DuPont Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good compensation
Production Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 8, 2018
Great compensation for the work you do.
Work conditions aren't bad.
Free coffee.
Management might not be the best not the worst I've seen.
Your safety is their priority.
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 1, 2018
Great Work Environment Offfice was designed as workplace of the future, Ergonomically desks that could go up and down, shades that would automatically adjust, and lighting that would automatically adjust.
DuPont Pioneer
Pioneer, Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 31, 2018
Technically, I was contracted to work for DuPont from a third party. I enjoyed the environment at the experimental lab in Wilmington. The people I worked with were great. I appreciated their culture of safety.
Fast-paced environment, constant changes in management and practices.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 31, 2018
Many hours of non-paid overtime. A typical day was 12 hours. Worked with many different outside organizations, including the U.S. Government, large customers, and worked with very knowledgeable customer service reps who were dedicated. Hardest part of the job was managing the huge amount of work with the least amount of overtime. Prioritization and planning were crucial in order to succeed. Most enjoyable part was developing relationships with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Too much unpaid overtime, I worked approximately 55 to 60 hours per week for the last 15 years at DuPont.
A great place for the right person
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 30, 2018
It is a 200+ year old company that has taken care of many people for decades. It just wasn't the fit and culture that I am looking for at this stage in my life. that being said. They do take care of their people.
Productive and fun workplace
Scaffold & Insulation Helper I (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 30, 2018
The job has really great compensation and it is a joy working with the coworkers. You become family and eventually talk to each other everyday and they are very helpful/
Too long ago to remember
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 28, 2018
I worked for DuPont right out of college 36 years ago. I moved 3 times in 5 years. I was in sales and traveled a lot. It was a good learning experience, but offered very little career growth opportunities. I was also unhappy living away from Atlanta in Chicago.
Pros
1st sales job
Cons
No Career opportunities
DuPont is a great company!!
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Belle, WVJuly 26, 2018
When I worked for DuPont, it was a great place! Safety was number one! Everyone looked out for each other, including management. We had top notch professional managers. A lot of responsibilities but everyone worked together. Advancement was very quick. There were equal opportunities for everyone. We were a very safety oriented company.
Pros
Salary, overtime, 401k, good family atmosphere
Cons
I didn’t have any complaints.
One of my favorite places to work.
Ballistics (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 26, 2018
I loved that I had the ability to move around and the challenge behind the job was fun and motivating. Had I not relocated I would more than likely still be working for this company.
Good people and great company
SAP Finance Data Migration Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 26, 2018
I learned a lot from this company and I truly love the culture. The company is driven for success. They hire the best people in the industry. Overall, it's a great company.
Pros
Stable
Cons
I can't think of any cons
Very Positive, great working environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 26, 2018
Typical work day is to complete company work assignments effectively and efficiently. Manage your time well and be a team player. Don't let the job be overwhelming and enjoy and expand on your job description.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short breaks
This place is great if you're just looking for a job that pays great.
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2018
A typical workday in my position is very demanding. We have strict goals and deadlines. I have learned many good and valuable things working at Dupont. The management that I've had to work directly with are awesome. The hardest part of my job is making sure the customer is satisfied. The most enjoyable is knowing i work with a great group of people.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
no longer a family oriented work place.
great work environment
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 19, 2018
great work environment, good benefits, promote from within, opportunities to travel, opportunities to relocate, opportunities for tuition reimbursement.
Nice relaxed job.
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Maxville, FLJuly 17, 2018
Everyone is really nice and gets along well. I was a operator so I got to be in the a.c. most of the time. Very good management. Very good benefits and pay.
Wanting Cultural Change.....Not Really
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 16, 2018
Tough environment when told they want to change and like fresh eyes. However, embedded culture such as this can be tough to overcome and navigate which can lead to above average frustration on the job.
Like being in High School
Finishing Support Operator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 16, 2018
Can't trust any of the co-workers or the union at the Yerke's site.
Management doesn't listen to the workers concerns. Run the plant very short staffed majority of the time. Push for numbers not quality.
I prefer not to.
Project Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 12, 2018
I will not be providing any information or opinions about any employment roles I have held. I did not come to Indeed to provide data for your to later sell.
Not recommended
QA Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSJuly 12, 2018
Communication was lacking when it came to changes in SOP's. Certain people were favored over others. Very little opportunity to grow or be promoted in the company.
DuPont (now known as Chemours)
Plant Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 12, 2018
Productive and sometimes fun place to work. It was a mixed bag. Never did the same thing from day to day. Management often would change their minds about the rates we should run the units.
Pros
Built-in time off in the work schedule
Cons
High pressure, high stress work environment at times.
My coworkers made it fun to go to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed every role I had in my 25 years at DuPont. I learned a lot of processes and had a high level of responsibility. The people I worked with made going to work easy and fun. I would have liked to have retired from DuPont but the merger with Dow caused a lot of downsizing and sadly, my entire group was let go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPont. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DuPont.

Powered by Comparably