Durex Industries Employee Reviews

Overall poor company
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILNovember 2, 2018
Overall poor company!!
Job shop atmosphere!!
Bottomline more important than anything else!!
Management very secretive!!
Benefits aweful!!
A lot of employee turnover!!
Pros
Cons
The organization
Learn alot at Durex Industries
Lead /prototype Program and set up (Former Employee) –  Cary illOctober 25, 2018
Had a Great Run at Durex until new management took over

Enjoy a lot making new parts most of the current parts I made are still running at Durex , Never got full credit for it bu it felt great to see the final product get done
Good place to start.
Process Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Not a career structured organization. High labor turnover. Durex offers a good general benefit package. Clean and safe working environment. Limited management support. Little to no training. Durex had a very good staff, but there was difficulty in communicating between departments.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Limited Management support
Getting better
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILAugust 22, 2018
A lot of changes recently, in management- changes seem positive. Employee feedback has been gathered by HR, who seems to be doing their best to make things better. There are great people here who try their best to do their job. Most get along very well. Good environment. Communication is lacking sometimes between departments, staff, company.. but in general, seems company is growing and doing the best to keep up with growth and still get production out and do a good job. Good company to grow with. Benefits are not great and are a little expensive but there is a new plan coming later this year that hopefully is better.
Pros
Great people, Growth
Cons
Benefits not good
Never boring always learning new things.
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILAugust 17, 2018
Hardest part was communication between departments.
Management was always changing and coworkers. Difficult to have a working relation with coworkers to get jobs done because of high turn over.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Roadblocks to do your job
September 7, 2018

I am sorry to hear about your experience at Durex. I would like to discuss this further with you. I can be reached at 847 478-2687.

Great place
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILAugust 10, 2018
Great place to work at, team leads are very helpful and understanding that you are new and are in the process of learning how machines work. The work is different every day and you learn different things such as welding, sandblasting, or brazing.
Right hand does not know what the left hand is doing
worker (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILAugust 3, 2018
Older employees with 'tribal knowledge" do all they can to undermine new employees. Stressful and disorganized, too much management and not enough employees.
Pros
nice lunchroom
Cons
stressful, disorganized, no regard for employees
September 7, 2018

Hostile
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILJuly 31, 2018
Company starts off with a smile but then the real face shows of what the real problem is. You can't continue making employees feel unwanted then wonder why they leave, and then get rid of those trying to help you retain those that you do have.
Welding department needs rework!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILDecember 1, 2017
After 4 weeks working there had very little time of knowing their products and got can after that time frame of not working fast enough but the parts are not always correct manufactured and wish the management would have known that before they can me.

Carmella

Great workplace depending on department.
Stock Associate/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILNovember 5, 2017
Its really black and white, either you love your job, boss, and supervisor, or you hate them. I loved my supervisor and my fellow employees, but the manager was not focused at all on caring about the people who worked under him.

Carmella

Able to learn more but not nessesary being paid more for it.
Assembler 1/ Cmm operator (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILOctober 30, 2017
Overall working at Durex was a positive experience but, if you showed enthusiasm for your job and you worked hard they would be happy to teach you more but not pay you accordingly. They would give you a small raise like 50 cents but upon doing research the same knowledge you have would give you almost double your salary for the same job at a different company. Also they will put you were they need you and not necessarily based on your qualifications so just be aware of that.
Pros
ability to learn more and decent hours.
Cons
more work for less pay and not always being able to work were you are most succesuful.

growth is priority
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILOctober 16, 2017
only business not personal
very much a clique job
multiple groups pitted against each other
expected everyone to follow the area lead but not consistent

Tied in 1st place as my best place to work at
Quality Control Incoming Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company. Everyone was cooperative and helpful. In my department, everyone worked well and we were great team. My manager was very helpful and would work with the best he can.
nice place to work, close to home
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILAugust 9, 2017
hardest part of job keeping everything running all the time. best part of job, when all was working well
hardest part of job, stressful when things needed to be repaired and procuction stopped
Do not work here.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILJune 10, 2017
This is a terrible place to work. They expect you to work like a slave but they want to pay you less than what you deserve. Do not work here. It is not worth your time. I was there for a year and my pay rate never changed. They do not pay you enough to live off of.
June 12, 2017

Carmella

Productive shop and learning enviorment
Machinist/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILMay 25, 2017
Working for Durex was a great and fulfilling experience. I was lead in the barfeeder area and always received outstanding back up and support from my team
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Some management
Mgt needs to understand everyone's work load
Worker (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILMarch 3, 2017
This place may be a good start for someone who has not worked anywhere before to see how not to treat employees. There are a small few that are way over burdened and others that are Mgt friends that do little to improve the culture or work flow within the organization.
Pros
Cons
No reward for hard work, unless you are Family/Friend Drinking Buddy
June 12, 2017

Room to grow
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILDecember 5, 2016
At times lack of focus from leadership or upper management. Not positive motivators but fear driven. Have great supervisors they motivate there employees in a positive ways giving them room to grow.
Pros
Great people and unique work
Cons
Stressful
Generally long-term positive
Production Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILDecember 28, 2014
Durex Industries is a medium-sized company, still trying to find its way in an atmosphere of rapid growth and change, while also trying to shed a well-entrenched, old-school corporate mentality, and a generally negative and territorial shop culture.
Pros
Solid growth and overtime
Cons
Mentally negative work environment
Great starter job
Material Handler/Assistant Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILMarch 19, 2014
Good place to start gaining customer service experience. everyone is treated fairly & there is always ways to advance your position. just not a lot of money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Durex Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8