Dutch Bros Coffee

• Energizing work tasks
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

best job i’ve ever had

every job has ups and downs & typically i don’t agree that pay is fair anywhere, but at dutch i felt appreciated by not only my coworkers but also our customers and was pretty well compensated in tips. it’s not for everyone, but it was very nice for me.

Pros

free drinks, awesome company culture, great customers, fun environment

Cons

complicated & exhausting hiring process

Fun in all respects just draining

Loved my coworkers and my on site management team, but the job itself did require a large social and physical battery that I left feeling was drained by the end of a shift.

Energetic!!

Dutch is the best place to work, there are plenty of new things to do and see everyday, and you are never bored!! Also, the free coffee is amazing!!!!

flexibile scheduling usually solid managment. Pay is very low for what is asked of employees.

The flexibility of schedule was the best part for me personally. Beyond that the company demands a lot in terms of on the clock and off for a minimum wage job. the working conditions are also a little tough at times for making minimum wage.

Fun Job but Poor Management

I had great coworkers and loved that there were shorter shifts to be able to work around my school schedule. The management wasn’t good and did a pretty bad job at creating an uplifting environment (typical for Dutch). Lots of nitpicking, criticism, and just overall bad attitudes. Other than that, it was a fun and easy job.

Pros

Free coffee, short shifts

Cons

Management, out of work expectations

Job seekers rely on your experience.

fast paced, great customers

great first job but i didn’t like that management felt like they needed to know personal life information all the time. Also during shift something always happened or something broke n made the rushes way more stressful. sometimes the stand just wasn’t prepared and you couldn’t do anything about it

Pros

short shifts, customers

Cons

unprofessional management, no balance on scheduling

Loved my job!

I loved my job as a Dutch bros barista- but the employees at the Dutch bros west valley surprise az location is very cliquy, management is terrible and lazy. Work at any other stand please! I was put down BY my managers, called toxic etc. after every single shift I would end the day thinking I did such a good job with my speed, and my quality of work just to be shot down and put down. I left work crying on the way home every day. And when I was forced to move across town with my 2 year old, I asked for a transfer to one of the Gilbert locations. I sent an email to headquarters never heard back from them and immediately got fired. After spending an entire month at Dutch that was practically an entire month of training- I am HIGHLY disappointed that I was blocked and ghosted. If you want to work at Dutch seriously work at any other stand. Do not work at the Surprise az locations

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

No lunch breaks, bottoms of shoes melted from standing outside too long, tips are split, Not a family friendly company

fun job, good tips!

The only complaint is working with no breaks (which is kinda illegal) and working in hot conditions/smoke. otherwise it’s a great place to work, really fun, management is really nice and accommodating to your personal life schedule as well. Made tons of friends and sometimes even felt like family.

Pros

free drinks, wear whatever you want except the shirt has to be dutch

Cons

no breaks, working conditions

Fun, but no ability for promotions or raises

Fun and fast paced, but no room to grow upward into the business (even though they preach this 24/7). Employees are favored on personal relationship with management and not based on work ethic or effort made to grow. Only good for a stationary part time job.

Pros

Free coffee, fun environment

Cons

No breaks, no upward mobility, favoritism

Bittersweet

This job is the best and worst job I’ve ever had. Is it fun and fast paced? Yeah most of the time I would say so. Will the management take advantage of you can work you to the bone? Yes they will do that. Don’t expect Dutch to care about you either. I’ve seen people fired for showing up 2 minutes late.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Not enough pay and they ask too much

Jobs at Dutch Bros Coffee

See more jobs

Apply right now !!

Where do I start? Dutch bro’s was such an amazing job! Especially as my first job! The crew is amazing (obviously is different everywhere) the pay is awesome, you get a lot of hours. The company itself has such a great background to it and the ceo cares so much about his company. I can’t stress this enough but Dutch bro’s is the job you want to be at! It has so many great opportunities and you make lifelong friends! We would get rushes about every 30 minutes but with the help of your coworkers, it was nothing!! If you’re energetic and outgoing, this is the place for you or if you’re looking for something out of your comfort zone, Dutch bro’s is the place! It helped me expand my horizons and discover a totally completely new side of me! I love this company and plan on going back!

Pros

Great pay! Coworkers are awesome! Management is organized! Good hours!

Cons

Great place to work at some franchises

A particular large franchise welcomes you at first but because of the fun bubbly personality represented at the company the over push it to be fake and if your not one of those people to be over the top with it they label you with “bad attitude” i was very happy at my previous location not a single write up or disciplinary action was needed until i made the move to transfer to a different stand and franchise out of state. Now i have been writen up and talked to multiple times about bad interactions because i am not overly fake bubbly

Pros

Free Drinks

Cons

Management and No Breaks

Fast pace and awesome work place.

I love working at Dutch Brothers Coffee. You become very knowledgeable of the art of making coffee in your time there. They are easy to work with scheduling and taking time off. Not to mention how many amazing people you’ll get to meet working for them.

Pros

Free coffee!

Cons

Early morning shifts

The best

Best job I will ever have. My forever family. These people made me who I am today. It was an honor and a privilege to serve this community for over 2 years.

Fast work pace environment

As a leader at work and trainer I’m not given the pay I deserve for the work they expect of me. We are constantly short handed because they want payroll to be low. Managers don’t help you move up if they think it’ll jeopardize them losing a good worker in their stand. I have had many great memories and fun times. They have just lost view of what they Dutch bros used to be about.

Pros

High energy all around you. Good music

Fun and challenging job!

Working at dutch demands a lot of mental energy, but it can really be a positive challenge when approached the right way, and you learn a lot about customer service.

Pros

free coffee (depending on franchise), good tips

Cons

management can vary

Amazing fun job, not great pay

Personally I love working at dutch bros! The atmosphere is absolutely amazing. But they pay minimum wage and personally I think that’s silly. Everyone loves Dutch bros. Taco Bell and Starbucks make more. But if being happy at work is worth it.., it just is!

Pros

Drinks and tips

Cons

Pay, some of the environment is toxic

Bad experience poor management

My time at dutch bros start out great it was a fun job for awhile. Although the management was poor and coworkers weren’t very pleasant. Not great experience.

Fun work environment

This job has changed my perspective on many things. Work does not feel like work. The management is great and you really have time to balance your personal life.

Fun Place to Work

I really liked working for Dutch Bros they are considerably flexible compared to most jobs. They really do make sure it is a happy environment. If you work here though you have to deal with the dreadful heat outside and constantly keep a Disneyland persona throughout your entire time here. Overall it pays well and it is fun.

Pros

Free coffee, positive coworkers

Cons

Working outside, Constant messages outside of work

a very fun loving company that helps others succeed and create goals for the future

I've worked for the company for almost 5 years now. I've met my best friends here, and the environment is a very magnetic positive energy. This job is an amazing stepping stone for individuals who want to grow in customer service and social skills.

Pros

Managers go deeper into your personal life and mental well being

Cons

hard for some who aren't extroverted are overly social with strangers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dutch Bros Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight