Dunkin' Brands Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbiana, OHJune 4, 2019
The management simply does not care about anyone. Every body in the building is replaceable in their eyes and those who deserve promotions never see them. The entire company looks down on nearly every employee and it is a poor establishment.
Very nice and relaxing environment
Backroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 22, 2019
There are a few rushes of people every now and then, but most often there are some downtimes where you can take care of other things that need to be taken care of without having too much piled on your plate so to speak.
Generally pretty trashy
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAApril 15, 2019
I was asked to cover shifts and work alone when I had never been trained to work alone or close the store. Compensation is pretty bad, only $8 an hour, which was awful considering it barely paid for gas at times when I was asked to deliberately go far out of my way to work in different locations. Midway through working there, my hours were cut from 32 a week to 16 without any warning. Management did a poor job of communicating schedule changes etc. The work environment and some of the people I worked with seemed to intentionally make me uncomfortable at times, but that's more personal experience rather than a reflection of the company.
Pros
Experience in working and some decent coworkers
Cons
Poor management and low pay
Exciting opportunity with continuous successes
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 18, 2018
I was a contractor. Unfortunately my contract ended and there were no openings available. Also, it was a long commute but would think about it for the right compensation. This was at the corporate location in Canton, MA.
Pros
Free food, great management, teamwork
Cons
Commute, many entry level positions vs career
A fun brand with great people
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 27, 2018
It was exciting to work for such a fun, well known brand. I loved the people I worked with, which was the greatest perk of the job. Retail/QSR business is demanding, and there were constant changes in priorities and organizational structure which could be distracting and sometimes demotivating. Leadership seems to be making efforts to change the culture, though sometimes at the expense of dedicated employees. Overall an enjoyable place to work if you can roll with the punches.
My all-time favorite job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Thompson, CTNovember 24, 2018
I absolutely LOVED this job and the location. It was small, it was inside a gas station and I was only responsible for my side. The customers became my friends, as well as the gas station attendant. Everyone was super friendly, and even though it was located in a small town and rarely saw any new faces, I never walked out without at least $10 in tips and a smile on my face. I felt more like a bartender or counselor than a barista. People would come in and we would talk about their lives and what was going on with them. I will never forget the many people I met there and am grateful for the connections and friends I made while I was there. I oftentimes wish I still lived in Connecticut just so I could have my old job back.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
small town
Great company, not great pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 12, 2018
Dunkin' has a generally good culture. Definitely hard to advance in certain roles but overall great people who enjoy working at the company. Difficult to match pay though
Productive and fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYNovember 3, 2018
I started off as a cashier and worked my way up to shift manager. I learned everything that is needed to know like working the baskin and robins station. I finished donuts in the kitchen. Sometimes did deliveries to other locations. It was fast paced and fun.
Pros
Free lunch. Paid vacation. Holiday pay
Cons
Short break tine
I opened the store daily which included: arriving at 3:00am(daily) to bake the breads and donuts. Preparing the coffees, setting up the display case
Baker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Dunkin. I had a major role in prepping the baked goods for the store according to the day of the week. I am a hard worker who isn’t afraid to get dirty ,if necessary ,to complete the task at hand. Being responsible for the opening of the store on a daily basis gave me more drive. I liked the fact that the store was depending on my service to open and serve their customers with quality food that I had made for them.
Pros
Free donut and coffees
Cons
Not enough dedication from the staff
Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MASeptember 10, 2018
This job is fast paced.. you will find yourself running around all day long. There is a high turnover rate, so you are working with less people than you should be a lot of the times, one reason why it is fast paced. The customers can be really nasty, especially when they have to wait. You will not always have a perfect day, everyone makes mistakes, fix it and move on don’t let it get to you. This is a fast food job, food safety is important! There are different stations that you may be at, these stations are made to help you succeed, they make the store run smoothly. You have to be able to multitask. It is not a terrible job but there are definitely some flaws. The job is either for you or it’s not, which is why we can’t keep much help. Also, they do it take your tips out of your pay check, they put them in to tax them and then take them back out since you already received your tips the day you worked or whenever you picked them up.
Pros
Advancement, free food/coffee on shift
Cons
Short breaks
Great work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Stone Ridge, NYAugust 24, 2018
Dunkin is fast paced. Great manager. Offers plenty of room to grow within the company.long hours with a flexible schedule. Great working in the public
Pros
Room to grow with company
Fast pace fun work environment
Sr. IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAAugust 20, 2018
Dunkin moves at lightening speed as they continue to introduce new products and offers each month. It's a great place to work as it's a very marketing driven company that continues to look into the future.
They’re horrible
Dunkin Donuts Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 15, 2018
I was treated like actual garbage by the manager of the moline IL location. They’ve been through countless employees in the past 4 months since the previous managers left and its ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, awful management
Dunkin Donuts
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2018
Good first job but would never apply to work there again. The management is horrible, people don't know how to follow simple directions and its slave work for little pay.
good place to work friendly crew for teen
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJune 7, 2018
the crew member are nice and help u when need but manger dont train you or help but the got new mangers that can in they were alot better then first mangers. work place is cean but need to upgrade something equiment.they need to up pay so crew r williing to work.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not enough money
Dunkin' Brands was a great place to work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 29, 2018
After almost 40 years of employment at DBI, my job was eliminated. In my last job at Dunkin', I supported the SVP and his direct reports. I provided travel, meeting and trade show management.
Pros
on-site fitness center with classes daily, friendly atmosphere and early release Fridays
Fast pace, challenging place to work
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 10, 2018
Always evolving, ever changing, fast pace place to work. Great people and great cross functional teams make Dunkin' a great place to work. Continued growth present a challenge and keep things interesting.
Overall Great Place
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canton, MA 02021January 9, 2018
Work-life balance was amazing. They completely understood the terms words and made you feel appreciated. Other than being laid off for budget reasons, place was well worth the experience.
Decent Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 8, 2018
Good First Job or Second if your looking for part time go for it has qualities and things you can take to other places of employment pretty much laid back and chill
High Energy and Collaborative Environment
Learning (Current Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 28, 2017
Dunkin' Brands is a great company! Whether you're at HQ or in the field, the collaborative nature and great people make it a fun and productive place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunkin' Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss