DuPont Employee Reviews

Typical factory work place with good benefits
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  New Johnsonville, TNOctober 10, 2018
Good teamwork and good benefits. Fast paced environment. Quick thinking is needed. Pay is good.Safety is top priority. some upgrading is necessary. Overall good place.
advancement opportunities
Associate Investigator-Analytical Dev & Quality (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 9, 2018
Advancement opportunities were minimal and threat of being CTP'd seems to loom over the employees
Pay was relatively low and benefits were okay but health insurance posed high deductibles
worked there in the 1980s
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2018
Had a division in queens ny that they closed and asked me to transfer to Wilmington DE which I did not want to do..From there I took a position with long island stove where I was an outside sales rep covering a portion of nyc .Iworked there roughly 6 years and then decided to open my own business which I ran for 22+ years I started out calling on builders 'contractors;real estate people; of which I did shy of 1 million dollars in sales back then...As of today I am living in ponte vedra beach Jacksonville
Pros
good company
Cons
They closed the ny division
DuPont was a great experience.
Instrumentation and Controls Designer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 3, 2018
Working at DuPont had always been a dream for me. When I worked as a contractor for them it was a fantastic chance to see engineering done correctly and safely. I admired the DuPont contact people I had to work with and when hired, I was extremely happy and proud to be part of the organization. Working for DuPont was challenging and reqwarding.
Pros
Greatplacde to work and fantastic people.
Cons
Loosing job to restructuring.
Excellent place to work
International Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 2, 2018
Great workplace. Ergonomics and safety are first. Respect for others is promoted.
Really nice place to work.
Awesome training and lots of job aids that help you do your job easily.
Working at DuPont
Global Communications Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 30, 2018
interesting culture. science and engineering backgrounds preferred. otherwise, not considered as valued as those with above-mentioned backgrounds. great benefits.
Great Work Place
Molder/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHSeptember 28, 2018
Clean, safe and friendly environment. Do your work and do not look the the side. People are friendly and full service employees are very helpful. Plenty of overtime and great benefits, specially the 401K.
Pros
Pay, Overtime, Pto, 401K, Health Insurance
Cons
Working with chemicals.
Great plac to work
chemical operator (Former Employee) –  Axis, ALSeptember 28, 2018
great place to work and safety is first, you completed your dailey task, the people were helpful that was on your shift,I really enjoyed the learning process.
Don't Do it
Global Market Segment Manager (Former Employee) –  Home office basedSeptember 25, 2018
Do not work at this company. Terrible management that constantly changes direction just as soon as you start to make progress. Hopefully the merger with Dow Chemicals helped management figure out a proper strategy.
Interesting place to work
Patient Access Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 25, 2018
It was an amazing job working at the hospital. We were constantly busy, we seen all kinds of emergencies come in through that door. We had very good nurses and very good Dr. I would recommend this hospital to anyone to work at
Pros
Excellent learning experience
Cons
Stressful
Valuable Experience
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PASeptember 24, 2018
Started off over loaded and more work piled on. Multiple meetings per day. Expect to be unappreciated and lack of breaks. Any success was rewarded with additional work as they downsized. Too high stress for not enough money.
Pros
Highly prized experience
Cons
Demanding work expected 16 hour days
Great effort in keeping everyone safe
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 21, 2018
I've had many Friends and Family members that worked and still work there. The company still tries to keep everyone safe. There is the need to stay competitive. It would be great if companies would value their experiences worker longer and continue to keep them employable. The investment in ALL employee should be appreciated.
Pros
Safe place to work
Cons
Not showing appreciation for the senior Employees - letting them go early
Easy and hard at the same time, but rewarding nonetheless.
General Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2018
At first, it's a lot to take in. But over time you grow to learn and enjoy it. The rotating shifts are hard to get used to but it's not for everyone. All in all, it's a really good job to have if you can stay focused on your task and do your job well.
Cons
Rotating Shift, Working with chemicals
no solid structure
Occupational Health Nurse - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Deepwater, NJSeptember 20, 2018
working there was ok. pay was good. felt like I was losing my skills. bored most of the time. too much red tape to do anything there. management ignored needs.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible culture
Helpful and Supportive. Safety is priority.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHSeptember 20, 2018
DuPont takes safety very seriously, and is committed to safety in all aspects on the plant site. Found staff to be friendly and helpful. Though as an intern there were definitely some slow days. Overall a good experience for an internship.
Good pay and benefits
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 18, 2018
DuPont is a great place to work for Millennials. They are respected and valued. Great pay and benefits. Nice working environment. Potential room for advancement.
Pros
Pay, Vacation
Cons
Respect
Good team, but poorly managed and hours were rough.
Process Technician II (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WISeptember 14, 2018
I enjoyed the work I did and my team was very easy to get a long with. But the management at the time was not the best, and they did not work to cultivate employees. Swing shifts made it rough for family life.
Cons
Swing Shifts
Its a good place to employee at.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19713September 12, 2018
Over all it was a good place to work, and grow as a production worker, I worked my way up to supervisor. For job security it one of the best company to work at.
Was a great place to learn business
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  VariousSeptember 12, 2018
DuPont was a huge company, and its leadership we extremely hierarchical, not at all collaborative. I didn't realize this until after I left and joined Nike. It's almost as if DuPont's managers were robots.
Pros
Training
Cons
Cutthroat culture
Strong safety culture, continouous improvement, technical focused.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dupont, DESeptember 11, 2018
DuPont was a great place to work. The company is driven by discipline principles in technology with a focus on being environmentally responsible. In a world of changing dynamics, it was very difficult to find a work-life balance in this company as one progresses in upper levels of management.
Pros
Opportunties
Cons
Work-life balance is poor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPont. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.2Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.