Durham School Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 15, 2018
When I worked at this job it was ok, but for the most part u had to protect urself from harm from the children and make sure they didnt harm themselves
great place to work if you need a flexible schedule
Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 14, 2018
durham school service is a good company. the benefit of working here if you have a family is as long as you have your cdl and drive a bus you will be able to take your child with you. thats a plus to avoid paying for care elsewhere. the con to that Is if you are a van driver that is not an option for you. it is also a great option if you need a flexible schedule. they are accommodating for the most part to most needs.
Great Management
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Independence, KSAugust 13, 2018
Our boss at Durham in Independence is a really great guy to work for. He goes out of his way to make your work experience the best that it can be. He is the reason I have been with Durham forthe past six years.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low pay for the job performed.
If you can afford to go home between runs I'd suggest you do so.
Stand By School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 12, 2018
Durham is an ok place to work. West base has a good group of employees, they will try to help you as much as possible. I don't work on the East base so I can not comment for it. Just do your job and ignore all the hoopla. Most rules come from knee-jerk responses that have nothing to with your location or you as an employee.
Pros
the school breaks
Cons
no money during the school breaks
Its was overall a good place to work.
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 12, 2018
Work in the front office greeting guests and drivers as they arrive to work. I work on maintaining a healthy relationship between the 501 school district, our drivers and families. Give direction to drivers when they are on the road so they can have an on time successful trip. I also have worked as a cover driver when other drivers are unavailable. Help new hires with applications, clean, organize, fax, copy, multi-line phones, money skills, write ups and much more this is a very busy office we have over 110 routes that drive daily.
Productive & Fun place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 8, 2018
Loved the job. It was a fun relaxing place to work. I learned alot since I never drove for a school bus company. I would have loved this company stay.
Too Many Politics
Full-time School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Independence, KSAugust 8, 2018
This company has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Ton's of micromanaging and they don't really care about the drivers and what they do on a daily basis.

The company puts more emphasis on the bottom line and not about who makes their bottom line.
Watch out for management
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXAugust 6, 2018
Durham will use you up and throw you away like trash and they don't care! Watch your own back because no one else will. Keep records on everything. Especially your time. And don't get comfortable there, odds are you'll be looking for work before you plan to. Good luck!
It’s what you make it
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2018
Durham has poor management and less than sympathetic adminiatration. It’s a split shift job so you’re either there all day or you can leave and come back but if you want to get full time hours you’ll have to work through your break. Otherwise you’ll be a part time driver and benefits will not be available to you
Pros
Long break and will train you for CDL
Cons
Available hours and management.
Loved the job as well as management
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 4, 2018
iWas A great Place To Work , Always Worked As A Team in order to insure students were taken and picked up on time to attend .school. Someone in management was always available if you had any issues or concerns. it is always a plus to me to have diversity in the workplace and we also had that.The hardest part of the job was walking thru the parking lot when ice was on the ground in the wee hours of the morning.
Pros
positive setting
Cons
frequent parties, for me it was hard to resist the temptation of good food
Poor management
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 30, 2018
The management is next to nothing, there’s nobody to back you in situations when you are not the only one but you are feeling targeted. They leave you like a sitting duck
Really enjoyed the job
School Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 29, 2018
Loved working with the children. Honestly, it was the best job and most rewarding job I've had. If I didn't move out of New Mexico, I would probably still be there.
Pros
Working with the students
Cons
Lack of air conditioning on the school bus
its a good place to work just no room for advancement
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, PAJuly 29, 2018
the job itself is a great job getting the chance to help children.However the management there was poor and short staff jiust felt like it could have been ran differently
Pros
get to help kids
Cons
unorganized/poor management
Good job
Bus driver full time (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2018
It is a good job it’s competitive, as is all jobs. The location is very good you not have to travel far to get to your job, if there’s no way to make it in to work they have shuttles and and you and bring your children to work with you. Mon-Friday off every weekend.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Good hours
Friendly Work environment
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2018
Durham School Services has a Friendly work environment with lots of teamworking skilled people and very flexible hours I definitely would recommend this company to others!
durham school services
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2018
durham school services is a great place to work! great company and a great career learned and earned while working there. my days there are bright and brilliant. i enjoy working with the the staff and enjoy the customer service.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 24, 2018
Get in to pre/post trip on your bus

Safety was and always number 1

Loved working with the kids some were funny some were a challenge .

But overall it was good hours were great
Pros
great hours
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 23, 2018
good place excelent group to work with all the people there help each other.they teach you how to drive and get your b license.youll have a good time as long as you ho to work mind YOUR business and keep it moving
Cons
short hours
love my job
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Natchez, MSJuly 22, 2018
love my job but its not enough income for someone with a family to take care of ... Love the hours and off every weekend and every holiday.. Off during summer unless you work for summer school
Pros
split shiff
Cons
insurance hig, not enough money
Good people to work for and with.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 14, 2018
I enjoy working at Durham I like the people i work for. I enjoy working and helping special needs students that I take to and from school safely. I like the hours and the pay is ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Durham School Services. Our community is ready to answer.