Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts Employee Reviews

United States21,698 reviews

Found 21,698 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,468 reviews
donutcoffeedrinkfreecustomerfoodstorefast

Free drinks and sandwiches. Nice customers to say hello to everyday. Lousy management that do what they want and make the low paid staff do everything.

Loved it

Loved working with them was with them since I was 16 would love to go back but they don’t pay u enough and get better workers and English speaking ppl

Dunkin' Donuts insights

Based on 13,163 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

The worst place to work

This job is okay for something short term but never as a long term career. Not a good workplace. Everyone is right on top of each other so there is no social distancing. Also, the job ad claims that there are benefits but there are 0 benefits. Hours are inconsistent and the management treats you horrible. Good luck leaving if you have any appointments because that won't happen. And you only get one 15 minute break per 8 hours worked, if you are lucky. Absolutely the worst possible job. I would rate it negative stars if possible.

Ok

Good job if you're a student trying to get some extra money. Pretty decent tips, not very challenging. Does take some time to learn some things such as how to put orders in on the computer, but a simple job overall

Pros

Tips

Cons

Constant standing

Management Needs Improvement

The management needs improvement. The work is not bad, but it takes some time to learn and get fast at making food or drinks and they don't train you enough.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Rather not say

Not much to say really. It was a good job to have at the time. COVID hit and it wasn't that fun but we made it work with what we had. Tips were the best part.

Stressful work environment

I have never seen such poor management anywhere else. Manager acts like a high schooler and will start unnecessary drama between coworkers. Constantly threatened to lose your job, or cut your pay. Never take any responsibility, and it's always your fault instead for anything that goes wrong. Don't make friends here, because they WILL try to split you up for it. Employees and manager sexualize all of the women there. Stressful and uncomfortable place to work. Would not recommend at all.

Pros

Free food flexible schedule

Cons

No benefits poor leadership harassment no job security

Hectic.

Everything depends on the drive-thru time. That makes everything a thousand times more stressful. Don’t work there of you have anxiety or social issues.

Pros

Free coffee.

Cons

Short break, no healthcare, upper and lower management is horrible.

Unrewarding

This place has high demands and high achievers but does nothing to recognize them. After three years of working there I got a .25 cent raise. The owner and manager were very particular about rises, to them .25 cent was a lot, to me it was a joke.

great work place

Enjoy working with my co workers, good pay, good hours. i enjoy going to work i feel supported by management. my co workers were kind an helpful. I felt valued as an employee.

They hire fired Mangers from other jobs

Most mangers I worked with. Where on parole from jail! Talk about crazy envirment, free food and drinks. But horrible pay, no structure, getto getto.

Very fast paced

It's not a bad place to work if you like fast food and fast paced atmosphere. Always busy depending on the location of the store. There was Never enough employees to do the job efficiently, but overall it wasn't a bad place to work.

Decent Money

I personally worked with a great guy but overall the job is stressful and you're underpaid for the work you have to do. My manager was also annoying. I didn't really enjoy working here

Pros

Free food on shift

Cons

boring and stressful

Bad place to work

They suck butt we are over worked and under paid and deserve more then we are getting. We have mad angry people yelling at us all the time that includes the management and customer. We get yelled at for having simple conversations with eachother. It is a horrible environment to work in

Fun coworkers, but rude customers and stressful shifts

Overall, an easy job to do.. but it is still stressful. Our store has a gas station attached, which adds to our job load as we have to help those customers as well as Dunkin customers, make their drinks, make their sandwiches, package up delivery orders, take orders for the drive-thru, AND make drinks for the drive-thru. If we’re short staffed (like always..) you’ll find yourself doing all of these tasks at once. Pay is not fair as some shift leaders get paid more than others, for no reason, and our boss refuses to pay us equally. Store is insanely dirty too! We’re open 24 hours, and our bosses main goal is customer satisfaction; so with only a few people on the shift (understaffed), they are all focusing on customers and not cleaning, which has lead to health code violations. Customers are sometimes rude, impatient, and angry. Not worth the pay and tips to deal with all of this.

Place was amazing to work at

The manager was always trying her best to flex hours so I could get comfortable. The workers were amazing to be around they took they’re time teaching me

Pros

Flexible hours and great work environment

Cons

Customers can sometimes be a bit low

Good

Good first job for young kids. You can gain customer service experience from the job , very hard to get promoted , pay is fair for the work we are supposed to do

It's ok

How it goes completely depends on your manager, coworkers, and what store you even end up working at. I personally worked with great people but an awful manager, so it was tolerable, but you could get lucky. Scope out prospective stores and the people there before making the decision the work there. Otherwise, it's normal fast-paced fast food work, simple and labor heavy.

Pros

Relaxed environment, free food

Cons

Incompetent management

Fast paced environment

unfair paybad coworkersway too much work for paytoo much pressure no breaks manager takes part in crews tipslow teamwork big bosses treat employees like numbers

Pros

free drinks

Cons

no breaks bad team no benefits low pay

fun first job

Dunkin’ is a very fun job it really depends who you work with. Some people working can be rude but you just have to surround yourself around good people. You get paid pretty good you can ask for raises often. There is some drama but that comes with every job so just watch who you talk about around people and just do your job and it’s easy. Night shift is very easy you do chores and and take care of customers and your good. Customers are pretty rude though.You get good tips everyday.

Great opportunity for resilient individuals

Days go quickly in the busy atmosphere. Training is well organized and constant with seasonal changes. Customers from the east coast love this fast-casual establishment, which resonates strongly with the company's foundation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunkin' Donuts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Dunkin' Donuts with

• Dunkin' Donuts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?