Durham County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work if you enjoyed high school
Income Maintenence Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 8, 2018
The pay does not equal to all of the job responsibilities and expectations. The managers are very unprofessional. This place like most human services jobs is full of gossip and insecure women who instead of building people up, they tear them down.
Pros
Hour lunch, benefits
Cons
Unprofessional environment and unprofessional staff and upper management, gossip
Durham County
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 1, 2018
I was able to learning a lot at the Durham County area and all the hard work that I have accomplish in the area. The management was the best I was apart of that I was able to do this job two time in a row which was rare
Pros
Lunch time at any place in the area of Durham, and the leave time.
Cons
Outside work, so early hour in the morning before the sun rise.
Great job
Maintenance Technician crew leader (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 11, 2017
Been whither Durham County for five yrs with twentytwenty-five more to go. With a great team and crew my job requires lots of outside work constantly moving picking up recycling, move jobs ,ewaste furniture move jobs also
Benefits
Cons
Money
Not great place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 7, 2017
great benefits but horrible culture. Management does not care about employees. Culture is very stuck in the 1990's, little desire to change or innovate
great place
Prescription Assistance Coordinator/ Admin. Asst. (Former Employee) –  Durham County, NCJune 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Durham County Govt. The people were friendly and helped out when needed. I just wish that the budget were more stable because the lower the budget, the higher the layoffs.
Pros
great benefits and people
Cons
budgets
Great atmosphere with professional management and peers.
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 7, 2017
Working with the Durham County Sheriff's Office was a wonderful experience. I was able to work in an area that I enjoyed very much so, working in the administrative field. I loved what my job consisted of as far as the responsibilities of accounting and payroll. I only left the Sheriff's Office to pursue school and further my education. This is a great place to work and I am thankful for the opportunities I was given while being employed with the Sheriff's Office.
Plant operator. Former employee. Good coworkers
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham County, NCSeptember 9, 2016
The absolute worst job I've ever had. I don't know how the utility director still has a job there. Multiple people have been to HR on him for violating county policy and they do nothing about it. Micromanages everyone but yet knows less than they do about the job.
Pros
Good coworkers
I love this job
Staff Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Hate that I left this job. Great benefits and pto and sick and 401 K plan they match! Its a great job overall!!! GOT LOVE DCO!!! Great people to work with!
This is a very challenging and exciting place to work...
Detention Counselor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 23, 2013
I really think this company is a nice place to work for as well as having great benefits. I learned new things, new way of doing things. I 've met some valuable co-workers. The most challenging part of this job is observing violent juveniles come in with violent crimes, and being objective.
Very stable place to work
IT Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 4, 2012
Very stable working environment with good co-workers. It is a team oriented environment where collaboration is encouraged. Also there is opportunity to build your technical knowledge and skills while working on various projects