Dunkin' Donuts Employee Reviews

Found 12,069 reviews matching the search See all 12,495 reviews
Productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 16, 2018
It’s a very nice and fun environment the customers are the best they are very nice and very complementive.The employees are some-what easy to deal with.The Work place is very clean and quiet.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on food and drinks.
Cons
There is no benefits and not enough pay.
Decent place to work
Baker/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairview, TNAugust 16, 2018
The training plan through this franchise leaves a bit to be desired but overall not a bad place to work. Constantly short staffed. Doesn't seem to have much support for the management
n/a
Manager (Former Employee) –  Arizona State University, AZAugust 16, 2018
They were not consistant and you could not grow within the comapny eveyone was for self instead of teaching one another. There was no team effort at all
Terrible experience
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJAugust 16, 2018
Manager started me before my paperwork was completed and then would not pay me. It was the worst experience I have ever had as an employee. I would not ever work there again.
Fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 16, 2018
Dunkin’ Donuts is a fast paced environment. Good if you’re looking for a flexible hours. There is space for growth if you dedicate to work. Friendly environment.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 16, 2018
Overall experience was terrible. I will never work for the company ever again. They are very unprofessional, and show a lot of favoritism towards their employees.
Pros
tips
Cons
no breaks
Not my favorite working environment
Cashier/Drink (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLAugust 16, 2018
I worked here for two years and apart from the constant stress of making the drinks to the exact order of each customer quickly, the management (we had 2 managers and only one was any bit decent while the other was terrible and made me hate working there.) was not the best I have dealt with. I would never recommend working here and would rather forget that I did work there. It was probably my least favorite job I have ever held.
Bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 16, 2018
I learned a lot from Dunkin donuts on how to manage a store AND that is all. These places turn over rates are ridiculous and can never leave a good thing where it is.
Good cofee
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 16, 2018
Has good coffee A lot of conflict between the co workers. A lot of arguing on the floor. Only a few people are very nice very quiet and accurate. Great customer service and great attitudes. Wish all the fmgirls were like the few they have in there.
Pros
Cofee and food is great
Cons
Girls constantly talking about each other fighting on the floor and swearing
Aim for something greater
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2018
There are no opportunities for advancement after shift lead unless you want to fast track to a general manager position. The hours are unreasonable, and the stress unnecessary.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
No breaks
Productive and fast pace.
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCAugust 16, 2018
Dunkin Donuts is very fast pace, especially in the mornings when the rush is happening. Most people are friendly and are usually repeat customers. That makes work easier.
Pros
Breaks/ dicount food
Cons
Short breaks
I’ve worked at several Dunkin’ Donuts
Dunkin Donuts Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAAugust 16, 2018
It depends entirely on the owner of the store, the management and how the workers are treated. I enjoyed most of my experiences there and enjoyed the ability of being able to go to upper management
Pros
Free coffee, tips
Cons
No benefits, no full time
For the sturdy.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  West Wareham, MAAugust 15, 2018
The job is difficult, but can be adjusted to with the proper training and support. My typical day at the job was working with 5 other people who split tips among us, not resulting in much at all, but the management was the most difficult to deal with. They were competent in a manager's duties but often offensive and rude in communicating with coworkers. I felt disrespected and often left work frustrated or upset, feeling unappreciated and disliked.

The workplace culture is standardized by drink and customization. However there is a standard to follow that is enforced more and more as more windows are released for different products. There is a right and a wrong way to each procedure in a customer's beverage or drink, and that only varies if the customer asks for divergence. Even then, it is dependent on what is presented on a drink. For example, a macchiato cannot be shaken even if the customer asks, because it would go against the presentation of the drink and could be considered false advertizing.

The hardest part of the job is enduring rude customers and the hours. You are constantly on your feet and moving, shifting from one station to the next when needed, and breaks are only 15 minutes, which is usually divided between when you are called back on the floor to help. Some days I wouldn't get a break and would close the store that night as well. I found it difficult to handle the stress of feeling unappreciated by management while working with customers who were also unappreciative. I felt that this treatment was absolutely not compensated by pay. I also felt I was
  more... acting in for many different positions that I was not meant to.

The more enjoyable part of the job is friendly customers who smile and are understanding of mistakes. I also greatly appreciated the solidarity between coworkers, and the friends I'd made while working there.
Pros
free drink and donut, tips
Cons
short breaks, not paid enough, long hours, many different responsibilities
Better management
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Irvington, NJAugust 15, 2018
I believe the store I’m currently at will be better if the manager was fair to all the employees and not just 2-3 of them and not be rude to his customers
Pros
N/a
Cons
No Breaks
Loved working here.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, PAAugust 15, 2018
Everybody was super friendly. I loved getting the discounts because I worked there. Some days were better than others but it was a job at the time and I was super close to giving birth to my second child.
Pros
Free lunch and free drinks.
Cons
Short breaks.
Working at Dunkin Donuts
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDAugust 15, 2018
Working at Dunkin Donuts was a great opportunity for me to learn the aspects of coffee but also enhance and strengthen my abilities in my customer service. Being able to help somebody start their day and be optimistic towards their days is a priceless moment that nobody could ever take back
Pros
Excellent coffee
Great place to work for
Dunkin Donuts Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 15, 2018
I am one of the shift leaders here and we make sure that our crew does what they need to do as well as take care of customers. customers are our number one priority.
Pros
its a great place to work for the owners are amazing
Cons
n/a
Horrible just horrible
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 15, 2018
Ruby the district manager for Cary NC is a terrible, terrible person! She shows no respect & a lack of appreciation for the employees. She yells and treats people so poorly! I will be filing another complaint formally! She does not want others to succeed. It’s like she’s scared someone will be too good at their job! Horrible, horrible, horrible!! Dunkin is such a disappointment!! The owner is just as bad..
Cons
Wouldn't recommend to everyone it was a stressful environment.
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Minneola, FLAugust 15, 2018
The Dunkin Donuts of Minneola was a very stressful environment. The working hours aren't well and the salary isn't good either. Work about 10 hours a week. Managers were rude.
Pros
worked with a few of my friends
Cons
bad management, and stressful environment.
Great place to grow and learn
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 15, 2018
This was a great place to get started and learn management. The workplace there is very friendly and welcoming. It’s a fast paced environment but manageable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunkin' Donuts. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight