Dunne Manning Employee Reviews

Pay is too low, too stressful
A guy (Former Employee) –  A placeSeptember 20, 2018
Working here sucks.
When someone leaves, you're stuck working the extra hours.
Management is horrible. Doesn't listen to employees.
Needed AC/Heating at one location, told the manager multiple times, then told the higher ups. They had no idea. Horrible communication between them.
No electronics allowed, during slow days you'll go crazy. You sit in a box with nothing to do.
Starting pay is barely above minimum wage. Don't bother if you need money. Better off somewhere else. Assistant Manager is just a patsy for the call outs, and they are promised a pay raise once they get out of training.
They never get out of training. Months after months, and you'll still be the assistant in training.
Many co-workers constantly late without ever even being talked to, even with constant complaints. All the manager does is whine to the restaurants inside about the complaints.
Working 40+ hours for years, still considered part time, so no benefits, no paid time off.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, Horrible Management, Bad work environment, and much more...
I love my job
Sandusky, OH (Current Employee) –  Huron, OHAugust 31, 2018
My job is fun outgoing meet new people you get to meet all kinds of people always busy staying or toes always got something to do good jobs good. When you get 2 weeks paid vacation we got to work 45 hours a week constantly on call we get paid holidays sick days fat bonuses every two weeks for a paycheck
Great pay and great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clinton, TNAugust 5, 2018
For the small amount of physical labour this job pays good. The hours fluctuate but if you work hard and strive to advance then you will do exactly that. Just like any job it takes dedication and commitment. Site managers have alot to deal with but with a good team it can flow much better.
Raises are your first sixty days then annual after that.
I've heard alot of people regret leaving this place.
This is a great job for someone looking to move up in the company, part time in between school, a second job or even a primary source of income.
There is good and bad at any job but out if all the places I've worked I do have to say there is more good in this company then bad!!
Pros
Advancement, pay, benefits and great hours ect..
Cons
Biweekly pay
It's a job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVAugust 1, 2018
They work ya you have to stay busy stocking waiting on customer it's very fast paced alot of standing up and having to lift up to 50 pounds in a shift
I enjoy the tasks of this job . I get food ready for next day do cleaning and stocking and do other jobs in the Uni mart store. Fox’s Pizza is inside
Associate (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJuly 11, 2018
No one seems to care about doing the work in the store. I was the cleaner, stocked milk, made sure at Fox’s Pizza that everything is really cleaned and organized for the next day. Took temperatures did the cold case change out. I especially made sure the customers were happy with the food they received and that they saw the place very clean. My goal is that customers were happy with their purchase. Fox’s received 3 100 percents on yearly assessment. That made me proud.
Pros
Meeting great customers who I felt appreciated me.
Cons
No breaks. Covered other things in the store that was not always done.
Enjoy the work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 3, 2018
I think this is a fun place to work. Like any other it has it's challenges. You can move up in the company if you work hard and show dedication. Upper management could use a fresh set of eyes but besides that. It's fun.
Great Customers! Poor Management!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, FLApril 29, 2018
My customers are the ONLY thing keeping me afloat. Management is unprofessional, difficult to deal with and has a very nasty attitude. On top of this pay is only 8.35 a hour:/
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
No lunch breaks, no restrooms, Poor Management
Stressful and unappreciated with unreliable co workers most the time
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pattersonville, NYApril 9, 2018
Better off somewhere else if you need a job.Very boring.You can get alot of rude customers.The management answers barely when you really need them.Sometimes you are stuck working 8+ hours due to co workers being late or not showing up and saying at the last minute.
Pros
Can eat in your work space
Cons
Management isn't helpful at all and sometimes stuck working more then your expected hours
I loved my job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 24, 2018
Like any job it has its ups and downs but overall it is a fun place to work. There are many opportunities if you work hard and want to advance. I learned many skills about how to fix simple things on the pumps and how to do store orders by paying attention to what sells. The manager will work hard for you and tell you what you are doing good at and what you need to work on. I wish i didn't have to leave because i enjoyed not only the fun environment but alsothe customers that made some stressful days better.
Pros
Good management, weekly pay, flexible work hours
Cons
Corporate sucks
Fun workplace and great customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 24, 2018
The pay is more than minimum wage. It's a fun place to work. Sometimes you work a little more than 8 hr shifts but then you can get 3 days off and still get 40 hours. Management accommodates requests for days off. No job is perfect but anyone who has worked there and has bad things to say probably got fired.
Pros
Pays more than minimum wage, great customers
Cons
No vacation or sick time for full time employees
Just dont do it.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Not worth it. This job offers no room for growth, and you have absolutely no say over the hours you work. Not allowed to call in, employees are constantly in the store sick. Requests for vacation are laughed off.

Just not worth it. Shifts are long, employees are rude, customers are awful. The place is a joke.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor management, stressful and unsafe working conditions, no room for growth, long hours, no breaks.
No advancement
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Beat Creek, paFebruary 11, 2018
The stores were sold while I was manager in training worked myself crazy and management above me was poor. You never know what is coming next two stores every one lost their jobs in one day no advance notice. The company sold the stores and never told the employees it was coming so they didn't quit before the sale.
Pros
Customers were great
Cons
Poor management
Ok work place at times
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bristol FloridaJanuary 23, 2018
I really enjoyed my customers and most of my coworkers but hated the pay you do a lot of work for little pay and can't get over time are you want be paid
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Low pay
Complicated environment
General Manager/Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 24, 2017
Independent, ambitious character is needed to develop one's role within this company. Ability to thrive with chaotic change, as well as willingness to do as needed for the company.
Typical day is Administrative Responsibilties, Customer Service, Auditing, Organization skills.
Hardest part of the job is recruiting and need for extreme amount of hours to accomplish tasks and cover shifts.
This place is a waste of time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNSeptember 13, 2017
Like the first comment it was well spoken! This place is a total tease. They have their picks the ones that actually work hard make less pay. The cashiers make more by the hour than the assistant manager. Advancement is always offered to boost your ego or to get you to work harder but the raise is not ever approved. You will receive an evaluation raise but if it falls anywhere near the annual raise you are not eligible to receive both even tho it's a month apart. The scheduling was awful at the Morristown 957 store. They take advantage of the hard workers. Your relief is always late or don't show up some days you will have 16-19 hour shifts.
Pros
The customers were great
Cons
The pay is embarrassing
The company pays you minimum wage and teases advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orefield, PAAugust 31, 2017
The company pays you minimum wage and teases advancement. You do get an annual raise but it's not much above minimum wage. You are told you will be given the opportunity to advance, being given added responsibilities but no progress toward advancement.
Nice place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canisteo, NYOctober 22, 2016
Open-minded , independent. Controlled inventory.proper procedures. Clean work environment. Wonderful, loyal customers. Enjoy making the customers experience a pleasant one.
Pros
Structured work environment. Good benefits
Cons
Distance of corporate office, tms and DM of company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunne Manning. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9