Dunkin' Donuts Employee Reviews

Found 12,057 reviews matching the search See all 12,486 reviews
I’ve worked at several Dunkin’ Donuts
Dunkin Donuts Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAAugust 16, 2018
It depends entirely on the owner of the store, the management and how the workers are treated. I enjoyed most of my experiences there and enjoyed the ability of being able to go to upper management
Pros
Free coffee, tips
Cons
No benefits, no full time
For the sturdy.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  West Wareham, MAAugust 15, 2018
The job is difficult, but can be adjusted to with the proper training and support. My typical day at the job was working with 5 other people who split tips among us, not resulting in much at all, but the management was the most difficult to deal with. They were competent in a manager's duties but often offensive and rude in communicating with coworkers. I felt disrespected and often left work frustrated or upset, feeling unappreciated and disliked.

The workplace culture is standardized by drink and customization. However there is a standard to follow that is enforced more and more as more windows are released for different products. There is a right and a wrong way to each procedure in a customer's beverage or drink, and that only varies if the customer asks for divergence. Even then, it is dependent on what is presented on a drink. For example, a macchiato cannot be shaken even if the customer asks, because it would go against the presentation of the drink and could be considered false advertizing.

The hardest part of the job is enduring rude customers and the hours. You are constantly on your feet and moving, shifting from one station to the next when needed, and breaks are only 15 minutes, which is usually divided between when you are called back on the floor to help. Some days I wouldn't get a break and would close the store that night as well. I found it difficult to handle the stress of feeling unappreciated by management while working with customers who were also unappreciative. I felt that this treatment was absolutely not compensated by pay. I also felt I was
  more... acting in for many different positions that I was not meant to.

The more enjoyable part of the job is friendly customers who smile and are understanding of mistakes. I also greatly appreciated the solidarity between coworkers, and the friends I'd made while working there.
Pros
free drink and donut, tips
Cons
short breaks, not paid enough, long hours, many different responsibilities
Better management
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Irvington, NJAugust 15, 2018
I believe the store I’m currently at will be better if the manager was fair to all the employees and not just 2-3 of them and not be rude to his customers
Pros
N/a
Cons
No Breaks
Loved working here.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, PAAugust 15, 2018
Everybody was super friendly. I loved getting the discounts because I worked there. Some days were better than others but it was a job at the time and I was super close to giving birth to my second child.
Pros
Free lunch and free drinks.
Cons
Short breaks.
Working at Dunkin Donuts
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDAugust 15, 2018
Working at Dunkin Donuts was a great opportunity for me to learn the aspects of coffee but also enhance and strengthen my abilities in my customer service. Being able to help somebody start their day and be optimistic towards their days is a priceless moment that nobody could ever take back
Pros
Excellent coffee
Great place to work for
Dunkin Donuts Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 15, 2018
I am one of the shift leaders here and we make sure that our crew does what they need to do as well as take care of customers. customers are our number one priority.
Pros
its a great place to work for the owners are amazing
Cons
n/a
Horrible just horrible
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 15, 2018
Ruby the district manager for Cary NC is a terrible, terrible person! She shows no respect & a lack of appreciation for the employees. She yells and treats people so poorly! I will be filing another complaint formally! She does not want others to succeed. It’s like she’s scared someone will be too good at their job! Horrible, horrible, horrible!! Dunkin is such a disappointment!! The owner is just as bad..
Cons
Wouldn't recommend to everyone it was a stressful environment.
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Minneola, FLAugust 15, 2018
The Dunkin Donuts of Minneola was a very stressful environment. The working hours aren't well and the salary isn't good either. Work about 10 hours a week. Managers were rude.
Pros
worked with a few of my friends
Cons
bad management, and stressful environment.
Great place to grow and learn
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 15, 2018
This was a great place to get started and learn management. The workplace there is very friendly and welcoming. It’s a fast paced environment but manageable.
Fine
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAAugust 15, 2018
It was a cool job I liked it I had fun working got to make what ever I wanted to eat I was involved with my co workers helping each other an getting the job done
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Nothing really
Easy and fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bardonia, NYAugust 15, 2018
I loved my job at Dunkin’ Donuts the crew and manager were very nice and I loved providing my customers with the best customer service. Training always available
good
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Canfield, OHAugust 15, 2018
It was nice you meet new people, you can learn new things. It is a great starting job if you are looking for one. Some of the mangers are nice but some of them are very rude and don't care about you.
productive
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 15, 2018
A typical day at work was fun and fast. I worked mornings so I would work the morning rush. I worked 6am-12pm making coffees for the drive-thru. from 12pm-2pm I worked in drive-thru cashing the customer out. Sometimes I did the dishes or I made the food. Everyone was very friendly and helped everyone out. We were really a team.
D&D review
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 15, 2018
register work, also learned how to restock all the items on the list given and to work on my own without a partner during my shift. i also learned how to clean the dining area as well as the bathrooms.
Pros
Get free donuts after hours
Cons
Fast pace
productive and a great work place
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 15, 2018
a typical day at work would be to come in for second shift and go straight to work, its busy when you first get there then it gets slow until 2-3 and after 3:30 its a good working pace.
what i learned from working was what good working environment should be and since it was my first job, i learned patience.
the management is fair with all the co workers.
the hardest part of the job would have to be when it gets busy, keeping up a good pace so the customers dont have to wait so long for their order.
the most enjoyable part of my job is when the customers are satisfied with my good work ethics and their orders.
Working at Dunkins was quicke-paced but very productive
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 14, 2018
Dunkins was my first job , while working there sometimes it became very overwhelming for me do to how quick -paced it was but I did get the hang of it eventually while working in the back making coffee’s. It is a very productive place and there’s always something to do even when we didn’t have much customers come in . The manager was awesome and he was also very helpful and so were the other employees.
Pros
Long breaks, Great hours, Polite employers
Cons
Quick -Paced, Overwhelming
It was ok
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEAugust 14, 2018
Very boring but could be stressful only if u close it even is hard sometimes cuz you have to do everything on your own while the crew members don’t do anything to help
Okay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 14, 2018
Dunkin Donuts is a great company for kids to work for if they are just starting out into the working world. There is a great deal of advancement but the shifts could be broken up differently
Fastpaced, easy tasked job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAAugust 14, 2018
The environment in Dunkin Donuts depends on what time of the day it is. Usually it's much more fast paced during the morning but is more relaxed during the afternoon because not too many people stop by. When you're hired, you'll have to train for about three weeks and all that is watching long tutorials and applying them once they put you into the lobby. You will get paid for training. Overall, it's a very easy job. I only left because of poor management, they were very unorganized.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible management, inconsistent, lack communication with workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buchanan, NYAugust 14, 2018
Dunkin‘ Donuts was an awful job, they never listened when i told them the hours i could work, they overworked us, no raise, and they expected me and others to put our job at dunkin before our school work which is not possible for a high school student trying to graduate.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunkin' Donuts. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight