Dunkin' Donuts Employee Reviews

Found 13,971 reviews matching the search See all 14,454 reviews
fast pace, fun, relaxed
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 19, 2019
Working here as been an incredible experience and has helped me grow in so many different ways. however, my hours are just not where i would like them to be considering I have personal expenses. very good first job, though
Pros
free coffee and food
Cons
hours
Don’t have much to say
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hawley, PAMarch 19, 2019
Manager won’t hire anyone who isn’t attractive to the eye. Doesn’t care about anything you have to say. Can’t keep people working there because it’s a terrible place to work. Pays the bare minimum. Doesn’t offer insurance.
Pros
Free lunch. Tips.
Cons
Everything basically
Stressful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 19, 2019
A typical day at work was very stressful. The duties are easy and is not a bad job, but is a type of job that it's to take just for a little while. Management was horrible, the hardest part of the job was getting there and have to work more than what you have to because to much employees were missing.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no hours
It was tough.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 19, 2019
This was my first serious job and it was an experience I will never forget. Everything was fine and great at first. It was hard because of the poor training but then agian the store was always super busy and everyone was doing their best to make sure these huge lines of customers to pass by. The lines during the summer time were extreme and very intimidating. Breaks? When I was there it was no such thing as a break because how popular and how many people came through the door. The sad and hard part was the customers if we didn’t have a certain drink/ice cream flavor they would get so upset and take their emotions out on the employees and threatened them to lose their jobs because of “bad service” and “lack of items”. It was hard. I did enjoy the job but it was just a bad time to work there for me. The store was falling apart as well but thankfully they moved to a better location.
Pros
Nice discounts
Cons
No breaks, rude customers
Great learning experience
CrewMember (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMarch 19, 2019
At Dunkin' Donuts I recieved a flexible work schedule and a complete set of instructions to continually follow while working. I learned to accomplish tasks quickly and efficiently.
I loved meeting new people and making them smile with great coffe
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 19, 2019
I liked working for dunkin donuts to meet new people and making people smiile with a friendly conversation and great coffee, youd be surprised how far a smile and a friendly conversation goes.
Pros
My pros are knowing i made atleast one person happy
Cons
Rude customers, but it somes with the terroritory
Working There
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2019
I advanced pretty quickly to GM status. I appreciate that opportunity. However, I will admit that I was not properly trained for that position. Different rules and regulations were barked at management through out the entire day via text and email from owners. It seemed no one was ever really on the same page. They demanded unrealistic goals with no real training. I enjoyed a few employees but the pay was little to nothing for what they demanded from management.
It's alright
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCMarch 19, 2019
I loved working the drive thru. I liked hearing different people coming thru the line and hearing how they sound or the conversations that got going on....I also loved the fact you never knew what was going to pop up at the window
a good first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 19, 2019
this is a good first job but very hardworking. the people you work with will try to take advantage of you and make your work 30 hours a week while going to high school.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
hours
Not fun
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 19, 2019
typical day was taking orders and making coffee and making sure the order was right
learned to deal with customers
hardest part of the job was the pace you had to keep
there was not much culture in the workplace
fast paced, fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Neshannock, PAMarch 18, 2019
It was mostly fun because all my friends and I worked there and so we got to work hard, play hard. It was fun doing third bake. Management and owners could be frustrating at times.
Lack of salary raises
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCMarch 18, 2019
Despite being complimented by the manager and other business managers coming in to scout me to work for their store I never received a raise even when I asked. I waited for a month and the store manager continuously neglected speaking to the district manager about my inquiry. I was working as a part-time employee in high school but would still be scheduled for work weeks achieving 30+ hours a week.
We tent to make the work place fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NHMarch 18, 2019
All I can say is you will have to work hard but sometimes we find time to have fun. We have alot of things we need to make sure are done before leaving at the end of your shift every day.
Great Workers
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTMarch 18, 2019
I loved my managers and co workers, but the owners expect way to much of them. I have seen my manager put in 60+ hours of work a week and get barely recognition which isn't fair at all. Shona is an angel and they are lucky for her.
Pros
Great employees and good mangment
Cons
The owners take advantage of thier good employees
productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 18, 2019
Took customer's orders in a quick and timely manner. Counted all cash and card transactions at the end of shift. Kept a clean work area. Dealt with customer complaints and resolved to best of my ability.
Experience
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Homosassa, FLMarch 18, 2019
In the long run, Dunkin Donuts did set me up for a successful future. Working there, I learned how to defuse problems quickly while sending a customer on their way with a smile. Another thing I became more experienced in is leading my team in the right direction no matter how difficult things could be that particular day. Things could get pretty hectic. I'd say the hardest part of the job was getting slammed for a few hours & making sure not only the customers were happy- but the employees as well. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being the customers "favorite." Having people come in happy to see me & complimenting my exceptional customer service is what drove me to do better.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No Healthcare
Mostly fast paced except at night it is chill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2019
At Dunkin' Donuts i learned how stressful and fast paced it could be. Many times i am told I am not going fast enough especially when it comes to making food and drinks when there are a lot of customers to be served. I personally left because of the distance from my home and i feel like the pay/hours was not enough for me so i left. If you are okay with very fast paced environments most of the time then this is for you. It is mostly stressful in the morning but at night it is very chill and quite slow so you can take your time (most of the time)
Pros
Free food on work days, discounts when not working
Cons
low pay, low hours
good work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYMarch 18, 2019
everyone here smiled the managers were all nice. there was plenty of room to be promoted, Everyone had a chance to do well. I would recommend this job to anyone who like coffee and or customer service
sub par experience of employment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Northford, CTMarch 18, 2019
The management in my time there changed several times and it seemed like every time with a change it got worse. Very disorganized in terms of scheduling as well as keeping the staff happy and working together.
Pros
free food
Cons
management
Great customers great employees gm was bad an always under staff
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 17, 2019
I absolutely loved working at Dunkin donuts I would have stayed if they replace the gm an hired more people. Other then that can't complain I love seeing the regulars come an you really get to learn to know what they always order.
Pros
Discounts great customers
Cons
Understaff, over work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunkin' Donuts. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K
43.9K
33.9K
21.5K
11.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dunkin' Donuts.

Powered by Comparably