Dungarvin Employee Reviews

It was an ok experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 10, 2018
Working with the clients was always a good time or doing any part of my job. The problem was my bosses didn’t do there job would make us come to work even if you had the flu, would cheat you on you asked days off even if you had the hours and constantly would fire anyone they didn’t like because at the house I worked at it became a place of what I’d call if you where not part of the inner crowd you got treated like garbage
Pros
Good experience and some great people with good intentions work in the company
Cons
Being a dsp is hard no matter what but it is fun
Dungarvin (my opinion
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 9, 2018
Dungarvin was an enjoyable company to work for because of the clients not so much the management. I stayed because of the impact I had on the lives of the individuals I was working with.
Three year employee
CSS (Current Employee) –  Pardeeville, WIOctober 2, 2018
I am very satisfied with my pay at this job. I can not find a better paying job than this that only requires a HSD. I also like that the company prefers to promote from within and give their employees opportunities for advancement before looking for outside hires. I have promoted twice in three years.
I work with clients who have mental and behavioral challenges. This can be stressful at times but it is menial labor and overall very easy money.
Pros
Great pay
Paid training
Personal Counselor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 19, 2018
This job was very stressful and needed to be on call all the time. Boring, slow paced. Difficult clients without applicable skills needed. No benefits. Mandatory Paid training during work hours, unable to attend.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, long shifts
I wouldn't recommend working at this company. No Empathy what so ever.
ILS Worker (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNSeptember 19, 2018
This company does not train their employees. They throw you in the job with the very minimal basics and expect you to learn your role on you own. Management is cut-throat. Supervisors never answer their phones to answer questions. Poor compensation and frankly they do not care. This company is strictly out for money.
Pros
Great relationships with my clients.
Cons
Management- Company as a whole
It was ok company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 18, 2018
I love the client I had it was very nice working with her she taught me things as well. The company was ok I feel like communication can get better when it comes to the manger but over all still a good company especially when you looking to make easy money.
Lack of training and unaccommodating
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNSeptember 13, 2018
I did not like working here as the management micromanaged on the paperwork and small details while neglecting the more pertinent issues such and helping the client find and maintain a job.
Cons
very low pay for the amount of work
Fun people that live in the homes
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 12, 2018
The persons with disabilities are amazing people. The homes are ran by management and hopefully you have good management because there are only a few people you work with in a small space.
Wrong Company
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 4, 2018
i absolutely love what i do, but i hate doing it for this company. it's all about a profit and not about individual care. i have seen thousands of dollars worth of electronics be stolen from one client, over 400 oxycontin pills stolen from another client, and nothing was ever done about it. management is terrible and doesnt actually do anything to assist you with your job. i also work over 30hrs of overtime EACH WEEK and still struggle make ends meet. i would not recommend this company to anybody. ever.
gdsgfdahfshjsgjs
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 23, 2018
"I don't know what to say about this job but I don't think this was a great job for me. It was long hours on overnight shift but it was very flexibe which was
Lack of management assistance
Community Support Person (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 22, 2018
Fellow employees were cooperative when needs where significant. Coworkers were also fairly easy to work with. Management was often missing despite urgency of needs.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
long unexpected hours
Fun and exciting
Job coaching and Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMAugust 20, 2018
Overall it was a great experience for me . It was fun and exciting. But I have to relocate to Fresno California. Therefore I'm looking for a good job in Fresno California.
Pros
I bought my own launch
Cons
Breaks here and there and worked straight 8 hours without clocking out
Stressfull enviroment
Assist consumers (Current Employee) –  Gallup, NMAugust 17, 2018
Shift started with assisting consumer with cooking or cleaning. I learned a lot working with individuals with disabilities. Management has poor communication. The hardest part is documenting for six consumers all at once. Although I truly enjoy working with them.
Pros
Milage reimbursement
Cons
No breaks
Rewarding
Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2018
The clients are worth every hour worked. NIce homes and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Co-workers sometime are moody buy all in all its okay to work at.
Lack of management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 13, 2018
Come to house and follow which ever manager was on shift at that time. Wasnt any training at the group home. Kind of learned on our own and house ran itself. Hardest part was trying to figure out what the on call manager wanted us to do daily. Enjoyed the individuals although most of them were seff sufficient.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of management / directions
Pay seems high until you realize you have to sacrifice your well-being & time.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIAugust 7, 2018
Managers stick you with tons of hours. They give no relief if co-workers don't show, which happens terribly often. They lack a real team effort. It's every man for himself type of environment. They don't have enough safety for workers. High risk. Long hours. High stress. Very poor management. You will be left hanging regularly. Just ask about the turnover-- it's constant-- and they won't tell you reality anyhow.
Pros
Wages seem good, then you realize not good enough.
Cons
Horrible management. Bad benefits. Too much turnover.
No support
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 2, 2018
Dungarvin gave me no support when I came onboard. I was left to attempt to learn the job on my own, and as a manager, thats impossible. They pretty much pushed me out the door, then got mad when I quit. The Milwaukee "team" is full of terrible management and theyre all just one big unprofessional clique. The Rock County team is amazing. I was forced to travel over 2 hours away each day due to the new group home not opening as planned. The state director doesnt care about anything. She only sees her side of things and no one elses. The orientation training is rushed and not taught accurately. The company is sadly a mess. They treat their high behavioral individuals like animals instead of human beings. It broke my heart having to see how they are treated as opposed to other facilities i have worked at. So glad I don't work here anymore.
Pros
Janesville staff
Cons
Everything else
Worst job every
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 25, 2018
Bosses expected me to do everything for nothing. I made 8 an hour and had to fill the roll of 4 people and sometimes had to work for 3 or 4 days straight without sleep
Pros
Cons
Everyrhing
day at work
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 23, 2018
this job is based on working with disable people. it takes time and patience to work more than 2 years. its not all fun its also hard to get use to cleaning and feeding some. there is fun in it, the day outing to enjoy the community events, or just to hang out. But its always as a group.
Pros
going on fun outings
Cons
feeding and changing them.
Don't work for them
Community Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2018
No room for growth and not for their works or clients it's not assisted living it's out right nursing home care. They care more about money then anything , clients concerns and needs are not met to many messy works and complaints are over looked as long as supervisor don't have to cover shifts they don't care what happens .
Pros
Cons
Don't work for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dungarvin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight