Duluth Trading Company Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNNovember 29, 2018
Overall it was good first job. They worked well with my busy school schedule since i was in sports at the time. Managers were all friendly along with all the other employes.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
MIght have to stay a littel late to clean
Good pay for easy work
Returns Analyzer (Former Employee) –  Verona, WINovember 12, 2018
As a returns analyzer, the job was very monotonous but you are able to talk with the people around you. You do the same thing all day, everyday. Its in a warehouse, but everyone is very nice and the compensation was fair. I worked here as a student in high school and they were very flexible with hours and requested time off. You are required to stand for your entire shift which is hard for some of the people. The manager when I worked there was fair and the discount is nice around the holidays.
Duluth Trading Company
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIOctober 25, 2018
Duluth Trading Company has so many opportunities as an up and coming Company. The products sold are highly tested and tried. The staff is fun and this tends to be a face paced high calls volume type atmosphere if you are employed in the Call Center, they have superior Customer Service and a "No Bull Guarantee" which means of your product fails or wears out you return the product for free and receive a new one! If your in the warehouse it is huge, huge! The Buyers are so unique they have a marketing plan like no other, check out the commercials and there website. Great online ordering and easy returns. The store locations are popping up all over the country! They have great seasonal positions and offer a deep discount to the employees. Check them out a fun fast paced environment always training the employees for innovation and to raise the bar!
Pros
Pay needs to be increased. They have increased seasonal employees, needs to be increased more, though.
Cons
None really, fun place to work!
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIOctober 10, 2018
It is very fast paced work. You need to come in ready to work. Be ready for people to bug you, everyone is friendly but can be annoying. I've learned that there is NO communication, you kind of have to figure things out by yourself, though you do get great training, its just sometimes you aren't told what to do you just have to figure it out.
Pros
Breaks, People are nice.
Cons
not enough communication.
Fun job and great managemennt
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 3, 2018
Quick paced job, great customers and management. well managed, flexible on hours, pay is just ok(pretty normal for retail tho). coworkers were great.
Fun, Laid back place to work
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2018
Typical day includes receipt, unpacking, distribution to departments, and back-stocking of daily merchandise. Customer service is always your first priority. Workplace culture is positive, where as while trying to provide the customers with a great experience, management also wants their associates to have a good experience while maintaining a good work/life balance.
Pros
good management staff, friendly associates, and friendly customers
Cons
Holiday season can be a little stressful when dealing in retail
Fun people who were like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 25, 2018
Could have used more hours for part timers. Good employee discount plan. Quality product. The co. worked to help accomodate my life outside work. Fun people and fun place to work. Never bored or stuck in one job for too long.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent Place To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 20, 2018
It is wonderful to work at a place where everyone feels like family. Great people to work with, wonderful staff, fun environment. Its our store and we take care of it together. I take pride in our store, especially the wonderful clean bathrooms. The hardest part of the job is inventory night. I love working thing and hope to for years to come!
Pros
Working with people who really care about you
Cons
Having to refold the same shirts 4 times on a busy day
Company is good
Sales mananger (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 4, 2018
But as in my case I was accused of killing someone and the company just believed the employee,Because they were older. As a manger you can not manage, because all an employee has to do is call HR and you are under a final warning
Cons
Store and DM management
Fun people, great store and loyal customers
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIAugust 26, 2018
I've been working at Duluth for almost a year now and the atmosphere has always been pleasant and friendly. My coworkers and managers are all great people with good principles.

Want to know more about Duluth Trading Company?

Ask a question
Fun to work for
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 21, 2018
we had to use a cart to put our items on to pick and pack orders and take the to there locations to be packed for the people who was paying for the cloths and stuff also got discounts on everything there.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Disappointing job experience
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Mount Horeb, WIAugust 10, 2018
I spent so much time doing my co workers tasks that I would struggle to do mine on time. Lots of gossip. Magement and HR do not do a good job to make you feel like a valued employee. No room for career growth and the hours were bad. Really hate how there were cameras and used them to watch employees. The pay raise are extremely low no matter how hard you work. I was expected to do things really fast . Not a rewarding job, and left me feelin uhappy everyday.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Short break, Gossip, HR not having their stuff together, very unorganized and scattered
company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 8, 2018
Employees were excellent to work with. Easy laid back job. Get to meet great customers. Got to know alot about the products we were selling. Employees got a good discount on their clothing for work.
Pros
hours
Cons
income
productive great for holiday season
RETURNS/PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WI 53508July 26, 2018
processing orders correctly crediting monies back to accounts, credit debit, and or check. placing orders and shipping out. diverse, calm, fair. No stress
Pros
flexible
Cons
seasonal
Wonderful people and place to work for
RETAIL SALES LEAD/KEYHOLDER (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 17, 2018
If you are looking for a retail job....this is the place for you! Great atmosphere, employees, management and loyal customer fan base. They believe in a Work/Life Balance so you can spend more time with your family and friends. The merchandise is unreal
A good company overall
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIJuly 14, 2018
My experience with Duluth was good overall, I'd recommend it to others if they needed a second job and/or wanted to work from home. The management is more than fair and understanding that life happens.
Fun Workplace
On-Call Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIJuly 13, 2018
Duluth did a nice job of training. The culture is supportive and collaborative.
Great customers.
Fun culture.
Laughed at least once everyday while at work.
Pros
Good People; discount on clothing
Cons
Can get really busy during Peak; which is a Pro & a Con!
Duluth
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIJune 13, 2018
I liked that you switched up your shift between picking and packing and that as long as you were productive no one really bothered you. Most people were nice and having coffee in the break room was nice. I don't think an adult could support a house and family on that wage it was a lot of high school kids and people with this as 2nd or 3rd job.
The manger is very sexual
Lead floor manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 8, 2018
Since I got the job he has always been very inappropriate with a lot of the coworkers I was one of the leads there and heard and seen a lot of inappropriate behavior between a lot of the girls there and unfortunately even after being investigated by the HR department it was overlooked and or it was always laughed off it was a good experience for having the management experience, overall the job itself I couldn’t wait to get out of
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Job environment
The worst of both worlds
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIMay 21, 2018
In-house quick & dirty no analysis coding & uncontrolled third party vendors.

Business needs analysis, requirements management and the necessary documentation is non-existent.

There is no attempt to build an overall understanding of their business processes or the systems employed.

Their business critical software is managed by third party vendors who exhibit little concern for Duluth's business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duluth Trading Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight