Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Not an enjoyable place to work
Home health aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJanuary 10, 2019
This place is a fraud I had a client for 10 years I worked with her for 64 hours a week she passed away unexpectedly and they took me from 64 hours a week 9 hours a week I could not live on 9 hours a week I lost my house I lost my car they do not return phone calls but then they blame it on you and they fired me for no good cause that's why I'm seeking an attorney
Pros
No pros
Professional and great workplace
Mental Health Program Director (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 9, 2019
Dungarvin cares about their employees and clients. They offer great trainings and make every attempt to support new staff coming in. Their culture was different from other companies I have worked for, however, these issues were common in many other places I have been employed. They take every report seriously and investigate them to try and improve the environment for both the clients and employees. I would recommend Dungarvin as they are a company in which advancement is possible and you can acquire new skills through mentorship.
Productive work place could be stressfull at times.
Direct support staff (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 3, 2019
I loved working for my clients and helping throughout the day, but the company did not domuch for thw employee. They did not have a support group for the staff who had traumatic days.
Awful place to work and dangerous
CSP (Former Employee) –  Pardeeville, WIDecember 29, 2018
They constantly lie and change your schedule. People constantly quit and they force you to work up to 20 hours at a time. If you have kids good luck ever seeing them cause you'll most likely get screwed into having to stay. It's a stressful job that doesn't even pay that well. You will never get to use ANY pto you build up due to management being horrible at thier jobs. Also the health insurance is absolutely abysmal!
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Everything to do with the company
Review
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 27, 2018
This is a high-stress level working environment. Be prepared. I was at the long beach location and management was very stressful until the new program director came.
Sad
DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 26, 2018
This work environment was sad. No training, management hard to reach, punch in and out never on time. No coverage or tools to do the job. Below compensated for work expected.
Horrible place
Case Management department (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNDecember 23, 2018
Over worked, underpaid, department manager was a joke. Everyone leaving all the time. High caseloads with expectations that you could not reach due to turn over. Expensive health insurance, they say flexible schedule but it’s not. No work life balance.
Pros
Take breaks when you want
Your are on your own
Lead Staff, AFH (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 17, 2018
You are often left to learn the job on your own. After the initial training find a good mentor and ask questions. There are no typical days. You could escort somebody to the fair or listen to them scream all day. Keep the program clean, cook, and pass meds on time are the 3 constants. Depending on where you work, somebody may be able to answer a question or you will need to call/text the director. They will take up much time asking questions, so as I said find a mentor.
Pros
No dressing up
Cons
No breaks, daily schedule changes, too many hours
No lunch time or rest periods respected.....
LVN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 15, 2018
You can not leave facility during your 8 hours shift....must take lunch breack or rest breaks whenever posible...y busy then no breacks....management has no respect for employees and really rude and unrespectfull....no back up staff for sicólogo calls...in you call sick you must find your own replacement, management does not care if you are sick or not, if you do not find replacement, you must show up for work, or else...as per management stated....no control on supplies needed to provide good patients care...broken beds reportes severas times, never fixed...real hazard for body enjuries....
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, scheduling, staffing...
Decent Company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 7, 2018
I worked for this company for two years and I didn't see any room for advancement. I believe it is a good company to work for, and people get in their roles and stay.
not worth it
CSP (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 4, 2018
I worked with physically, and mentally handicapped people. There was no team work in this organization. The managers expected you to come in sick, I guess so you could get the clients sick. Did not get paid enough for the position to put up with the other co workers.
Pros
Loved working with the clients
Cons
No team work or appreciation
pretty good place to work
Direct Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 8, 2018
Most people would like this job. Great work days and weekends are plus holiday pay is great.There is are awesome co-workers and super fun filled days with children and adults that have mental delays.
I enjoy my job.
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2018
I am grateful and thankful for the opportunity given to me.
There are always new things happening daily. The individuals are a pleasure to work around.
Pros
Advancement. Steady work.
Cons
Lots of negative minded people.
Has multiole opportunities.
PERSONAL CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 30, 2018
I love that they help provide caregivers to adults with disabilities and keep them active. Gives them hope and fun. A lot of their clients are pushed aside so they help them and keep them positive.
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant/Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNOctober 29, 2018
I would not recommend this place to no one, the management is horrible and they don't listen to their staff. The consumers are very disrespectful and due to management Co workers only last a couple of months.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Plenty of overtime means staff not comingbin
Ok to work here
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 18, 2018
A good company to work in.
A lot of hours and openings available.
Diverse environment.
In house promotion possible.
Management is understanding and cooperative.
It was an ok experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 10, 2018
Working with the clients was always a good time or doing any part of my job. The problem was my bosses didn’t do there job would make us come to work even if you had the flu, would cheat you on you asked days off even if you had the hours and constantly would fire anyone they didn’t like because at the house I worked at it became a place of what I’d call if you where not part of the inner crowd you got treated like garbage
Pros
Good experience and some great people with good intentions work in the company
Cons
Being a dsp is hard no matter what but it is fun
Dungarvin (my opinion
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 9, 2018
Dungarvin was an enjoyable company to work for because of the clients not so much the management. I stayed because of the impact I had on the lives of the individuals I was working with.
Three year employee
CSS (Current Employee) –  Pardeeville, WIOctober 2, 2018
I am very satisfied with my pay at this job. I can not find a better paying job than this that only requires a HSD. I also like that the company prefers to promote from within and give their employees opportunities for advancement before looking for outside hires. I have promoted twice in three years.
I work with clients who have mental and behavioral challenges. This can be stressful at times but it is menial labor and overall very easy money.
Pros
Great pay
Paid training
Personal Counselor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 19, 2018
This job was very stressful and needed to be on call all the time. Boring, slow paced. Difficult clients without applicable skills needed. No benefits. Mandatory Paid training during work hours, unable to attend.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dungarvin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight