DuPage Medical Group Employee Reviews

what I learned
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 11, 2018
One of the things I learned was there system they use for patient charts. I also learned many departments, such as Internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, orthopedics, and podiatry
Great working environment and company to work for
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILOctober 4, 2018
I loved working for DuPage Medical Group. My management was amazing and all my fellow coworkers were awesome. The company gave its employees lots of benefits along with discounts to numerous things to do around the greater Chicago area.
Poor
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 22, 2018
There is no communication between management and employees
raises are poor not even a cost of living increase. I would recommend as a learning tool and get out when you find a better job.
Pros
co workers
Cons
poor salary, no communication.
Productive high paced work environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 3, 2018
As a medical receptionist, I have had the opportunity to work directly with patients & helping meet their needs. My typical day is to greet patients, either check them in or out of their appointment, collect their copay and any outstanding balance they would like to pay, accept & make phone calls, address faxes, work with physicians by confirming the schedule and working directly with nurses, medical assistants & other receptionist. The hardest part of the job is the high pace because of being able to balance a calm disposition when meeting patients & answering phone calls, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help meet the needs of patients.
Very unprofessional & management needs to be fired ASAP
Central Scheduler For Ortho (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 4, 2018
I worked out of the lisle location for Central scheduling, the management walked around all the time, you could never get a clear answer about things you had maybe 2 Weeks of training & then you was on your own, you got wrote up & sent emails daily on your mistakes, I had to go threw training 2 times after me having to complain about there originally training methods, they false advertising going home after 6months, the pay was not worth the head ache I had every day leaving that place, I personally had a few deaths in my family & instead of giving me the time to grieve my loved ones they wrote me up for it.. I honestly would never recommend working there unless you want to take all the calls for the whole team, I witnessed 6 people quit the position cause the way they operated.. it was a nightmare.. run & don’t ever look back 🏃🏾‍♀️💯
Pros
The ladies I met working there
Cons
The management is horrible
na
Surgery Scheduler/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 3, 2018
this is a flexible place to wok the pay is ok but the management needs to be changed. it very unorganized and understaffed the only pro is they are flexible with your schedule
The Worst environment I have every had the misfortune of working in
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 3, 2018
It is so sad to see how terribly, good, hard working employees are treated in this organization. This is the most negative, poisonous environment I have every worked in. I literally became ill at the thought of needing to go into work everyday. Management is vile, worthless and treats dedicated, hard working employees terribly. Employees are targeted, threatened and accused of poor job performance on a daily basis by management- when they are all doing amazing jobs and working hard to take exceptional care of DMG's patient's. Management never supports staff- employees are thrown under the bus daily- are given conflicting information from management- then accused of wrong doing. No positive direction or appropriate training is ever given, then are accused of poor job performance. Everyone is over worked, understaffed and there is no appreciation of any kind given to the dedicated and hard working medical staff. Turn-over in this organization is outrageous and it is crystal clear exactly why this is- it is a reflection of the disastrous management. Do yourself a favor- run far away from DMG- if you have any desire to have a pleasant, healthy, happy career.
Pros
most MD are very pleasant
Cons
too many to list here
requires at least a certifcate
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJune 26, 2018
take vitals, and document. find out if patients have allergies and the reason for the visit, assist the doctor with any task they may need. call patients with test results, etc...
Customer service lisle location
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 26, 2018
Worst job! Only perk is working from home which took longer than promised to happen. Training for customer service / billing is about 2 months, inadequate training was provided. The team lead and supervisor is not helpful once your on your own especially working from home!!! There’s no morale. Management doesn’t have personal skills. I put my 2 weeks notice in via email and didn’t receive an email back from the supervisor or manager until after I went to HR. They finally responded back the day before my end date with the company. There are no one on ones with supervisors as promised to track your progress with the company. Only time they interact with you is when you’ve made an error. The pay for the amount of work is bogus!!! You take 70-120 calls a day and excepted to follow up with patients in a timely matter. Once your in customer service there’s no advancement unless you’re a favorite. You’re definitely stuck until you quit.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Every thing
Looking for Soldiers
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 26, 2018
This was the worst company I have ever worked for. Refuse to answer further, just encase this survey is like DuPage Medical Groups open door policy!!!
I love MY OFFICE, not the parent company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 25, 2018
DuPage Medical Group is a horrible company to work for. They're motto is "We care for you" this is unequivocally untrue. In fact it's almost laughable that they have the nerve to even suggest they care for someone other than themselves.

My individual office I love, but every day I have to choose between them and my family because of DMG's ridiculous policies. As much as I hate the idea of leaving them, they're leaving me no choice.
Pros
Co-workers, and my doctors are great
Cons
pay, pto banks extremely slowly, insurance is a joke
A good place to grow professionally and personally
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJune 23, 2018
It is a fast paced environment which will test your limits and capabilities. It is a good environment which will help you grow personally and professionally since there are a lot of career options which you can take.
As a Teaching facility it was a good experience
MRI TECH STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJune 18, 2018
The training was good. The employees were great to learn from. I felt the accessibility to the clinics was great. I traveled a long way and it was worth the drive.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 4, 2018
Typical day at A Dupage Medical Group facility is Productive and educated. Being able to work with the many different doctor's will allow you to learn something new each day.
Employees great but management poor
Call Center Rep-Special Project (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 23, 2018
It was temporary with a chance to be permanent. No chances were ever given. They trained me for something poorly then never used me to do it. They choose people they liked.
"Hungry, Hungry Hippos"
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 20, 2018
We all know this game, and that is how I would rate the company. Overall, DMG has a lot to improve on. They need to stop the buying and fix there current offices problems before buying or acquiring knew practices with more problems. "Everyone is replaceable" to DMG and you never feel that your job is secure. Yes, they have decent compensation and some management will be willing to work with you depending on their convenience. Basically, since DMG has stepped foot into my facility there have been constant struggles that has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Pros
Multiple locations to allow for change
Cons
High turn over, poor cumminication to staff, a lot of problems with all aquisitions
Great opportunities, large company, keeping staffing lean despite growth
PULMONARY AND SLEEP STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 13, 2018
Mostly understaffed. Growing and changing environment. Management not supportive. A few co-workers are hard working and fun. Hired to work mainly in one office, have only just started working there after 5 years and now asked to work again at another location.
fun
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILMay 6, 2018
as a intern i had a fun time there but you didi see a lot of staff that changed to different locations on a daily basis and that really made me unsure about working there even though the people were great.
need to work as a team very fast environment
Front Desk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 2, 2018
Very fast environment and needs to be a team player too fast registration and a lots a paper work.
Supervisors only gets on touch with employees to request all kind of things all day, they never give an encouragement or ask if need help, is very
Pros
very close to home
Cons
discrimination
Good Place to work for first time medical receptionist
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 24, 2018
Typical day of work includes-Scheduling appointments,registration,problem resolution,emailing/faxing
I learned alot at this job, it was my first medical reception position so i got a in depth look at what the job entails, I learned the program Epic which is really helpful for future employers,i also leaned alot about team work and how to deal with work complaints and also patient complaints. management is sometimes lacking in the sense of a problem with leadership, taking charge with clear direction. workplace culture was stressful and disorganized at times which caused alot of unnecessary upset and drama within the work place. the hardest part of the job is definatley dealing with the demands of the patients and what they expect from you. Also dealing with last minute changes per the doctor. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all new people and creating a relationship with the families.
Pros
Fair Hours, Lunches on Occasions, Understanding Management
Cons
Leadership issues, Inside drama among the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPage Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight