Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Don't work for them
Community Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2018
No room for growth and not for their works or clients it's not assisted living it's out right nursing home care. They care more about money then anything , clients concerns and needs are not met to many messy works and complaints are over looked as long as supervisor don't have to cover shifts they don't care what happens .
Pros
Cons
Don't work for them
Excellent Company
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
This position was very gratifying as I was managing a high behavioral home that required 24 hour supervision. Great Company I truly enjoyed making a positive difference in the individuals we cared for on a daily basis.
Pros
Priceless feeling knowing you are making a positive difference in someones life
Farmington NM
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 18, 2018
Pay is poor and barely enough to live on. The company just cares about money. Individuals are awesome to work with, but the staff are so disrespectful to them. Often PD pairs us with to many individuals and has high expectations in us keeping them safe. When in reality the staff to individual ratio is to overwhelming. And another thing would be! You have to be in great health because they won't give you any days off when you get sick!
Pros
Resident's are awesome
Cons
Unorganized company
Don't want to provide a review
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2018
Was hired for 30 hours per week and my typical work week was over 50 hours per week. My shifts went from evening shift to morning shift allowing me only a few hours to sleep.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
clients, management, hours
Fun work place, nice staff, laid back enviroment.
Lead Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 3, 2018
I would definitely recommend working for this company, despite the pay. Ive always been treated right by the staff and never had no issues. Hopefully plan on working for this company again in the near future.
Pros
Get to eat meals with residents, take them to fun activities and help improve the lives of the disabled.
Cons
Not the best pay for what you do.
Very bad company to work for!
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2018
Dungarvin is very unprofessional,under staffed.Over worked and under paid,The facility I worked for was very unorganized No structure ,unsanitary lack of communication between management and staff.I would not recommend this company.
Cons
No breaks, bad management
Terrible place to work
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  8604 allisonville rd Indianapolis Indiana .June 30, 2018
Dungarvin is a place of major stress. Management was not helpful. The program directors would try and leave you at a house longer than 2 shifts put together. You honestly never knew when your shift would end. Worst part is the dishonesty in that company. Many times people would not show up to there shifts. You would have to call your program director. Depending on if he/she picks up you would have to stay and Work. Even when the hire ups would answer the call of your distress, they don’t care. No one comes to help. I’ve seen neglect happen at the company towards individuals. Staff always on there phones not paying attention to the well being of clients. A lot of people at dungarvin are selfish. Staff gets to confrontatational towards eachother. Unprofessional company; work here if you want to be miserable!
Pros
You have the opportunity to help clients/individuals who desperately need a helping hand, Love and compassion
Cons
Very poor management/ overworked/ hostile environment/ major dishonesty from hire ups
Dangerous
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJune 29, 2018
It's a novel idea dungarvin, how ever it is a very dangerous job. You have no security against your violent clients besides your coworkers. The two houses I worked in were poorly run, half the staff slept leaving one person awake to deal with violent behaviors.
Okay
Bathe, groom and assist patients (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2018
This place is easy to get hired at. They have a very high turnover rate which is stressful. Once getting to training I realized that the job I thought I was being hired for was completely different than what the job actually entails. I was hired to work 40 hours a week and by the looks of it I will hardly get 35.
Pros
Good management, lots of training
Cons
No lunch breaks
fun
DSP (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 24, 2018
Each day is different . You develop a relationship with individuals that makes each day worth it. it can be difficult but there is an entire support team to help you with every step
no balance HIGH stress
Mendota (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJune 18, 2018
absolutely no balance within this company. Managers are inexperienced and lack knowledge to lead their teams.
Turnover is VERY high, even the homes are not well kept
It s fun at imes a typical day could be fast paced or it could be very slow.
Assist residents (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 22, 2018
It a wonderful place to work when you are working and having fun. We work as a team that has become a second family. A typical day at work consist of meal preparation, medication administration, household duties. We may have to escort out on a medical appointment or just out shopping. We encourage in home activities and outdoor.
Pros
benefits, and paid time off
Cons
high turn over at times
good place to work, sometimes stressful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OR 97401April 29, 2018
Dungarvin is a good place to work, but it can be stressful at times, especially if you don't do self-care and overwork yourself. The people are generally willing to work with you depending on the house you are placed in.
Decent
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2018
I loved my job, but it was slowly drained away to a like, ok, and dreading. Lack of appreciation and support from management above the Program Directors.
Pros
Individuals, co-workers
Cons
Lack of Support, lack of encouragement and appreciation
Don’t work for them
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 10, 2018
They suck I was attacked by the client none of the other staff helped another staff member had her shin sliced open. My client flipped out tried beating me with a rock threw glass jars at me. All management did was oh I’m sorry and that’s it. I miscarried my baby and all they did was when can u come back tonight right?! Worse place ever
Management is horrible
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2018
Evansville office is the worse. Everyone in the office is buddy buddy so a lot of things get overlooked. Program directors are lazy and don't work well with staff. Program directors are the cause of most behaviors in the homes. If they got new Program directors the clients would do much better. Instead clients get screamed at and talked down to. They will work you to death. Not a good company to work for. No drug test to get hired and you pass medication. Lots of meds come up missing. If you are sick they still make you work. They don't care about their employees or client.
If u want to regret in your life, i will recomend u to work at dungarvin
Dsp (Current Employee) –  MNMarch 8, 2018
Very poor management . RH hires and residential supervisor fires at will even lil to nothing cause. Very racist company at the level of supervisor and directors. Black supervisors and RPC's resigns at random to prove their racist tendencies . I will not recomend any person who is into college because they can mess up your life and career.
Cons
Poor management and low pay
Dungarvin was a great place to work due to the home setting and feel.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORFebruary 26, 2018
A typical day at work would start off with a shift change and getting all info on clients the night before. Taking the clients out to shop and to do basic activities. Cook breakfast lunch and dinner. Cleaned did anything that needed attention.
Pros
helping my clients with a good life.
Cons
coverage with staff
Challenging and stressful but rewarding
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 21, 2018
I love caring for the needs of the individuals we serve, and helping staff in times of need; however, it's challenging to do it effectively because of the large caseload and expectations of Program Director. You're always working- there is no work life balance.
Pros
Flexibility, pay
Cons
Too many individuals on Caseload, needs more structure. No work-life balance
love working with the clients
PCW (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 14, 2018
I loved working with the clients but there was no flexibilty, this company does not care about your personal life, there is no schedule flexibility, usually they have jobs open for the weekends but thats because they expect you to work EVERY single weekend! no rotating, no family time, holidays, OH well...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dungarvin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight