Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
no balance HIGH stress
Mendota (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJune 18, 2018
absolutely no balance within this company. Managers are inexperienced and lack knowledge to lead their teams.
Turnover is VERY high, even the homes are not well kept
good place to work, sometimes stressful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OR 97401April 29, 2018
Dungarvin is a good place to work, but it can be stressful at times, especially if you don't do self-care and overwork yourself. The people are generally willing to work with you depending on the house you are placed in.
Decent
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2018
I loved my job, but it was slowly drained away to a like, ok, and dreading. Lack of appreciation and support from management above the Program Directors.
Pros
Individuals, co-workers
Cons
Lack of Support, lack of encouragement and appreciation
Don’t work for them
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 10, 2018
They suck I was attacked by the client none of the other staff helped another staff member had her shin sliced open. My client flipped out tried beating me with a rock threw glass jars at me. All management did was oh I’m sorry and that’s it. I miscarried my baby and all they did was when can u come back tonight right?! Worse place ever
Management is horrible
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2018
Evansville office is the worse. Everyone in the office is buddy buddy so a lot of things get overlooked. Program directors are lazy and don't work well with staff. Program directors are the cause of most behaviors in the homes. If they got new Program directors the clients would do much better. Instead clients get screamed at and talked down to. They will work you to death. Not a good company to work for. No drug test to get hired and you pass medication. Lots of meds come up missing. If you are sick they still make you work. They don't care about their employees or client.
If u want to regret in your life, i will recomend u to work at dungarvin
Dsp (Current Employee) –  MNMarch 8, 2018
Very poor management . RH hires and residential supervisor fires at will even lil to nothing cause. Very racist company at the level of supervisor and directors. Black supervisors and RPC's resigns at random to prove their racist tendencies . I will not recomend any person who is into college because they can mess up your life and career.
Cons
Poor management and low pay
Dungarvin was a great place to work due to the home setting and feel.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORFebruary 26, 2018
A typical day at work would start off with a shift change and getting all info on clients the night before. Taking the clients out to shop and to do basic activities. Cook breakfast lunch and dinner. Cleaned did anything that needed attention.
Pros
helping my clients with a good life.
Cons
coverage with staff
Challenging and stressful but rewarding
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 21, 2018
I love caring for the needs of the individuals we serve, and helping staff in times of need; however, it's challenging to do it effectively because of the large caseload and expectations of Program Director. You're always working- there is no work life balance.
Pros
Flexibility, pay
Cons
Too many individuals on Caseload, needs more structure. No work-life balance
love working with the clients
PCW (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 14, 2018
I loved working with the clients but there was no flexibilty, this company does not care about your personal life, there is no schedule flexibility, usually they have jobs open for the weekends but thats because they expect you to work EVERY single weekend! no rotating, no family time, holidays, OH well...
Not Worth It
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 11, 2018
Unless you want this to be your career, it's not worth it. Management is usually useless, the work environment is unsafe and dangerous, you aren't given enough guidance, and often get blamed for things that are out of your control. Also don't expect to have a life outside of work.
I did enjoy the coworkers however and the work was rewarding some days. It's nice to see your clients prosper and be able to help them.
Pros
plenty of over time, a few free meals, set schedule
Cons
dangerous work environment, bad management, draining work
A good place to work if you can handle it mentally.
Community Support provider (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIFebruary 4, 2018
Before you agree to work there, just know that if your told you are going to be a part time employee,dont count on it ! they will require you to work a lot more. They mandate people to work and if you don't,you will be let go. Be aware that you will be put in very violent situations,some that could be even life threatening,even though you have been trained to deal with these things,there are times when it doesn't work. Make sure you are prepared for these things before you commit.To be perfectly honest,you will never be prepared,and it will scare you horribly.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Violent behaviors, bad hours, and poor management. TV
Official response from Dungarvin
February 21, 2018

Dungarvin provides initial and ongoing training to equip our employees to respond to behaviors that may be exhibited by the people we support. We may contract with professional behavioral consultants to assist with the development of effective de-escalation techniques. We attempt to match employees with the people we support, as we recognize that as individuals everyone has differences and not everyone will be comfortable working in all situations. We genuinely value a safe environment for the people we support as well as our employees.

very loud and immature people
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 28, 2018
Managers pick their favorites and are not fair with others. Very "clicky" and they don't communicate with all team members. Much chitter chatter about nothing all day, no proper training.
Pros
you can take breaks whenever you want
Cons
management, immedite supervisors inability to treat peons equaly.
Not your average caregiver work
Direct Support Provider (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 23, 2018
Management is such a revolving door that the company hasn't been on the same page for about two years. This causes mass employee and client confusion that shifts focus away from giving care.
Not the Greatest Job You can Find
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2018
This position (DSP) is often looked at as a working mule in my opinion. They overwork you. You often go unnoticed if you work efficiently and diligently. There is not much room to be promoted. I worked there for 2 years and received no raise, after countless 16 hour shift coverage for others. The only good part that I truly miss is the clients you work with. They are amazing.
Alot of Favoritism amongst managers
Overnight dsp (Former Employee) –  NJJanuary 5, 2018
When you first start working at Dungarvin, you would think it's an easy going job. The job is not hard but the people working there make it hard. It's alot of drama drama drama. The managers definitely have favoritism there, and it makes the job a very uncomfortable environment to work in. Once they don't like you, they will team up to get rid of you the best way they can. Horrible place to work. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Getting to know the clients
Cons
Poor management
Staff are good but not 100%.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Flora, INDecember 27, 2017
People at Dungarvin are sweetest people you ever meet but when you requesting a day off or find an replacement, the hardest time you will ever because they will either say no or have a plan. Some will say yes but again, not 100%. I learned a lot in 3 months of employment. It is good for people who truly want to make individuals a better life. I worked overtime a lot and some day it burned out fast. Be careful who you work with.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Drama
About my job
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 20, 2017
i worked overnight so i was not totally involved into day activities much.
it is good working with the person served. and co-workers. i will love to relocate because of the distance and moving from house to house at nigth which is risky. I was trained how to give person served med, managing of house activities, respecting person served culture and also co-workers. moving from house to an other house at night is the hardest part of the job. I enjoyed working for the person served. the company prepared me for the job and future to come. I developed more love working with disability person. and also developed more love for the job. but I have to leave due to distance and others factors. The annual training is one of most important thing i benefit from the company.
I will like to
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
moving from House to house at Night.
very unprofesstional
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 18, 2017
worst job i ever worked at and i been a dsp for 10 years this job is all about drama drama drama!!! i would never come back to this job i feel bad for the individuals.
Pros
getting to know individuals
Cons
pay supervisor co workers
Underpaid, overworked
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 17, 2017
It is not fair for this job to pay the same as if you were to flip burgers, instead. This is a difficult, emotionally stressful, and physically dangerous work environment and the pay is inadequate. As a float, you may receive reasonable compensation, but you will work extremely awful schedules with unexpected changes. The overall work environment should be reevaluated.
okay
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNNovember 12, 2017
High medical house need to be more staffed; more time needs to be dedicated to clients
clients are wonderful
needs steady management
extensive training needed to assist clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dungarvin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight