Duluth Trading Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The manger is very sexual
Lead floor manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 8, 2018
Since I got the job he has always been very inappropriate with a lot of the coworkers I was one of the leads there and heard and seen a lot of inappropriate behavior between a lot of the girls there and unfortunately even after being investigated by the HR department it was overlooked and or it was always laughed off it was a good experience for having the management experience, overall the job itself I couldn’t wait to get out of
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Job environment
The worst of both worlds
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIMay 21, 2018
In-house quick & dirty no analysis coding & uncontrolled third party vendors.

Business needs analysis, requirements management and the necessary documentation is non-existent.

There is no attempt to build an overall understanding of their business processes or the systems employed.

Their business critical software is managed by third party vendors who exhibit little concern for Duluth's business.
Okay for part-time if you don't need benefits
Telephone Sales Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WI 53508May 21, 2018
Management only interested in non-competitive part-time workers. Not interested in full-time people that want benefits. Call Center is not a place from which to advance within the company
Pros
Nice new facility
Cons
Dead end
Loved working for them
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 14, 2018
A great company, a pleasure to work for. Interesting company, their marketing strategy is unusual, gets your attention and advertising is comical. Quality products.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
seasonal
Serve Customers without Having to See Them
Returns Processor (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIApril 26, 2018
Working in the Returns or Distribution Center is a great way to serve the customers of Duluth Trading Company without being in the store itself.
•During the holiday rush, everyone works together to get all the orders fulfilled on time.
•There are various positions, so you can get some variety in your work, instead of doing the same thing every day.
Decent Retail Job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 25, 2018
Relaxed retail job with lots of freedoms. Great management that clearly outlined what they wanted from employees. It was easy to get the hours you wanted due to the flexibility of everyone.
It was seasonal.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIMarch 21, 2018
It was a great job with a great company. I would work there again. Pay was nice. Lunch room was nicely decorated. Really chill atmosphere and lax dress code.
Pros
Discounts and prizes for sales
Cons
Older work culture.
Funnest job i ever had.
Pick Packer / replenisher (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIMarch 2, 2018
I miss working for the compony. Iv met lots of great people. Learned awsome tips for future. Iff i could i would love to do it all againe. Not as part time but as full time.
Pros
Nice clean inviroment.
Cons
Only part time. Not enough hours. To make it as full time.
Expectations never clear
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Evansville, WIFebruary 27, 2018
Fast paced, telephone sales/service. High volume not for everyone, late hours. Customers are interesting, some want to chat others are funny. Able to provide a great product with ease.
Fast paced, steady work.
Picker/Packer, Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIFebruary 24, 2018
Physical labor with lots of reaching and stooping. When one dept is slow, there is usually another you can go help out. OT available during the high shipping season.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
My lead made an uneducated snap judgement that cost me my job. No explaination was allowed.
Awesome place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 1, 2018
Duluth Trading Company is a great place to work, with flexible college hours and a great staff. Everyone is supportive of each other, and duties are split evenly.
good job
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Belleville, WIJanuary 30, 2018
i was a pick packer. I would pick orders and put them in the totes and than sometimes would get to confirm orders in the totes and package them out to the customers
Typical Warehouse
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIJanuary 25, 2018
Hectic during peak season, lack of available stations for amount of workers. Managers were extremely easy to talk to and understanding. Scheduled breaks were a fair length, and constant productivity throughout the warehouse.
Lots of organizational growth with minimal opportunity for personal growth
Salaried Professional (Current Employee) –  Belleville, WIJanuary 10, 2018
The business has grown at a rapid pace which has affected the culture and day to day operations negatively. The management team in place do not seem to have a solid business plan for such growth and tend to spin their wheels.
productive and family-like workplace
Call Center Operator/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIDecember 29, 2017
I worked in the call center and customer service. I got to speak with an abundance of people from all over the United States. I took orders and helped customers with all their questions and needs. This was a great experience.
Pros
discounts on merchandise friendly co-workers
Cons
temp positions
For retail it was a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNDecember 24, 2017
I worked in the Fridley store, and our team was awesome. I had great coworkers and awesome managers. There are always customers who are nasty, but for a retail job there were really very few of these.

There was definitely some miscommunication between corporate and the store about what was best for our sales and our team, but for the most part it was annoyances and not major issues.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great managers
Cons
Pay was lower than I expected
Wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MODecember 20, 2017
Managers are easy going, relaxed place to work, benefits and discounts are nice. Schedules are flexible. Easy to get along with coworkers. I would recommend DTC to work at.
Pros
Discounts, flexibility
They put on a good facade about how great it will be, but it's not.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIDecember 20, 2017
Management doesn't treat people fairly. There seems to be an inability to deal with conflict, even though that's a natural roadblock humans face in every aspect of life. The business is poorly organized and has no desire to face mismanaged budgets. They pretend there is room for advancement, but once you're sucked in, there is none. A typical day was filled with belittlement, poor communication, gossip, and the feeling you'll never amount to anything. Pay is terrible for what they ask of a person.
Pros
Can't think of one!
Benefits
Duluth Trading
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIOctober 29, 2017
Great place to work. Sufficient training for the job. I enjoyed the whole job. I'm good on the phone and I understood their computer system. It was a pleasant place to work.
Relaxed Retail Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 24, 2017
Very smooth retail operation. Understanding HQ partners and growing company. Worked normal hours and had a great work-life balance. Solid benefits and competitive pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duluth Trading Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight