Dunbar Armored Employee Reviews

Fast pace, quick lunch
Handling a firearm
Manager did alright
Workplace not too good
Getting to your stops before closing
Establishing relationships
Pros
Working along with Police, they understand our job.
Cons
Taking lunch on the run.
armored guard
amored guard (Former Employee) –  Duncansville, PADecember 4, 2018
fast paced environment to complete daily routine deliveries to assigned route. Maintaining friendly rapport with businesses and interaction with business owners.
Good group of people
Driver / Guard - Security (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205November 27, 2018
Trucks were not very reliable and the pay was not the best.
Had independence but not always a fully aware partner. Some were too young for this stressful job
Pros
People
Cons
Long days
Driver messenger (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 26, 2018
Good place to work if you can handle it. Its not for everyone. Seeing as you are in the line of fire daily the pay could be better. All in all not a bad place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Distance to and from work
What type of job are you looking for?
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2018
All I can say is that most of the people came off as stand-offish. Communication is always lacking. You will start off as a driver to learn the routs but the veterans will always have you drive their way and watch you get in trouble with Branch Manager for deviating from the route. Some veterans will purposely make the route longer so that they can always have overtime each week so don’t make any plans or tell anyone you have plans after work. The people in the vault will ask you to help them out then yell at you when you don’t know what to do. The Good People who will help you to learn the business they pushed out. When you become a Messenger nobody will tell you anything so it’s a sink or swim mentality.
Pros
Certificates for D and G licenses as long as you work.
Cons
Never make any plans, you will be at the mercy of your partner.
Overlook
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 21, 2018
Where to begin. This branch has a huge turnover rate and don’t see how this branch was number one. The trucks always broke down or it was rarely working. Management stucks and definitely don’t see how the manager made it this long in that position. Makes policy’s when convenient for them and for a company that rarely keeps anybody, they sure do have a lot of redundant policies in place. They write you up for the dumbest thing and if you not one of them yes man kiss butt. You are definitely not saved from termination.
Pros
Overtime if full time
Cons
Pay, management
Poor Management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MONovember 17, 2018
The guys I worked with weren't bad but management was horrible and unprofessional. Had no uniform that company should have gave me first day of work. Then I get in trouble for having pants with side pockets first day of driving. Had no type of training other then watch a video that really didn't tell you to do anything. I was there a week with no guidance didn't know I was suppose to stay till money was counted. When I first started they lost my drug testing paper work and physical. So I had to have them done over again. Pay is very low for risks one is taking. Then I decide to go to CDL school told Manager not to put me on the schedule so then he tells me to bring back all my uniforms didn't even give me a chance to explain anything. So I brought them back. I told him there was a possibility I was gonna be able to work due to my hours so he checks in with me by text then I let him know I wasn't going to be able to make that due to school and he put me on schedule anyways. Then I decided to ask for my paycheck then he sent me a text message being very childish and unprofessional saying he would mail that along with my termination letter I was terminated for not showing up even after I told him I couldn't work. I am US Veteran hard worker any other job I worked for will tell you that. They don't pay enough to make a living. So I guess I should be sorry for trying to better my life. I hope other people don't have this same experience.
Pros
Cons
low pay poor management no training program
Not bad for part time
DRIVER/GUARD (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 16, 2018
Its ok for a part time job to pick up a little extra money. Working there full time is a different story though. As a full time employee, the demand is to high for the pay that they offer.
N/a
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Schaumberg ILNovember 12, 2018
Not a good work life balance, if you wanna make money and work a ton of hours this is the job for you. do not approve of upper management. I did however enjoy the work.
Poor Training Leads to Termination
Armed Security Guard/Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 9, 2018
I was trained to perform my duties a certain way. I also observed the managers, including the branch manager perform the same duties the same way I was trained. But then, when they needed it to be convenient, the way I worked was against company policy and I was terminated. The real reason I was terminated was because I sent a letter to the CEO demanding a raise.
Pros
They hire anybody
Cons
Pretty much everything
Negative Work Environment and Complacent Management
Driver and Armed Gaurd (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHNovember 5, 2018
I enjoy the job itself as it is simple and keeps you active. However, operations could be done much more efficiently and management could improve tremendously. Management is the primary issue and only exists to collect a paycheck and not look out for its employees. The day to day operations are entirely reliant on the experienced Driver/Gaurds and the experienced Driver/Gaurds are the adhesive that holds the entire company together and prevents it from falling apart. Management is hired from experience, but due to the low pay and toxic attitude, once management is established into a position of power that is when they become complacent and decide to stop doing there job.
Pros
Learn to navigate better and learn to have lots of patience with customers and coworkers
Cons
Horrible Management
a lot of overtime
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 2, 2018
run routes all day
no set time of getting off
unfair certification
risky work environment
meet all types of people with all types of different backgrounds
Pros
starbucks give you coffee
Cons
management
i was not treated fairly there at all
DRIVER/GUARD (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 24, 2018
if I had a chance to go back there I probably whoudnt at all,,i whoud settle for serving fries and a shake with a soda on the side,,i mean management really took advantage of me
Pros
it was a great work experince
Cons
not treated fairly at all
Great working enviornment
Driver Guard / Hopper / ATM Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2018
Dunbar was a great working environment with many opportunities for advancement based on how hard an employee wanted to gain that opportunity. I was able to conduct many different tasks and achieve a few different promotions and career advancement opportunities in my time employed at Dunbar.
Irritating
Teller (Current Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 20, 2018
Management is terrible. If you have small children this is not the job for you. This place is not for the faint of heart. The head tellers have different training styles but as a team they are not on the same page. There is no listening which leaves more room for miscommunication.
Pros
Good as a temporary position
Cons
Too many personalities to deal with
Dunbar Review
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 19, 2018
Dunbar was not the worst place i have worked, though it was not the best. The management staff was all over the place, they were not very accommodating to their employees, some what of a disorganized company.
Steer clear
Driver-Guard (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 19, 2018
The pay sucks and the work is grueling. There are better ways to use your time and better jobs to get experience, but if you absolutely need a way to get Armed experience, do this...but plan to leave.
Driver
Driver Guard (Former Employee) –  Sharpsburg, PAOctober 15, 2018
A typical day at work . First of all you have to walk a half mile to punch in from the parking lot, then if you punch one minute late. you will be written up. on the road as a driver is ok it is the co-workers who are stressed mentally and financially so I guess I don't blame them they have to vent somehow any why not the new guy because the pay is an insult for the risk you take with your life everyday.
Average
Driver Guard (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 13, 2018
Your average high turnover job. Every week is last minute posting of work schedule so you don't know if you can plan anything with the family. Management just spends time threatening to fire people and not fixing the problems or preventing them.
Pros
Get to carry a gun.
Cons
Last minute schedules, poor management, trucks beat you to death.
Fast paced and time sensitive
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2018
Everything you do is timed, meeting and hitting deadlines can be stressful but very fulfilling as you complete your routes/tasks.

Very engaging employee relations team, always looking for ways to get employees involved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunbar Armored. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight