DuPage Medical Group Employee Reviews

doctors beware
physician doctor (Former Employee) –  multipleApril 18, 2018
Bait and switch recruiting tactics abound, many physicians are miserably unhappy and held hostage by restrictive covenants and high malpractice tails... the corporate buy-outs have taken their toll and patient care is a sad afterthought. Referrals are heavily restricted and the quality of specialists is terribly diminished due to their inability to recruit and retain the top physicians in the area. Patients with PPO and medicare advantage plans should not be restricted by the unfortunate decisions of the physician and corporate shareholders of DMG... Accountable Care Organizations may save money for the insurance companies but why give those savings to the doctors?! Give it to the patients!!
Pros
some of the buildings are pretty
Cons
on the south side, the buildings are atrocious. classic chicago healthcare disparities
Meh
CMA (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILApril 7, 2018
I have been here three years, I always put my patients first. I don't care if I have to do extra in order to assist my patient, but I get lectured on doing so. Managers are always busy with meeting and meeting, so basically you have to be a self starter and use your common sense to figure out the problem. I love my office and working with everyone they make it worth coming in, but everything else the favoritism, lack of communication and lack of fair pay is ridiculous. Are all departments like maybe, maybe not. It all depends on what you chose is fair and what you care for.
Pros
My team, from front desk to lab, nurses and physicians. We made it a family oriented office (that includes our pt)
Cons
Lack of communication, unfair pay, favortism, managers are always busy (which is nice too)
not a conducive job
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 25, 2018
this place is not for long term, any providers office they purchase they destroy they force you to relocate the supervisors are terrible at communication the financial compensations is ridiculous, its a office filled with poor management the supervisors dont care short staffed and patients suffer the care, its a corporate enviroment that doesnt care about patient mike kasper and the executive directors down to the umr department supervisor just dont care its a number thing
Pros
you have a job
Cons
long distance drive, terrible management, mike kasper money hungry, they dont care for patients its all money, they have zero communication skills terrible supervisors umr department terrible
Understaffed and low pay
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 19, 2018
High turn over due to understaffing and low pay. No bonuses and no pay raises. Knowledgeable and experienced employees have the toughest work load. Work is not divided equally causing few employees to do most the work. Management does not hire qualified people, only looking at getting office staffed at the lowest possible rate.
Great environment to build relationships
Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 19, 2018
The days pass quickly when the people you work with are also your friends and an effort is made for a common goal. When everyone's in it to help the patient, things go very smoothly and goals are easily achieved.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Some micromanagement
Large expansive healthcare group with variable experiences depending on your placement
APN (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMarch 18, 2018
On the whole it was a positive place with excellent support staff and collaborative physicians. The people on the frontline were dedicated, hardworking, and looked out for each other. Schedules were well managed but hit a glitch when central scheduling was instituted. The credentialing department was excellent. Through the years the facilities have improved and the organization has implemented cutting edge healthcare delivery systems.
Pros
Benefits are good, fellow staff were excellent.
Cons
De-personalization of workers from management perspective.
Growing company with excellent leadership team
Radiology (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 18, 2018
DMG is an excellent company to start your career with, I’ve had exposure to all areas in my field and I was able to advance my career through hard work. After 5 years with the company I look forward to see what is next. DMG had up to date tools to be successful and a leadership team that cates
Pros
New facilities/equipment, room for career growth, coffee and utensils for all employees, free parking everywhere
Cons
Multiple locations
Typical day
SURGRY SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMarch 16, 2018
There is no days that are alike when you work with the public. scheduling surgery for doctors, talking to patient and insurance company for approval. fast pace/
fun and friendly coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 15, 2018
I got a lot of experience working here. The doctor was real nice and would teach you if you are open to learning. Management was great.
The most enjoyable part is getting to build a relationship with the patients.
Pros
Hours are great
Cons
compensation
Productive and fun workplace
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 13, 2018
DuPage Medical Group is a large, but welcoming company. Working as a physical therapy technician was a rewarding job and provided plenty of learning opportunities, especially for those going on to receive their DPT.
My Coworkers were excellent at helping me feel comfortable and part of the team!
Internal Medicine Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMarch 6, 2018
If every company has a group of people like DuPage Medical Group the world would be a lot easier to handle. They teach you how to do your job and don't discourage questions. Management actually checks in on you, with you, and cares.
Enjoyed the friends I made
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Joliet IllinoisFebruary 28, 2018
Management favored certain employees. Staff would get away with certain things while other people work their butts off. Some staff would be rude to patients and management would not do anything to correct it. You are allowed a 30 minute lunch break. While certain staff would take a 30 minute lunch break and two 15-minute breaks to go outside and smoke. Again management would do nothing.
Pros
Rep lunches
Cons
Favoritism
Extremely poor pay; terrible management
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILFebruary 21, 2018
Extremely poor pay for a college grad with a bachelors and decent benefits at a high cost. Management was TERRIBLE. Job sucks the life out of you and managers treat you like slaves
Productive and fun learning environment
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILFebruary 12, 2018
There isn't much room to grow with DuPage unless you go back to school of course. However, I was able to learn a lot via the Physical Therapists at Dupage Medical. I enjoyed the company of my co-workers as well as the patients who came in.
Busy work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Good for independent workers. Decent amount of local travel. Exposure to many providers and environments. Must be organized. Limited interaction with patients. Heavy email responsibility.
Pros
Good 401k package
Cons
Half hour lunch
great enviroment, fun place to work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 5, 2018
I was a great place to work, liked all my co-workers, the reason I left was because I thought I was getting a better job. It was a little stressful at times, but learned a lot.
A good job to have
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 31, 2018
Overall I loved the job. Occasionally, the Techs were not treated very well by some of the therapists. All the managers I came in contact with were awesome and flexible and fun to work with.
Horrible management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJanuary 31, 2018
Very poorly designed management model. Know one knows who is really in charge. Everyone is expected to be a leader and a follower at the same. Management acts "powerful" when things are naturally running smooth, but act "helpless" and eager to point blame elsewhere when there's an issue.
Cons
Poor management
Great people to work with
Coder (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 29, 2018
Great people to work with but your work is micromanaged and compensation is not close to national average unless you fight for it. A plus is that all of the coding positions are remote.
A lot of favoritism , hard to advance
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Poor communication among sites, managers are not helpful. Too much favoritism. Poor benefits, poor pay. No room for advancement. Difficult to have time off for vacation. No one has job security.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor benefits, low pay, favoritism, no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPage Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight