DuPage Medical Group Employee Reviews

Horrible job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 4, 2019
DMG does not care about their employees let alone their patients! They are definitely business driven,not patient driven. Management could care less about your family life. They want you to live to work as opposed to work to live. They will let some employees get away with murder, and fire others over little petty things. It’s the worst place I have ever worked for and you will be sorry if you get a job there.
Pros
Cons
Management, varied shifts
Inconsistent
Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 4, 2018
Things change constantly and are ruled out before much thought. New doctor's are added before phone numbers are properly adjusted and prior to staff being updated on DMG policies and regulations. Often enough, offices and scheduling staff are not on the same page when advising patients of scheduling, obtaining test results and processing sick appointments/concerns. Too many grey areas and scheduling staff is a revolving door and management lacks in providing proper training. No hope for longevity after this role and heads have no means of helping one be promoted regardless of how much they help the department and patients.
Pros
Holiday parties, offer overtime and 2.5 pay on holidays.
Cons
sick time stays on until the following year to the day, then is dropped off. Too many inconsistencies. No hope to move up.
Terrible
CMA (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 15, 2018
I've worked for DMG for years and I have to say that if it wasn't for me being comfortable where I am as far as being nervous to start over with a new company, I would have left a long time ago. Terrible. They do not care for their employees at all
Pros
Good doctors
Cons
Terrible management, no overtime (if you get any you get in trouble), over scheduled clinics, favoritism
You need the patients of a saint to work here. Think Lucy and Ethel making candy....
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Central nurse triageNovember 4, 2018
As far as the 401 K goes, I will be there 2 years before I fit in with when they let people join. Then they add money once or twice a year I hear leaving you with less benefit
.I don’t like how the company is run. It is most definitely a business first. Stuck on phones 8 hours a day and have to maintain a certain rate. You need to do multiple tasks at once on the computer and have a set time with each patient on the phone.Some patients require more time and hurt your numbers which is terrible to say but true.The pace is awful because the phone is constant and not always pleasant because patients know we are not in the office. They resent this.At the end of the day I’m pretty much ready to toss the phone. By the end of the week? Forget it. I take days off only to stay sane.
Pros
Work from home and nice nurses on teams.
Cons
Everything else
Productive high paced work environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 3, 2018
As a medical receptionist, I have had the opportunity to work directly with patients & helping meet their needs. My typical day is to greet patients, either check them in or out of their appointment, collect their copay and any outstanding balance they would like to pay, accept & make phone calls, address faxes, work with physicians by confirming the schedule and working directly with nurses, medical assistants & other receptionist. The hardest part of the job is the high pace because of being able to balance a calm disposition when meeting patients & answering phone calls, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help meet the needs of patients.
Lack of Direction
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 23, 2018
IT mgmt. is stretcheD and outsourced New CTO has not a clue and is very impressed with himself not a team player Other managers afraid of being innovative without his blessing Outsider brought in by Hedge fund owners in NY
Pros
near expressway access
Cons
no vision no leadership
Great company for a summer internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 18, 2019
I worked with one supervisor who guided me through planning a large event at the end of the summer. Through this process, I learned how to work in a budget, establish relationships with potential donors, and organizational skills.
Great working environment and company to work for
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILOctober 4, 2018
I loved working for DuPage Medical Group. My management was amazing and all my fellow coworkers were awesome. The company gave its employees lots of benefits along with discounts to numerous things to do around the greater Chicago area.
Fun work environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 15, 2018
I have been with the company for 3 years, it has been a great time. But there are not enough people being hired in different areas such as Dr office(staff) and lab. Too many people are being over worked and it has gotten the best of most.
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Not enough employees
I love MY OFFICE, not the parent company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 25, 2018
DuPage Medical Group is a horrible company to work for. They're motto is "We care for you" this is unequivocally untrue. In fact it's almost laughable that they have the nerve to even suggest they care for someone other than themselves.

My individual office I love, but every day I have to choose between them and my family because of DMG's ridiculous policies. As much as I hate the idea of leaving them, they're leaving me no choice.
Pros
Co-workers, and my doctors are great
Cons
pay, pto banks extremely slowly, insurance is a joke
over worked
Project Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 14, 2019
doesn't care about all of its employees. management has no training.
treat their patients bad. customer service hold time is to long, supervisor don't work.
Pros
30 minute lunch, one 15 minute break
Cons
overworked
Very unprofessional & management needs to be fired ASAP
Central Scheduler For Ortho (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 4, 2018
I worked out of the lisle location for Central scheduling, the management walked around all the time, you could never get a clear answer about things you had maybe 2 Weeks of training & then you was on your own, you got wrote up & sent emails daily on your mistakes, I had to go threw training 2 times after me having to complain about there originally training methods, they false advertising going home after 6months, the pay was not worth the head ache I had every day leaving that place, I personally had a few deaths in my family & instead of giving me the time to grieve my loved ones they wrote me up for it.. I honestly would never recommend working there unless you want to take all the calls for the whole team, I witnessed 6 people quit the position cause the way they operated.. it was a nightmare.. run & don’t ever look back 🏃🏾‍♀️💯
Pros
The ladies I met working there
Cons
The management is horrible
It’s all about the $$$$$$$$$ for the ones in the ivory tower
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 29, 2018
Literally. The. Worst. No appreciation or compensation for working your tail off, no matter how long you’ve been there. Don’t waste your time. Or your sanity.
Pros
Going home every day
Cons
Being backstabbed and disrespected
Poor
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 22, 2018
There is no communication between management and employees
raises are poor not even a cost of living increase. I would recommend as a learning tool and get out when you find a better job.
Pros
co workers
Cons
poor salary, no communication.
Fun Workplace
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILNovember 11, 2018
Working at Dupage was very fulfilling for me. The staff was one of the best things about my job and would love to find a culture as that one. Would highly recommend this as a workplace to be!
what I learned
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 11, 2018
One of the things I learned was there system they use for patient charts. I also learned many departments, such as Internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, orthopedics, and podiatry
Stressful place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 6, 2018
No room for advancement unless you go back to school, low salary, raises every year are very small. Good job to start and get experience but not a place to stay long term.
Unfair compensation.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILNovember 8, 2018
Cost of living and rate of pay not comparable to other health care facilities. No acknowledgement of time on job with pay increases. Wages are low, and benefits too expensive.
"Hungry, Hungry Hippos"
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 20, 2018
We all know this game, and that is how I would rate the company. Overall, DMG has a lot to improve on. They need to stop the buying and fix there current offices problems before buying or acquiring knew practices with more problems. "Everyone is replaceable" to DMG and you never feel that your job is secure. Yes, they have decent compensation and some management will be willing to work with you depending on their convenience. Basically, since DMG has stepped foot into my facility there have been constant struggles that has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Pros
Multiple locations to allow for change
Cons
High turn over, poor cumminication to staff, a lot of problems with all aquisitions
Good
Radiology Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILOctober 24, 2018
I am a current employee and working here is amazing! YOU ARE PART OF A TEAM! but I assume it also depends in which department you work in. It's a great place to work at!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPage Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight