Duncan Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

It was a job.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJuly 25, 2018
I liked working with customers and keeping everything organized and doing my best to do a good job. I liked my manager and found the work interesting.
Pros
No late nights
Cons
Raises were infrequent
Productive environment and room for advacement
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed my position and the people I worked with. Working as a team and the accomplishments of helping others, whether they be your fellow team member or a patient.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
long hours that it required took me away from my family
Was a learning experiance
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKApril 30, 2018
Two days a week I was over the patient serving line, making sure their meals were ordered, and delivered at a timely manner, the other 3 days I over seen the running of the cafeteria, preparation of food, and all related paper work
housekeeping department: bad area
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICESMarch 4, 2018
Management lousy ( SODEXO run) very hard work with very low pay for the amount of work required of us. yearly raise is below 6 cents. we have 2 housekeepers that have been there 30+yrs still earns less than $11 hour. Advancement is impossible. RESPECT is @ 0%.The current manager hired by SODEXO does not even know how to clean a room.
Pros
its a paycheck at least
Cons
lack of respect, extremely low pay, no advancement opputunities
Lpc
Licensed Professional Counselor (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKFebruary 21, 2018
Conducting intake assessments, group and individual counseling, working with families to help with understanding the different issues that are affecting the patient and the family. Assisting patient families with placement at discharge and working with nursing homes and assisted living centers with placement for the patients and providing needed information. Pre-authorization for private insurances and completing updates for continued stay with various insurance companies.
great place to work
RN, Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKFebruary 12, 2018
great place to work, great atmosphere and all for one attitude, fast paced and precise work but a great team to work with, loved working there but the State of Oklahoma Tax compliance makes me ineligible for employment
A Hospital ER
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJanuary 8, 2018
Shift work, 12 per day, three days on two days off cycle. Quick thinking on emergency situations. Working with Physicians and nurses. Input of all patient data.
Great full time job
Respiratory supervisor (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJanuary 7, 2018
Working PRN status it was awful due to untimely call offs. Been on my way to work on occasion as PRN and was called off. However, being full time it was a very good place to work. During slow times, however, full time employees lost hours.
Pros
Have the time to have good patiet care.
Cons
Too slow paced
If you fit in
Registered Nurse, BSN Medical/Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKDecember 20, 2017
If you fit in then you will love it. I did not fit in the clicks and had no friends so it was hard to feel comfortable. There was a few people who were nice.
Supportive Learning Environment
Medical Surgical Nurse, Staff Nurse, Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKDecember 19, 2017
An amazing hospital to work at with opportunities for nurses to learn and expand their nursing skills. All my certifications were paid for. I was encouraged to go to as many classes as I wanted at the hospital and was paid to attend. We earned paid time off at a reasonable rate. There is a nursing clinical ladder to further your career. There are lateral job changes available if you don't like where you are working at the time. Staffing ratios are awesome. Overall, this has been the best hospital I have ever worked at.
Many kind people you work with
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKDecember 11, 2017
for a small town very up to date technology, you see things that I wouldn't have thought I would see. Close working with your supervisor, not just a face
Outstanding Work Environment
ER Registrar/Patient Placement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKSeptember 18, 2017
I found this hospital to be very competitive with other health centers. Management is willing to work and train employees to be successful in their job duties.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Benefits are not too good as it relates to healthcare.
Great place
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 16, 2017
Awesome work and management. Fair pay. Great hospital for learning and teaching. Would definitely recommend this hospital for a place of long-term employment.
Large hospital with a small town feel
Nurse Technician I (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKSeptember 7, 2017
I loved working here. The hospital is large and has many areas to work in but still has a small town clinic feel which I loved. I also enjoyed my management team and felt comfortable talking to them about issues. The RNs that I worked under directly where very good teachers, even when busy. I learned alot in my short time here as a nurse tech 1.
Great place
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKAugust 24, 2017
We were the General Contractor for additions and 5 phases of other areas in the hospital. Great place to work and the staff was great to work with.I would work again in this hospital if asked
Pleasant surroundings.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKAugust 1, 2017
State of the Art hospital in southern Oklahoma. Solid company. Great place for medical professionals. Non medical positions not as likely for advancement in position.
Pros
Free annual blood work. 10% discount in cafeteria
Busy, Nice facility
Ultrasound Technologist / Xray / CT (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and the patients. The outpatient Imaging Center is a new building with updated equipment and clean. The outpatient is connected to the hospital making it easy for transport.
Pros
starbucka
Cons
on call
Productive.
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJune 13, 2017
Duncan Regional Volunteer program is a great chance for the teens of the surrounding areas to get a chance to provide a great amount of service, and learn from Psyhicans and Nurses.
Pros
The cafeteria provided great food, the Nurses were very friendly, and the patients are very kind.
Great workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OK 73533May 4, 2017
Loved it honestly, had amazing supervisors and coworkers. Also willing to work with hours. Very fun place to work and gives you great opportunities and experience
Drh is horrible. I wouldnt take my loved ones there
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKApril 26, 2017
They are not safe !! They do not keep their word and i was glad to be away from the incompent idiots!!!!!!!!!!!! The boss suck and lied numerous times and there's no way on god's green earth i would take my family to this company!!!!!
Pros
Chickflia
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duncan Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Duncan Regional Hospital Reviews by Location