anyone accept employment here. No parts were enjoyable because management was too busy micromanaging ever step to get any work done.
stressful, no managerial support
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Peru, INAugust 7, 2017
I did this job for 11 years. When I started there were 2 full time case managers, 1 part time/prn case manager, and 1 case management director. For the last 6 years I did this job alone. As nurses left, they were not replaced. I was forced to perform case management, utilization review, discharge planning, social services as well as the directors responsibilities. Even though I requested assistance many times, I was turned down. During one seven month period my hours were cut to 6.5 hrs/day. Neither management nor regional management were willing to provide the toolos necessary to perform the job successfully.
Pros
the floor staff were great
Cons
everything else
Busy and very satisfying place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJuly 31, 2017
Office Coordinator was excellent, job was challenging but rewarding, I stayed busy most of the time, advancement was not available and pay was not comparable to job.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Pay not comparable
Was only a nursing student
NURSING STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJuly 26, 2017
The nurses I worked along with were fabulous. I had never been within a hospital that cared so much for their patients and their families as well. Awesome environment!
Stagnant
patient access registrar (Current Employee) –  Peru, INJuly 25, 2017
No room for advancement. Raises are minimum and they want you to make work a priority over all things. The administration and human resources need refreshed and updated​
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Administration needs replaced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Dukes Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location