Dupre Logistics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
N/a
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PAMay 17, 2018
Senior operations managers micromanage the operations. Senior operations manager was responsible for entirely too large of a geography. Senior operations manager was unwilling to promote subordinates.
Pros
The company was a family owned and operated company that cared for all of its employees.
Cons
Health insurance was horrible as of 2016.
Productive but in need of a moral booster.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 3, 2018
Positions are straight forward and the employees are very team oriented. The hardest part of the job is the longer work days. Slow times can affect moral and energy levels.
good place to work
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAMarch 18, 2018
fast past, best practices are use daily, team is important, JSA's keep employee's safe. Operators communicate with industrial personnel, drivers are front line employees and does an excellent job.
Pros
team environmental
Cons
hard to locate responsible driving personnel
Nice company to work for
Accounting Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 16, 2018
Decent and consistent workload but non stressful.I learned data entry,how to balance bank payments,upload and post bank reports, how to apply and pay invoices and checks to appropriate company, reverse checks, and other clerical work. Management was great.Relaxed workplace, friendly and helpful coworkers and management. I did not find the job to be difficult at all just tedious and it required good attention to detail. Most enjoyable part of the job was the work.
Pros
Company lunches, flexible time, off on holidays, no weekends, friendly staff.
Few advancement opportunities
TRAINER (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARFebruary 11, 2018
Dupre is good for a job, but nothing long term. Dispatchers keep drivers to just around $800 gross per week. And there has been instances of dispatchers and management not communicating with the drivers.
Overworked / underpaid
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2018
Typical day started at 6am and never ended. Even after a 12 to 16 hour shift, night dispatch would call all night long. Terminal manager was terrible. Always talking down to everyone and tried to bully people. In order to get a bonus you had to improve 10% a quarter so if you were at 100% all the time you didn't get a bonus.
Pros
It's a paying job
Cons
You were never off the job
It's a decent local job
Truck Driver-18 Wheeler Tanker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
You get paid by the load and not by miles. It's a local job and it's not too bad of a local job. Job requires a lot of work hours per week and you must be very attentive.
Benefits
Cons
Work a lot of holidays
not good
Reginal Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 7, 2017
not good over all dispatchers suck managers sucks good ole boy.system in place if kiss up you move up lied to by manager was told one thing in enterview after training big different from what was told old trucks good trailers
Pros
Cons
every thing
Ok
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Taft, LAOctober 29, 2017
The company is not bad to work for. There are a lot of good people with this company, so things could be improved upon. I just feel for me I need a change.
Pros
Home
Cons
Other
Good Job
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 3, 2017
You work a 7 on and 7 off work schedule in EDS dispatch. 5 Am to 5Pm which isnt too bad most of the time it goes by quick. Decent benefits. Good pay, but no paid vacation since you do work a 7 on 7 off.
Fast pace work environment
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 30, 2017
Fast pace, if breaks taken you fall behind. No personal days, must swap with opposite shift in order for family function. Tough salary to support fam.
Pros
Friendly environment, dispatch core help each other.
Cons
No breaks specified, if tsken then you fall behind a good deal
Very agressive company culture
Branch Manager/National Sales, West (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 16, 2017
Best of part of working for Dupre' was the very aggressive company culture and senior management. I was left alone to create my own team and work culture.
Pros
freedom to explore new business model
Cons
not enough time to see all the projects come together
Not a bad place overall
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 30, 2017
Home every night, set schedule well in advanced. Good pay for the amount of work required. Very little physical work required. Management not bad in one on one situations. Some drivers a little too laid back but overall a good group of guys.
Productive positive environment
HS&E Senior Safety Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 19, 2017
Dupre Logistics is an amazing company with fantastic owners who truly care about their employees. I learned so much from my management and team. It was an excellent place to work at
Lousy hr
Day chemical driver (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXJuly 13, 2017
I was going to work here, but after a couple of minutes of talking to the recruiter. .she didn't listen and wanted me to do her leg work..I worked as a recruiter, so can't began to say how uninspired she left me.
Still growing as a company but on the right track
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglas, WYJuly 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Dupre very much and I was able to learn a lot and grow a lot while with the company. The owners are sincere and involved in the company and I think that is the best thing going for Dupre. I only hope they choose better leaders in the future than the one I worked with when I decided to leave the company. If the leaders improve, I would happily return to the team.
Great work place
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXJune 10, 2017
A typical work day consist of completing all work related task in a timely manner. I learned that a good and professional relationship with management makes communication regarding my work responsibilities and duties the most enjoyable part of my job. This allows me to work with more confidence, knowing that am performing my job duties and responsibilities at my best. Adopting to work place culture solely depends on if the culture is positive and benefits the company and its employees. The hardest part of my job is, not having any work to do. This makes my day feels longer.
Productive and fun place
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2017
A typical day at work requires day to day focusing. Environment is a fun place to work, but also professional. I have learned a lot and taken the skill set on to improve my career.
Better Than the Majority
Senior Traffic Supervisor - Chemical Division (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2017
Better than about 90% of the companies out there.
Insurance is not the greatest though.
Can be challenging at times and time consuming.
Growing and expanding.
Hard work. Long Hours
Commercial Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 26, 2017
Worked 4pm - 4am
Go into yard. Collect bills of lading. Get truck assignment. Conduct ore trip inspection and then spend the next 12 hours picking up fuel from the refineries and delivering to local business around Houston.
Pros
Received Tanker Experience
Cons
Horrible Hours. No personal time