Dunkin' Donuts Employee Reviews

Found 13,194 reviews matching the search See all 13,642 reviews
Disgusting business operations!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  3817 Western Blvd. Raleigh, NC, 27606November 17, 2018
I've been with this company a little over a year. I worked the only way I know how and was instantly pinned as a positive factor to the operation. The issues that make this company a bad place to work is poor management which leads to a huge turnover ratio! I instantly learned the ins and outs of the operation, got nothing but great reviews and compliments from customers as well as coworkers in my store and others but, soon after, I was made to be a threat to management who I did nothing but show loyalty and dedication to... This is probably the most corrupt company I ever worked for and has potential to be one of the worst in the country! I was taken through all kinds of obstacles to get a raise which I proved time after time that I deserved it.....Definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!!
No pay increase, no benefits, working with teenagers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 19, 2018
I have worked at a Wallingford Dunkin for over four years, starting when I was sixteen . The only way I received a raise was my asking for it several times over two months , when I had been there FOUR YEARS. This is a kids job with absolutely no benefits and no room for advancement. No vacation, no rasises unless you beg for it, no insurance, and really no competitive benefits. Management was very relaxed and hardly interacted with the employees. It was tolerable but if you need a job that will pay more than minimum wage don’t waste your time here.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No pay raise, no vacation, no benefits, 15min brakes for 8 hours work, lazy management, working with teenagers, dealing with customers
Decent job for temporary needs
CASHIER/TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Milldale, CTSeptember 26, 2018
Management changes regularly and not very interested in staff needs. Scheduling was done the night before so you always had last minute notice about when you are going to work that week. Often "forgot" about requested time off. Being a good employee was welcomed with a thank you and more responsibilities but very rarely a raise or promotion. Very in favor to hire/promote females over males. Only raises I received was when minimum wage increase to keep me 40 cents above the people I was training. Which was a bit insulting when I had so many responsibilities that were not in my job description.
Pros
Easy job, decent hours
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent management, no raise opportunities
Good High School Job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJAugust 28, 2018
This is a good job if you're still attending or just out of high school. The location I work is one of the busiest stores in the company so it's very fast-paced and requires mental alertness and attention to detail (especially if there's a line and several different drinks that all need to be made to order on top of food). It can be stressful if coworkers don't get along, during peak business hours, and when management brushes certain issues under the rug. Advancing from crew member to shift leader does not come with a pay raise at this location, but that could be different at other stores. I wouldn't recommend making a career out of DD employment however it is a good job for those looking to break into the workforce. You meet tons of people--some nasty, some sweet, some in between--and free drinks are pretty cool if you ask me.
Pros
Paid time off after 1 year, free drinks
Cons
Difficult or not worth it to advance
Disorganized
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MANovember 20, 2018
The store manager doesnt know how to work well under pressure, the assistant store manager is a very ignorant arrogant leader who doesnt care for her employees, and some of the shift leaders are very unfair. Tips arent allowed, wages barely ever increase, there are no benefits besides sick and vacation time and management opportunities are at an all time low. Besides the cons with management, the work environment as actually pretty functional. Most of the other workers there are considerate and dependable and the customers are wonderful. All around I believe this workplace can use better trained managers and alot of new benefits for employees.
Pros
Free lunch, free beverages, vacation/ sick time
Cons
management, wages, benefits, etc
okay place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 7, 2018
Dunkin is a good place to work if you are a college student because they go around your schedule and that's helpful. They start you off at minimum wage then after about 3 months you get to $8 but that's where you stop. You never get a raise and the benefits you are promised, you NEVER receive. Also they ask you to do to much like they are paying you well. You never get direct deposit and its just in the way. So if you're not in school DO NOT work at dunkin. The manager there is cool but anybody above him sucks and they dont do their job well.

Now thank you for coming to my ted talk!
Pros
free food, a lot of hours, cool employees, paid weekly
Cons
pay, no benefits, no direct deposit
a good starter job
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 24, 2018
I spent overall two years in a dunkin donuts. This company is a great starter job, however i felt as though even though i spent most of my time there as a full time employee and had more than enough training on all aspects of the store I still was not getting any sort of pay raise or moving up into management. Often times i was scheduled on days i asked to have off months in advance and was told to finish my scheduled time there or deal with any sort of pain i was in or how sick i was.
Management was poor and didnt really value the time or work their employees were putting in. This includes working double or over time and working days or more. However i only worked at two stores out of the many stores they have across the area, or state. I cant blame every dunkin based on my experience.
Dunkin
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 20, 2018
alot of favoritism goes on within the job, I hate to say it but if your not of the Indian culture you don't get raises, extra hours , paid time off, management does respect you as much and slick racial slurs are thrown and they try to play it off. when i worked there and I would have customers coming and I was extremely nice to them and management would ask "OH that's your cousin" and t would happen with every single person that was thee same race it became overbearing.
Cons
no breaks given
Don't work at the DD&BR in Seffner, FL!!!
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLAugust 26, 2018
They under pay everyone who works/worked there. We went through five managers within the year and a half I was there. They'd promote sales associates to shift managers without paying the raise.
The morning shift would NEVER clean or stock anything on their shift and then complain that the night shift didn't do one or two things they should've done. The night shift was severely understaffed while the morning shift had too many employees. Everyone I worked with HATED this job.
When I started we had discounts and a free meal every day we worked and they slowly took it all away making it worse and worse to work there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everything!
Dunkin Donuts is a fast paced company that hired from within but loyalty and time with company is not recognized at this franchise.
Manager, Assistant,shift manager, any position (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2018
I worked for this franchise for almost 14 Year’s. I will say I was given a lot of advancements in the company. The head of this franchise make other people’s lives horrible but will advance you and pay you well. There are no benefits from the franchise but 1/2 day paid per month. If you are looking for a job that really appreciates everything you do above and beyond what is expected of you for 14 Year’s and one day after never being wrote up your whole career that it’s time. They don’t need you anymore. Because you are dispensable as the paper napkins and can be thrown out just as fast. Loyalty doesn’t mean a thing.
Pros
Always paid on time. Advancements came from within.
Cons
No pay raises, no benefits except through the pay roll company which you cannot afford. Favoritism, work off the clock, high overturn of employees, managers not trained properly, did not know if you were going to be let go from someone telling lies to management, no confidence between boss and workers the whole crew knew.
Don't Bother..look elsewhere!!
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJSeptember 25, 2018
a lot of false hope and promises from Manager of raise increase and a decent health insurance plan. Main office of this 40+store franchise in NJ does not return any phone calls. Manager created very hostile work environment, yelling, cursing, throwing things around..even in front of customers!! Manager & male co-workers would gawk at women customers and comment out loud of body features and having sex with women,etc.
Pros
aycd coffee..the ONLY PRO!!
Cons
Barely a break if lucky, nasty Manager-a hostile, pervert!, no health insurance, no raises, false hope & promises!
Franchisee Nightmares
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I loved working for DD, it's super simple and fun. What I didn't like was the really mean managers that each franchise had, I don't like the fact that there are barely any corporate stores around because it leads to inconsistency and practically no real benefits unless the franchise is huge. The owners are close to impossible to contact and if you have a bad manager you certainly won't get the attention and gratitude you deserve.
If I could find a good one I would've stayed but after 6 different franchisee locations I gave up on thinking DD was the perfect place for me.
Pros
Super simple recipes, baking and prepping donuts were fun, hashbrowns, partnership with Baskin Robbins
Cons
no good benefits, pay is horrible, bad store managers, lazy employees, inconsistency in operations
Hectic and at times unforgiving
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYOctober 3, 2018
The store I worked at ran on a skeleton crew with barely enough workers to get by; in spite of this, upper management was constantly critical of our performance, blaming us for not completing tasks which we lacked the resources and manpower to finish. Management at the store level was slightly better, but ultimately sided with upper management and never with employees.
Pros
Free coffee and food during shift, salary supplemented slightly by tips
Cons
Poor communication between upper management and store, hectic work environment without enough workers
Frustrating workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 26, 2018
Dunking Donuts is very good with being flexible with your schedule if your in school or whatever else you might have going on in life. You get payed on the same day every week which is nice. The food you eat on your lunch break is free.You receive tips at this job. The bad things about Dunkin is your are expected to basically know everything about at least one station within your first week of training without a manager actually training you. The starting pay is 7.25 no matter your work experience. The raises are never given on time, at least a six month wait, without the proper back pay. Kids come in all the time and steal the tips you make. Drawer shortages are fixed with employee tip money. If you work morning shift no matter how many hours, you only get a 15 minute lunch break. If you work afternoons or close you do not receive a break at all. Strong personalities are always hired which has cause a lot of hostility in the work place not only for the worker but the customers as well.
Pros
free lunch, tips, flexible schedule, payed weekly
Cons
short breaks, poor management, low wages, improper training
It was fun just because it worked out with being available any time !
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria,ArizonaAugust 28, 2018
The company itself well atleast my location was very cut throat and on top of employees, which there wasn’t any great benefits at all . There was no real reasons to stay at dunkin or any benefits that would make me want to stay and provide my great services . This location did have an infestation of roaches and had a bad management crew with as far as teaching new crew members the ropes .
Pros
Sometimes a free donut no free real food .
Cons
No benefits with healthcare, raises soon or any leniency with having to call off .
Dunkin Donuts was very phenomenal.
Crew member/Cashier/ Donut Maker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89118September 6, 2018
A typical day at work was brewing the coffees and teas for the morning shift, prepping and baking bagels, donuts, muffins, stocking counters (cups, sugars, creamers, etc.), making coffees, sandwiches, and serving donuts to customers, and cashing customers out. I learned how to multi-task and how to handle working a very fast-paced environment. The manager was very friendly and accessible to talk to. The coworkers were also very friendly and made the workplace more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was handling the morning rush. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the regular customers and get to know my fellow coworkers and manager well and on a personal level.
Pros
Free food while on break, 30 minute break, and good work hours.
Cons
No healthcare benefits or paid vacation time.
Terrible place to work
Shift Coordinator / Barista (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHSeptember 7, 2018
I would only recommend this job to a high school kid looking to make a few extra dollars during the week. Negative working environment, poor training, low hourly wages, poor management. The people who do actually show up for work, get overworked. There's "caps" on how much money you can actually make based on the job title you hold - regardless of how much experience, training and knowledge you have. There are no benefits offered. There is no recognition for the people who actually care about, and do their job. Just an overall bad experience.
Pros
All the coffee you want.
Cons
There's a lot.
Decent job, not so decent management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 9, 2018
While I worked at Dunkin’ Donuts, I liked most of my co workers, my GM was great, but upper management was a totally different story. They did not want to give any raises but when they finally did some employees did not get the amount of money that they were promised. Also most of the time truck orders would be short due to it being “corrected” by upper management. That being said, it’s a decent job, but having a good day at work can sometimes depend on if the stock was shorted or not.
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedules, decent enviroment.
Cons
No raises, short staffed, low pay
soooo
Baker / Cashier (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 19, 2018
I got hired as a baker. i didn’t like it but it was okay. now since we got our donuts delivered, i’m a cashier. Making drinks and giving costumers their donuts is a fun thing but sometimes costumers can be mean... our management is not that great but i like the people that i work with. dunkin is a great place for teenagers though because is not hard to learn at all. I would recomend if you’re into costumer service and you enjoy making drinks. But keep in mind that we have great days and terrible days.
Pros
Free drinks / $5 employee meal
Cons
no benefits, no breaks
Sometimes you're Lucky Sometimes you're working in Dunkin Donuts
Barrista (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2018
A typical day at work would be walking into a shift that isn't even closed correctly even when the manager worked that day. I learned to manage my time as a closer and a lot more about food and health. Had to manage my own shift but not get any of the management benefits of being a supervisor of sorts even if I worked alone. The most difficult part of my job was definitely coming in to work. On the other hand the most enjoyable part was some of the funny stories and interactions you have with others and going home.
Pros
its a job. its not too horrible
Cons
the pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunkin' Donuts. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss