Durex Industries Employee Reviews

Great workplace depending on department.
Stock Associate/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILNovember 5, 2017
Its really black and white, either you love your job, boss, and supervisor, or you hate them. I loved my supervisor and my fellow employees, but the manager was not focused at all on caring about the people who worked under him.
December 13, 2017

I am sorry to hear about your experience at Durex. I would like to discuss this further with you. I can be reached at 847 478-2687.

Carmella

Able to learn more but not nessesary being paid more for it.
Assembler 1/ Cmm operator (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILOctober 30, 2017
Overall working at Durex was a positive experience but, if you showed enthusiasm for your job and you worked hard they would be happy to teach you more but not pay you accordingly. They would give you a small raise like 50 cents but upon doing research the same knowledge you have would give you almost double your salary for the same job at a different company. Also they will put you were they need you and not necessarily based on your qualifications so just be aware of that.
Pros
ability to learn more and decent hours.
Cons
more work for less pay and not always being able to work were you are most succesuful.

growth is priority
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILOctober 16, 2017
only business not personal
very much a clique job
multiple groups pitted against each other
expected everyone to follow the area lead but not consistent

Tied in 1st place as my best place to work at
Quality Control Incoming Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company. Everyone was cooperative and helpful. In my department, everyone worked well and we were great team. My manager was very helpful and would work with the best he can.
nice place to work, close to home
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILAugust 9, 2017
hardest part of job keeping everything running all the time. best part of job, when all was working well
hardest part of job, stressful when things needed to be repaired and procuction stopped
Do not work here.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILJune 10, 2017
This is a terrible place to work. They expect you to work like a slave but they want to pay you less than what you deserve. Do not work here. It is not worth your time. I was there for a year and my pay rate never changed. They do not pay you enough to live off of.
June 12, 2017

Carmella

Productive shop and learning enviorment
Machinist/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILMay 25, 2017
Working for Durex was a great and fulfilling experience. I was lead in the barfeeder area and always received outstanding back up and support from my team
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Some management
Mgt needs to understand everyone's work load
Worker (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILMarch 3, 2017
This place may be a good start for someone who has not worked anywhere before to see how not to treat employees. There are a small few that are way over burdened and others that are Mgt friends that do little to improve the culture or work flow within the organization.
Pros
Cons
No reward for hard work, unless you are Family/Friend Drinking Buddy
June 12, 2017

Room to grow
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILDecember 5, 2016
At times lack of focus from leadership or upper management. Not positive motivators but fear driven. Have great supervisors they motivate there employees in a positive ways giving them room to grow.
Pros
Great people and unique work
Cons
Stressful
Generally long-term positive
Production Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILDecember 28, 2014
Durex Industries is a medium-sized company, still trying to find its way in an atmosphere of rapid growth and change, while also trying to shed a well-entrenched, old-school corporate mentality, and a generally negative and territorial shop culture.
Pros
Solid growth and overtime
Cons
Mentally negative work environment
Great starter job
Material Handler/Assistant Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILMarch 19, 2014
Good place to start gaining customer service experience. everyone is treated fairly & there is always ways to advance your position. just not a lot of money
Comfortable atmosphere to work in and knowledgeable coworkers.
Product Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILNovember 8, 2013
A typical day at work would be challenging and different. Supervisor was helpful to an extent. Environment could have been more professional and organized. Coworkers were civil and helpful. Hardest part of job was getting feed back of progress of tasks...a passive comment of "you are doing a good job".

The most enjoyable part of job was different product/designs to learn.
Pros
Reasonable hours and always busy
Cons
Need more progress feedback...constructive criticism.
fast prodution and two items in one time is absorvent and extresant.
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Cary, il.April 9, 2012
six days a week.
drilling and tapping, welding, assembly, inspection.
latino and spanic
is a have dutty
Pros
Cons
insurance very hig the cost.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Durex Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9