Dunbar Armored Employee Reviews

Self disciplined , respectful
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Dunbar Armored, management was ok, I learned a lot from my coworkers, the work place was awesome. I usually come on time at work , doing my job as required .
Company was sold
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2018
The company was sold to a competitor so I don't know how it will change the job. THe industry is changing and i hope that the company can keep up with customers new demands and opportunity.
From what you see other cities are not too bad, But STAY AWAY FROM DURHAM BRANCH
driver/gaurd/crew chief (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 13, 2018
After years of employment at Dunbar i would recommend that everyone stay away, unless you like being treated like a # or someone without a brain, management is horrible from top to bottom, you will not be treated fairly.
Pros
some co-workers
Cons
hours, pay, management
It's okay
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 12, 2018
I worked there for about three months. They helped me get my class 1 (blue card). They take it out of your paycheck later on. The coworkers were great and the days werent that long. We began around 7:30 and came back at about 3pm sometimes 4pm or 5pm . It all depends on how fast you move as a team. The only downside of this job is the pay. At $13.00 an hour for the risks you take. Its not worth it. But yes. You get to wear body armor and get to qualify and use your personal firearm.
Management was great believe it or not.
Pros
Get to use your own firearm, great team, 6-8 hour work days
Cons
Pay pay pay..
High turnover for Transport
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 11, 2018
The Branch Manager is one of the good ones on the CVS side. Raises are not the greatest. Be prepared to work hard and not be appreciated by the company which has now been sold to Brinks. Working with cash is stressful. Some of the higher management do not know how to speak to employees on a professional level. HQ does not keep anything confidential but instead gossips, very unprofessional. Sometimes it feels like high school.
Cons
Pay not the greatest, feels like you're in a prison
Work was basically simple and self-supervised
Air Courier, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 5, 2018
My job was simply escort for shipped printed matter from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to various cities across the U.S.
I would transfer the packages to armored transport and return the same day two or three times a week.
There were instances when problems arose that required critical response and innovative solutions but the company expected them to be handled by the courier without any major upset. Security required the shipped material to be within our control at all times and to be accountable for any deviations.
The immediate supervisors were all very helpful and gave us all that we needed to do our jobs with all the contacts at the receiving level.
Pros
Lots of free time to read on the airlines.
Cons
Starting times as early as 2:00 AM to leave home, and returns often at midnight or later.
Good place to work, no career advancement
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 31, 2018
Good place to work, with good managers and flexible scheduling. But, no career advancement opportunities, and very little pay advancement. Some benefits are provided, but not enough to help with major medical procedures.
job is cool if you are looking for experience
Driver Guard (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAJuly 25, 2018
the job is ok, i guess. the pay sucks to be honest, in my opinion for the type of job we do we should get pay more. A cop once told me (i wouldn't want your job) you guys get pay "WAY" less than we do and your guys job is "WAY" more dangerous.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
pay rates and benefits
n/a
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 23, 2018
Dunbar Armored is going through a merger right now with another armored company, so things have been a little hectic and uneasy in the workplace. The branch does not have a branch manager as well, so everything is disorganized.
Good part-time job.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2018
A good place to work if you want a second job and for students that want a part time job. Easy job, short hours, and decent money for the time being as a part time job.
Pros
Good managers.
Cons
Low salary.

Want to know more about Dunbar Armored?

Ask a question
Little hours
ATM Deposit Puller/Courier (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 18, 2018
I only worked 15 hours per week and drove my personal vehicle to do the job. They didn't pay for my gas or mileage unless I went out of town then they paid mileage.
Pros
short hours
Cons
stressful going to ATM unarmed.
good
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 17, 2018
recommend working good hours and days. people are nice to work with and you have weekends and holidays off. pay could be bettr for the amount of work you do.
Good overall experience, but this was over twenty years ago
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, MDJuly 14, 2018
Great opportunity. Good company with a great sales territory which I excelled in, but a 1-1.5 hour commute each way made for a challenging long-term comittment.
Don’t bother!
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 11, 2018
Horrible pay rate and it’s a company that only wants naive people to work for them. McDonald’s pays more! Do yourself a favor and don’t even bother with this poor excuse of a company!
Pros
Not working there!
Cons
Wasted time with them!
Hard work, but a lot of potential for advancement
Project Manager/ Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2018
Good place to work. There is never a down moment, as everything move at such a quick pace. A hard worker can really do well , if they apply them selves.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity
Cons
Not enough people
Pretty good work environment.
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 9, 2018
The job itself wasn't bad. Too many "bad apples" were not written up/fired, which negatively impacted the shop as a whole. Morale suffered greatly because of this. I enjoyed working with the professional employees as they proved to be instrumental in training and provided an overall good work experience. I learned to adapt to individual personalities to meet goals and get the job done.
Pros
Good place to learn new job.
Cons
Hostile/chaotic work environment at times due to unprofessional behavior from employees.
Driver Guard
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 7, 2018
Working at Dunbar has been a beautiful experience I enjoy the time I worked there. The staff was amazing the environment was fast paced but there wasn't any pressure that would make you lose focus.
Family Owned Company that made Employees feel like part of family
Billing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 4, 2018
Great company to work for. Gave you opportunities to advance and be your own person. A place that believed in wellness and health. Gave us incentives to make us healthier. Unfortunately, Dunbar has been bought out by Brinks not sure what the new company will offer.
Pros
Very health concious
Cons
Salary could be higher
Fulfilling place to work
Vault Personnel/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 4, 2018
As a safety officer it is a fulfilling occupation to have. Making sure all drivers are working as safely as possible in the branch as well as on the road. The work culture varies; it can be stressful because there is always a target on your back as a armored guard and yet it is nice to know that someone always has your back.
Dunbar
Armed guard (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 3, 2018
Decent job doesn’t pay well great staff and management friendly up beat get to work with multiple people good experience for your career good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunbar Armored. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight