Duluth News Tribune

Working at Duluth News Tribune: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Nice

It was just fine quick and easy and it was a long drive picked papers up at the printer building and brought back to building it was needed at to drop off

Duluth news

Good job. Work hours aremt very long and its an amazing job for parents who want to be home with there kids during the day. I learned alot about customer skills and working fast by doing this job.

Team Spirit

I did not work there long, because I had to relocate. I did enjoy the job. It was hard work, and the management was exceptional. I liked the Team Spirit there!

Pros

Pay.

Cons

hard to get full time hours.

Carrier

Bad Place No Time Off Ever! No Holiday ,No Snow Days,No Bad Weather You Need To Deliver No Matter If So Done In Your Family Just Died Or Is In Hospital Or Your At Hospital With Hurt Child You Better Come Deliver Or There Gone Take Your Whole Months Pay For What They Call A Dumped Route. They Don’t Stand Behind Carrier At All EVER FOR NO REASON!

Pros

Cons

No Time Off No Matter What/ No Support

Workplace culture reversing

After a few years of trying to change the workplace culture, the company seems to be taking big steps backwards. Managers with the "my way or the highway" attitude have been hired after promises to listening to employees for ideas and revenue generation.

Good job! Minus managment.

I enjoyed what I did, but management was more than I could handle. They talked down to me and showed zero respect. Multiple times I had very rude voicemails left from my supervisor.

Pros

Get to stay active

Cons

Managment

Great Culture and easy work environment

As my first post grad position I couldn't have asked for more. I learned so many things about the field of marketing and circulation of business. It is hard working in an industry that does not thrive in todays age but learning about digital advertising and marketing will only help me for the future.

Great newspaper in a great city

The reporters and editors at the Duluth News Tribune while I was there were hard working, dedicated and passionate about covering the news in one of the beautiful cities in the country.

Pros

Great place to learn and advance

Cons

A tough industry where job cuts happened often

Typical day held deadlines and rewards

Sales team was well versed in geographic and demographic profiles of the paper's readership providing leads to sell retail and classified advertising.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Duluth News Tribune?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duluth News Tribune. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits