Dupre Logistics Employee Reviews

Old school that needs upgrades asap
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 12, 2018
Very old school mentally and unwilling to accept the thought of change. If your aren't willing to do things in perfectly in the same way even you can do it more effectively and quicker with the same result don't even think you will accepted. Sadly, my experience was short because I wasn't willing to play by old rules that are in desperately in need of an upgrade.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unwilling to accept upgrades
Good atmosphere
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at work usually goes whale the trailer is loaded paperwork is there everything goes smooth. I learn more about loading and unloading tankers and how the flow of liquid can push you forward. I think the management should do more communicating with the employees disgusting all changes that have been made. The hardest part of my job Was to get things fixed and changed out on my tractor.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Pay scale
enjoyed my job so well at dupre everday was a good day with my fellow employees ..
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJuly 24, 2018
as a lead driver had the best job at dupre when i started training i already had the experience of loading and unloading crude oil from the past employers i worked with. when i was offered the lead driver position that took me to the next level of being more knowledgeable of the job position i learn to treat others with respect and how to share input of the way to do are job more safer and profitable .we all share the maps to new locations to load up crude and where to deliver it safe. i don't think that there was not a part that was hard to do this job at all simply just follow instructions and obey ranch rules and locations where the job is to be done. at the end of the day the best part is to make it back home safely to your family...
Pros
had pilot, loves points cards for free food and drinks etc
Cons
take 30 minutes of dot break at trucks stops, etc
Fun place to work.. good organization
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern United StatesJuly 24, 2018
Dupre is an organization that is learning how to grow. Their culture is one that allows very few people to make decisions. The leadership is learning to trust their employees and engage in the leadership process
Pros
Good people to work with .. top to bottom.
Cons
Learning to trust experienced managers that come from outside the organization
It was work
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Duson, LAJuly 20, 2018
It was a job and it paid me well at the time. My coworkers was very easy to work with. But the night shift was the hardest part of the job. Overall liked my job
Pros
It paid
Cons
N/a
Good place
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 25, 2018
Enjoyed working there, a lot of very nice people, co-workers to work with.

Enjoyed the work I did

Learned a lot from the work I did and the time I worked there
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Driving distance
N/a
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PAMay 17, 2018
Senior operations managers micromanage the operations. Senior operations manager was responsible for entirely too large of a geography. Senior operations manager was unwilling to promote subordinates.
Pros
The company was a family owned and operated company that cared for all of its employees.
Cons
Health insurance was horrible as of 2016.
Productive but in need of a moral booster.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 3, 2018
Positions are straight forward and the employees are very team oriented. The hardest part of the job is the longer work days. Slow times can affect moral and energy levels.
good place to work
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAMarch 18, 2018
fast past, best practices are use daily, team is important, JSA's keep employee's safe. Operators communicate with industrial personnel, drivers are front line employees and does an excellent job.
Pros
team environmental
Cons
hard to locate responsible driving personnel
Nice company to work for
Accounting Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 16, 2018
Decent and consistent workload but non stressful.I learned data entry,how to balance bank payments,upload and post bank reports, how to apply and pay invoices and checks to appropriate company, reverse checks, and other clerical work. Management was great.Relaxed workplace, friendly and helpful coworkers and management. I did not find the job to be difficult at all just tedious and it required good attention to detail. Most enjoyable part of the job was the work.
Pros
Company lunches, flexible time, off on holidays, no weekends, friendly staff.
Few advancement opportunities
TRAINER (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARFebruary 11, 2018
Dupre is good for a job, but nothing long term. Dispatchers keep drivers to just around $800 gross per week. And there has been instances of dispatchers and management not communicating with the drivers.
Overworked / underpaid
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2018
Typical day started at 6am and never ended. Even after a 12 to 16 hour shift, night dispatch would call all night long. Terminal manager was terrible. Always talking down to everyone and tried to bully people. In order to get a bonus you had to improve 10% a quarter so if you were at 100% all the time you didn't get a bonus.
Pros
It's a paying job
Cons
You were never off the job
It's a decent local job
Truck Driver-18 Wheeler Tanker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
You get paid by the load and not by miles. It's a local job and it's not too bad of a local job. Job requires a lot of work hours per week and you must be very attentive.
Benefits
Cons
Work a lot of holidays
not good
Reginal Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 7, 2017
not good over all dispatchers suck managers sucks good ole boy.system in place if kiss up you move up lied to by manager was told one thing in enterview after training big different from what was told old trucks good trailers
Pros
Cons
every thing
Ok
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Taft, LAOctober 29, 2017
The company is not bad to work for. There are a lot of good people with this company, so things could be improved upon. I just feel for me I need a change.
Pros
Home
Cons
Other
Good Job
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 3, 2017
You work a 7 on and 7 off work schedule in EDS dispatch. 5 Am to 5Pm which isnt too bad most of the time it goes by quick. Decent benefits. Good pay, but no paid vacation since you do work a 7 on 7 off.
Fast pace work environment
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 30, 2017
Fast pace, if breaks taken you fall behind. No personal days, must swap with opposite shift in order for family function. Tough salary to support fam.
Pros
Friendly environment, dispatch core help each other.
Cons
No breaks specified, if tsken then you fall behind a good deal
Very agressive company culture
Branch Manager/National Sales, West (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 16, 2017
Best of part of working for Dupre' was the very aggressive company culture and senior management. I was left alone to create my own team and work culture.
Pros
freedom to explore new business model
Cons
not enough time to see all the projects come together
Not a bad place overall
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 30, 2017
Home every night, set schedule well in advanced. Good pay for the amount of work required. Very little physical work required. Management not bad in one on one situations. Some drivers a little too laid back but overall a good group of guys.
Productive positive environment
HS&E Senior Safety Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 19, 2017
Dupre Logistics is an amazing company with fantastic owners who truly care about their employees. I learned so much from my management and team. It was an excellent place to work at