Dupage County Employee Reviews

Case Manager, Community Care Program (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJuly 27, 2019
Good for entry level positions. Difficult to promote due to seniority. Offers a lot of training. Does not give annual increases so please renegotiate salary offer
na
Adult Redeploy Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJuly 16, 2019
the county is too political if you dont know anyone in a position within the higher ups you are unnlikely to move up. all promotions are based on who management likes best instead of performance reviews. the schedule is ok, benefits are good.
lots of buildings seems overwhelming but you get used ti it.
Maintenance / Plumber (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 23, 2019
When you first start out its overwhelming as to the size of the work area. Multiple buildings various sizes, uses, different security issues. Jail, Youth home,ect..you learn the whole time your working do to the amount situations your faced with.Management is all about safety and osha regulations to instill those equally in everybody.They have a lot of key pad codes, lock box keys, key cards, restricted areas,harzadus areas,due to machinery or chemicals used in the daily operations.But at the end of day you go home safe and you learned something new.
Pros
somthing new every day
Cons
political, divided
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJanuary 20, 2019
DuPage County is a great place to work and they offer good benefits. I really enjoy my job and the work I did contributes to the history of DuPage County.
No place to advance and low pay
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Convolescent CenterJanuary 12, 2019
The benefits are great but the pay is low. Management, in all departments, could care less about the employees. The Hr department use to work for the employees, but now seem to only work for the County Board.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay and management doesnt care
Work hard to win elections
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 11, 2018
Focus on the task the Chairman asks, solicit volunteers, manage communications so everyone knows what is being done and work is not duplicated. I sharpened my skills with Constant Contact, NGP-VAN, and Hustle.

The workplace culture was supportive and team oriented. There were no hard parts to the job simply hard work.

The best part of the job is we won 3 close elections - 2 Illinois Senate seats and County Forest Preserve President by chasing vote by mail ballots for a net gain of 6 County Board seats (7 total), County Clerk, and Forest Preserve President.
Pros
We WON more seats than expected!
Fast-paced environment with low-pay
SENIOR CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILNovember 27, 2018
As a case manager, you are out in the field for large portions of your day. While the client's are endearing, the management is far from that. It is easy to say that there is much room for improvement in regards to communication within this department of DuPage County.
Pros
benefits, holiday pay, insurance.
Cons
low pay, poor management, lack of communication.
Great co-workers
Division Assistant 1 - COMMUNITY -Senior SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Overall I have met some wonderful people while working at DuPage County however; the opportunities were very limited. No advancement for certain individuals.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Poor pay
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 8, 2018
under paid for 150 operators for holding a cdl need a major pay increase for this type of work not much to advance it would be a good place to work if pay was better
Pros
Start hours
Cons
Terrible pay
Great benefits and great hours
Senior Staff Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 13, 2018
Hard to maintain positive attitude in stressful situation. Poor supervision. Low morale. Yet great benefits great coworkers and great health insurance.
Pros
holidays off, benefits are great
Cons
supervisors
Initiative in the courtroom flow with assisting the Judge. Upbeat job. I enjoy helping.
Clerk of the Circuit Court (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 21, 2018
I feel working for the DuPage Courthouse allows for much growth as a professional in a government occupation. The position I hold allows me to assist in many areas. First, the courtroom in the law diviision: working with lawyers checking in and helping the flow of the room with the Judge. When I am not in court I also enjoy helping out in customer service for individuals filing cases without an attorney. I guide them on the internet filing system in person and on the phone. I find this work very gratifying as the individuals are so grateful for my assistance.
Pros
Great benefits. Working without much micro management, allows me to excel
Cons
The salary. Would like to take on more responsibility
Every day was something different
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 30, 2018
Always something new to learn. People were nice. A great place to cut your teeth and then move on.
Life events of employees were always celebrated.
Management has been there for a long time which makes advancement dificult
Self employed and working part time jobs while going to college.
Part time power washing and plowing. (Former Employee) –  All over Will, Cook, and DuPage counties.January 12, 2018
Self employed and working part time jobs while going to college. worked a few different part time jobs while going to school and doing side jobs. Not a company anymore.
Pros
worked my own hours
Cons
not much money or work.
eh
DIVISION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILDecember 16, 2017
constant flow of people, at times very stressful
turnover rate was awful especially within the HR department. Very political

made some good friends there
Pros
learned new things
Cons
political. need i say more
Fast Pace
Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 30, 2017
Maintenance Technician work for the County is fast pace. One has to posses the basic skills of the trades in order to be able to succeed. There is constantly ways to learn job improvement as well as room to grow professionally.
Senior Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 16, 2017
Nothing to write about - government job not able to write about public job - can be cause for disciplinary action therefore there is nothing else to write
Cons
producitive team working place.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 3, 2017
we prepared food for patients and delivered the food to them as they needed. there where about three workers worked the night shift. everyone worked as a team.
Pros
very organized, easy work
Cons
short breaks terrible managers
Great expereince
Transportation Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working there, great people. It was hard work but had good hours and made me realized how important it is to get a degree. A great learning experience.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Outside
Apply and Enjoy a Good Career
Electrician Technician (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 7, 2015
Great service opportunities to help the public.
Newer technology and knowledge available due to Grants.
Management and co-workers work well together.
Service can't begin , without receiving a work order first.
Large campus with many different facilities.
Pros
parking garages
Cons
more signage for the public's convenience
Good job experience with poor management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILNovember 6, 2014
An enjoyable job experience, but the management was poor, disconnected and non-communicative.