DuPont Employee Reviews

Found 1,183 reviews matching the search See all 1,623 reviews
nice place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Iowa County, IAFebruary 16, 2019
I like the place but my contract was done, every bod was so friendly from the top to all staff.

working hours, time management, working place everything was good except the short term contract
Pros
NICE work environment
Cons
team work
Great internship experience with helpful employees
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Holland, PAFebruary 15, 2019
This was a physically demanding internship but allowed me to become immersed in private sector crop research. The management was positive and professional.
Harsh Divide between Blue and White
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PAFebruary 13, 2019
This site was tainted by such an intense Us vs. Them mentality. A central cabal ran the plant, even to the detriment of any plant manager that came in. Advancement was non-existent. You were expected to be stagnant and thankful that you even had a job. All the promises for career development only to get washed away in the next downsizing.
Do not appreciate workers
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYFebruary 12, 2019
If you enjoy a stressful work environment and poor management within a company this place is for you. They have changed the pay rates and if you decide to work here you can be making less than the person you are working with by $5 or more an hour. Lots of overtime and people are being forced to work on there days off. So that being said if you want to work all the time with no time for family go for it.
benefits
Cons
forced to work a lot, even holidays.
great place to work
Maintenance Mechanic Specialist/Vibration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
Awesome place to work, lots of room for advancement. Fellow coworkers are great and very helpful. Company is very safety oriented. I would definitely recommend working here to anyone.
Great Company to work for
NORTH AMERICA QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Most enjoyable part of job is meeting so many skilled employees and the great knowledge base at DuPont. Freedom to grow towards jobs of most interest within all of DuPont.
DuPont is a good company to work for....
QC LAB TECH II (Former Employee) –  New Century, KSFebruary 11, 2019
DuPont enforces their core values and safety everyday! I enjoyed my job, management and being part of their team. I appreciate the opportunity and the development of my position. There were four shifts and everyone worked hard to accomplish are daily goals. The hardest part of the job was working 12.5 hours for your shift.
Engineering
Engineer (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 9, 2019
Excellent company, however Dow merger has been dragging on for a while therefore moral seems to be suffering a little bit as of late. Overall very satisfied working here.
Dupont
Manager (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 9, 2019
I got to work with great people and would have continued to work there if it wasn't for the opportunity I got from the Air Force. The work schedule, at least to me, was ideal and they treated me well.
Flexible company
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Relax company to work for, some friendly coworker makes the working day goes by smoothly. Upper management should be better at acknowledged lower level researcher hard works and produced result for the company.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
Promotion are slow and too many politics.
Work life groups and outings to promote team building
Relations Manager, Human Resources /Labor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 7, 2019
Even though I worked with DuPont for a number of years I always thought they didn't use more of their employees ideas. DuPont has been around for over 200 years but they never looked at what was needed to stay in the game. They let their competitors take a lot of their share of the profits clearing because they didn't know or refused to plan for the future.
Pros
Working with big groups of people
Cons
Did not get the compensation I feel I should have for all the knowledge I acquired.
My experience at DuPont was very good
Senior Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 6, 2019
I held several positions within Dupont and as a result it is difficult to describe a typical day. Days were always active and a chance to learn and improve your knowledge as well as add your creative ideas to the project. Always felt productive and creative when I worked there. Was always given the opportunity to contribute and make a difference.
Pros
good environment or culture to work in.
Cons
some management could use some improvement.
Great place to work!
Global Integration Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 4, 2019
Great place to work. Many opportunities for advancement. Good collaboration among functions with appropriate focus on driving what is best for the business.
Horrible experience
Process Historian Engineer/ Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2019
The job that was posted was grossly mis-represented. Job responsibilities were far in excess of the job description and far in excess of the qualifications they desired for the position. Several pe OP ple had abandoned this job prior due to the same issues.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 29, 2019
Good place to work, very good benefits. Health insurance, retirement plan, time off, etc. Work/life balance was good. Steady pace at work, varied between season though.
Built a solid career
Operations & Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIJanuary 27, 2019
I obtained solid broad Chemical Manufacturing and Business experience.

* Had various roles throughout my career a;;owing me to build a broad industry, process and experience base.
* I learned o work with people across functional and organizational boundaries and stovepipes to achieve business goals.
* Solid centers of excellence.
* Strong Safety culture
Daily Work
February 2019 Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INJanuary 26, 2019
DuPont Pioneer is a very mature company that has a lot to offer. In the seed production area that I was in there is a lot of variety to the jobs one would do on a daily basis and through out the change of seasons.
I enjoyed working here
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dysart, IAJanuary 24, 2019
It was a great opportunity. I would recommend to just about anyone great safety culture. The people were nice the supervisors knew what they were doing. And it was a fun place to work.
Poorly managed at site level with little to no room for advancement.
Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 22, 2019
I am sure this sounds like sour grapes, but it is the truth. The site I worked at tried to save itself to riches. It would not spend on even the essentials needed to run the plant. Continually down due to lack of materials or lack of general plant maintenance. They allowed people to sit in break room for whole eight hour shift if line was scheduled down because "there could be no injuries" if no one did any work. They had the same for shift managers for over 15 years so with no movement up front there was no chance for advancement.
Productive & very physical job
Migrant Worker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 22, 2019
Overall, I loved working here, it requires alot of physical activity. The supervisors were nice enough that they provide with gloves, safety goggles, etc..
Pros
Physical
Cons
Short Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPont. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DuPont.

Powered by Comparably