Duracell Employee Reviews

Productive warehouse with great co-workers and management.
WAREHOUSE WORKER/BATTERY PACKER (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAFebruary 22, 2019
I believe that it was a great experience for future warehouse work and quick-paced work environments. Great communication between workers and management.
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks.
Cons
Must be standing at all times while on floor.
Under new mafia
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 17, 2019
Berkshire Hathaway purchased the Duracell brand in 2016. The new headquarters for Duracell, Inc is located in Chicago. The first surprise for employees was the immediate elimination of the retiree healthcare benefit. Within the first two years, the executive management team announced that the company contribution to the employee retirement savings plan would be reduced by up to 75% for long-term employees but highly compensated employees would receive increased bonuses. The new Chicago-based management team made several questionable decisions, strong-arming suppliers for deep discounts, closing well-performing manufacturing locations, outsourcing battery manufacturing to Asia and packaging services to a contract supplier. The packaging transition was shamefully mishandled and ultimately had to be transitioned to an alternate contract packaging group. Poor decisions from upper management - the only thing that will keep this ship from sinking is the brand recognition.
Pros
Wages haven't been cut... yet
Cons
Poor treatment of long-term employees - significant job loss and benefit reductions.
Easy work but not for me. Needed more pay.
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAFebruary 6, 2019
Easy work to me. Was unorganized but I think it changes when DHL took over. Still wasn't enough pay for me and didn't like the change it was too stressful.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No paid lunches
It’s a easy and fast moving company
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJanuary 23, 2019
Duracell is a batteries warehouse packing batteries they pay 9.50 an hour n give 30 minute breaks.I worked there for a few months then I quit because they have low pay and I want higher paying.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
30 minute breaks
Great Company
CARIBBEAN SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 13, 2019
DURACELL is a great company to work for, the only concern is that is a close group of employees and they won't let you fit in. this group also promote between themselves not allowing new hires grow.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Events
Cons
Not allowing new hires grow within the company
Fast paced, with little time to stop
Line Leader/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 11, 2018
You will spend your whole shift, fixing others mistakes from previous shift IF the machines are working right. Management is a joke and is the leading cause of people quitting or getting fired. They give no paid time off even in emergencies unless your friends with the bosses. You will work up to 7 days a week, 12 hours a day/night. There is alot of petty behavior by management including sabotaging employees and even equipment to get people they don't like fired or demoted to get their friends in their place.
nice place to wrok
Testing Department Leader (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 1, 2018
start up and safety meeting every morning we would go over the days plan and last shift production and problems and also any safety problems. When I started at Duracell I was an operator and move to mechanic helper and then mechanic so I move up through the ranks
Pros
good money and benefits
Cons
rotating shifts
Competitive
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 20, 2018
Competitive. Rapid excel rate. The hardest part was when they relocated. Excellent Management. I would definitely go back to work for Duracell. Learned to stand on my own.
I enjoyed working for the company
Member of Supply Network Team (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCNovember 5, 2018
High speed manufacturing environment,
High expectation and focus on Safety, Quality and Cost.
enjoyed training others and sharing work SKILLS
ability to flow to other work areas
Pros
Work expectation
Cons
Not holding everyone to same accountability standard
They have some great people that work there.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 26, 2018
The people there are good to get along with. They don't mind helping out, when your behind. This is also a caring factory they check on you when your out sick.
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
Short breaks
Very Stressful
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 24, 2018
Worked 12 hours a day. It was very stressful. You had to choose family or work. I wasn't able to spend time with my family and I missed a lot of family events.
Was a very good employer for many years.
Production Electronic/Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 21, 2018
Competitive high speed production work environment. Highly skilled multicraft positions. Work with many hazardous chemicals. Was a very good employer for many years.
Every week pay, peaceful work environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAOctober 17, 2018
Majority of the time the machines don't function properly. Maintenance employees are constantly trying to get them to function, but the progress never goes steady throughout the day. I've learned new work ethics and have gained experience by interacting with my fellow co-workers by networking through them. Management seems to have an negative impact when it comes to how much production the facility puts out and doesn't seem to make any progress with the company. The culture of the work environment is extremely slow due to the constant breakdown of the machinery. The hardest part of the job is making good production and receiving instruction when there's no production to make, unless they send you to a different location in the warehouse to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there's a lot of people to interact and bond with!
Pros
Receive pay every week, well secured facility, sanitary and safe environment!
Cons
Unstable work conditions, poor instructions, non-professional supervisors!
was a temporary position
Tool & Die Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 14, 2018
i was hired through temp agency to do tool and die work at duracell which i did we had 3 cnc lathes one of them was a dual chuck we made parts for presses throughout the plant
Great job until notification of plant closure
Team Lead/Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 14, 2018
Team meeting to begin day setting daily direction for department operation.
Followed by CIL and line inspection, looking for any maintenance needs of machines.
Awesome
Material Handler/ Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 10, 2018
I really did enjoy working at Duracell I start off as a material handler in the Put up dept for about 2year plus then later on I applied for utility in The Powder Room great benefits a good place to grow and learn from awesome place
Pros
The people
Cons
No cons
Great Place to Work
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 2, 2018
I worked for Duracell 22 years and never would have left, but the facility where I worked closed after being bought out by another company. It was, by far, the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Work Environment, Management
Cons
Some North American locations are shutting down due to business restructuring
the temp services suck
Assembly line associate (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GASeptember 21, 2018
I worked for duracell through CPI. this agency is very unprofessional. It took sonoco forever to get fans in the warehouse, and we cant even go outside for our break, getting paid every week is nice, and overtime is worth it, but the people and the treatment arent,
Pros
money
Cons
work experience, drama
Terrific company to work for with exceptionally good work environment, friendly co-workers and a professional atmosphere.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTSeptember 14, 2018
When I worked at Duracell twenty-nine years ago it was an outstanding company to work for and offered full Medical benefits with 100% coverage and Dental benefits with 80% coverage.

Duracell offered a very professional work environment that was at the same time relaxed. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The facility was very clean and pleasant!

The cafeteria provided exceptionally good meals and food.
Pros
Discounts on Duracell batteries and products, great work environment, excellent cafeteria and food!
Cons
Can’t think of any.
Assembly Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAAugust 15, 2018
You get very competitive working here and organized and very observant and you get the whole fill o shipping and handling all togetheras well as warehouse worker

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duracell. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight