DUNCAN OIL COMPANY Employee Reviews

A good company to work for.
Admin. Asst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 7, 2018
When arriving you had to make sure the phones and gas pumps
were turned on. Check the drop box for any charge tickets and payments that have to be posted to customer accounts. Answering the phone for customers calling in to set up fuel deliveries, make payments, or set up new customers. Also, calls came in for people just asking for prices on fuel, propane tanks, etc. Duncan Oil is a good company to work for, but you have to be someone who can handle the fast pace and the stress that comes with the job. There are a lot of different managers within the company each one is over different aspects of the job performance. The atmosphere in the office was very friendly and a fun place to work. I liked the people that I worked with. The job was doing data entry, answering the phone, scheduling fuel deliveries, setting up new customers, collecting payments. Learned fuel prices change day to day according to price at time of delivery. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with prices as they change everyday. I enjoyed meeting and talking with customers. This was the first oil company that I had ever worked for and the pace was so much faster and stressful from anything I had ever done before. I worked in a male prison in Oklahoma for 12 1/2 years and it was nowhere as fast paced and stressful as working for Duncan Oil.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere and free snacks/drinks.
Cons
The time given to price/post tickets and send to customers.
Summer Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCSeptember 26, 2018
This was a part time summer job that grew into a full time managerial
position and taught me a lot about the managerial aspects of a business, it just diddn't pay enough.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCJuly 18, 2018
They talk about everybody that works there. They are back stabbers. They are hard to work for. They do not give raises. I would not recommend anybody working for them at all.
Customer an location wonderful, owner is horrible to work for
Clerk/Cook (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 29, 2018
Owner is a joke
Never has anyone been so rude an think they know everything. She has even told employee there, That they could not work anywhere else because they wasent good enough. She's a dull person to work for who appreciates nothing. She belives She's better an thinks her company is amazing when nobody even knows this company exist. Sadly she the owner is constantly in the stores an makes everyone miserable
An Lastly they have video an audio behind the counter to say the least she's a control freak!
Pros
Cons
No breaks, low pay, untrained employees, no help from management
Stay far away
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHMay 22, 2018
Management is a joke. All they do is sit in the office on their phones and complain and do nothen to help when needed. Also they watch the cameras which is creepy and listen on the mics on the employees and call and tell when they hear something they don't like. Shouldn't happen. Steer clear of this place.
Store level cashier
Convenience Store Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, OHJune 14, 2017
I had worked at other gas stations before I started at Duncan, they were by far the best of the bunch. They started me out higher than I made after two years with my previous company. If you show up and work hard they will reward you, they would even give gas cards for people that picked up shifts when we were short staffed. You can tell that they really care about their employees, I would highly recommend applying with them.
Pros
Bonuses, starting pay, overtime if you want it
Cons
You're always up and moving around, but it does make the day go quicker
Poor management terrible owner
Sales (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek ohioMarch 14, 2017
Do not work for this company!! They will give train you, promote you to management and treat you like you're the best employee that's they've ever had. But then out of no where, they let you go and send you home in a taxi. Terrible, terrible company!!!!!
Pros
Compensation, bonuses
Cons
Management /owners
Productive fun workplace
Propane Operations Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 29, 2015
Great company. they have invested a lot of time to train me in management. i had the responsibilities of managing some great guys!
?
Fuel Transport Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 17, 2014
I like driving because there isn't any room for errors and is very challenging if you like to use your mind. I have to be on my game every day and I find it very fullfilling. I want to drive and make the most money I can. Then, take it home to my family.
Pros
Open road, scenery, new people and challenging tasks on the job.
Cons
Traffic jams and brake downs.
Selling gas
Business & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 11, 2012
Great company liked selling gas and dealing with the dealers and setting gas prices
Pros
meeting different people everyday
Cons
finding help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DUNCAN OIL COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.