Dust Busters Plus LLC
Happiness rating is 86 out of 100
View all Dust Busters Plus LLC reviews

Dust Busters Plus LLC

Dust Busters Plus LLC Wildland Firefighter, FFT Type 2 Review

Fantastic place to work as a wildland firefighter

The work is seasonal and dependent on the nature of the year's fire season, as well as contracts acquired by the company, so nothing is guaranteed. But the work itself is incredible - go to places where you are really needed and do the work that is so desperately required to help save our forests. The management is excellent and you will meet some of the best people you will ever have the privilege of knowing.

Pros

Meaningful and challenging work

Cons

Hard physical work in difficult conditions

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same roleSame location

What is the best part of working at the company?The beautiful places you get to fight fire.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Keeping everyone safe What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Gritty and glorious What is a typical day like for you at the company?Long and hard. Very rewarding.
Same roleSame location

It's an extremely arduous job that can be the worst or best experience of your life.

If you want more money or like stricter more professional images Dust Busters is the better candidate out of any contract hand crews out there. I won't dive too deep into what a typical day is like but it's wildland firefighting, nothings for certain. I learned a tremendous amount about firefighting and everyone that joins it will. The management is awesome at Dustbusters but it is a stricter company that will requires the utmost professionalism and has a lot of military based guidelines. The culture can vary depending on your crew but in my experience the bonds you make out there are brotherhood. The hardest part of the job in my opinion wasn't the physical demand of some of the assignments, but actually the days where all you have to do is nothing. This can be a true test of your will and nothing is worse that nothing.

Pros

Best pay on the market, best job I've ever had.

Cons

Physically exhausting, gone from home for weeks at a time, undesirable sleeping conditions, undesirable eating conditions, stricter company.
Same location

Great for 1st years

This is a great a company if you are a first year starting out. There is room to quickly gain certifications and lots of learning opportunities. I appreciate how seriously safety is taken compared to other private contractors. However, it can be very militaristic and micro-managed which didn't align with my work place values. As the only woman on my crew, I felt like I was having to constantly advocate for myself. I would be talked to as though my concerns were being taken very seriously, and then no action would actually be taken. This isn't to discourage any women from applying, just be mentally prepared. I have no hard feelings to DB, it was a great first year experience, and a healthy taste of what it is like being a woman out on fire.

Pros

Very organized, safety is taken seriously

Cons

militaristic, micro-managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dust Busters Plus LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Dust Busters Plus LLC with

Learn about Dust Busters Plus LLC in popular locations

• Dust Busters Plus LLC
  • Fantastic place to work as a wildland firefighter