Durgin Pines

Durgin Pines Employee Reviews

Durgin Pines insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Wonderful work Environment

I have worked at Durgin Pines for over 5 years now and I can say I absolutely love it. The administration is great and they bend over backwards to give us employees incentives. All the CNA’s here are compassionate while giving patient centered care. The facility is kept clean and maintained at all times.

Pros

Compassionate CNA’s, Great care, Clean environment

Excellent care.

I really enjoy working here. Very supportive environment. Wonderful care provided to the residents. the really love the residents. The CNA care is wonderful and they treat the residents well.

This is a great place to work with great people. The staff is nice and I met lifelong friends while working at the job. Not a single regret from working here.

Poor Work Environment

Started for the company in the spring and everything was ok from my perspective, but the longer i worked there the more i noticed was wrong. There is heavy animosity between the service staff and the nursing staff. The nursing staff are often on their phones all day sitting around, letting residents soil themselves while they browse the internet and look for a date. During a covid outbreak there were several nurses even still going to parties without masks. Staff refusing to wear proper PPE and not distancing. The staff often just throw trash all over the grounds and do not pick it up. Upper management refuses to hold nurses accountable for their actions or in-actions when it comes to patient care. Call bells go unanswered for over an hour almost hourly because "Oh the resident just wants attention" or "they always scream". Some of the residents dont even get bathed on a regular basis and certainly do not get toileted properly. The administration is terrible and the facility is chronically understaffed due to poor management and low pay. I strongly suggest not working here or sending loved ones here for long term care.

Pros

Cons

Poor Management

Flexibility

Quality facility, employed in security unit, dementia, alzheimer's. Flexible schedule, friendly staff, supportive staff, provided with equipment and supplies.

Unprofessional

I found working for this company to be more stressful then anything. Nothing is between you and upper management they will talk about sensitive person information with others that shouldn’t be discussed. The director of environmental services isn’t accessible as he’s to busy in his office planning vacation and answers with a simple “what”. This isn’t a pleasant place to work most of the staff can be heard complainting about other staff members.

Relaxed and Collaborative culture

Durgin Pines has a great workplace culture, relaxed and fun while getting the job done. It is sometimes stressful, but any job in healthcare will be so. I wouldn't have left if I wasn't relocating.

Pros

great PTO, fun and happy coworkers

Temporary job

This job is good for students who just want some spending money and a casual fast paced job with short shifts of only 3 hours. Recommend if you are in high school.

Excellent place to work

Durgin Pines is an excellent place to work. The entire staff is dedicated to the residents in long term care unit and the patients in the skilled rehabilitation unit. The entire staff all work together as a team to provide the very best care not only for the residents/patients but also for each other.

Pros

Excellent management

Cons

There is a lot of support among the staff so I have no cons to working there.

Awesome team to work with

OUR TEAM (Administrator, Director of Nursing, Nurse Managers, Nurses, CNA's, Rehab, Dietary, Laundry, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Activities, Social Services, Business Office and all Axillary Staff ) always has the best interest of the residents/patients at heart. Every department plays a very important role, we couldn't do it without each other. We are people taking care of people

Jobs at Durgin Pines

See more jobs

staff great administrators not so much

Overall a good place to work. The CNA staffing could be boosted. Director of nursing inexperienced and hiring shows nepotisn, favortism and is a mouthpiece for administrator. Caring staff, for residents and each other, makes for a great place to work

Pros

residents are the priority

fast paced and friendly environment

A typical day at work consisted of setting up tables, taking orders, and maintaining a pleasant dining experience for all guests. I learned how to manage my time more consistently and effectively. The hardest part of the job was that I was the only waitress/waiter. This demanded that I learned how to effectively balance work load while still caring out customer service to the utmost importance

Easy job, but a job where you will gain much knowledge

Durgin Pines let me make a ton of friends while at work which made the job more fun, but even allowed me to make friends with the residents at the facility. The job itself is quick to learn more most people, a lot of learning of diets, and just really getting to know the residents.

Great company to work for

I have been with Durgin Pines off an on for almost 6 years. The scheduler is more than understanding when it comes to your home/personal life. No one in the building has a bad thing to say about anyone which makes for a great working environment. I look forward to walking into work each and every day which is hard to come by these days! I don't have a bad thing to say about the place. The management staff including the administrator are very down to earth people and always have an extra second if you need to talk to them. Very welcoming staff and a beautiful building to be working in!

Pros

Team based work environment, great hours, flexible schedules

Awful place to work

administration and supervisors do not care about their employees. There always saying what they did wrong and not saying what they did right. Pay is too low for the job you do and they are understaffed.

Pros

The resident, fellow employees

Cons

admin, sad to see people die

Great place to work, you can see the amount of care

Durgin Pines is an extremely clean nursing home. They pay a lot of attention to detail.

Pros

Great people

great family

I love working at Durgin Pines, one of the best placed I've worked. I felt like family immediately.

Somewhat rewarding, but overshadowed by depressing atomsphere.

The hardest part of the job is growing attached to residents and having to let go. I liked getting to know residents, however being limited to the amount of care that I was allowed to give was disheartening.The work was easy, but I felt that because it was easy my supervisors saw me as limited in my ideas about improving the department. I also felt that my supervisors didn't see me as a smart and valuable individual, but rather just another body.

Pros

free food, extra breaks

Cons

bad training
  • Durgin Pines