Dutch Bros Coffee
Happiness rating is 73 out of 100

Dutch Bros Coffee Employee Reviews

United States853 reviews

broscoffeedrinkstandamazingfunfreemusic

One of those good jobs you wanna keep forever

Almost been working here for 2 years when they first opened and it had its problems but now it feels like a dream job for me. I love the people there and the work is really easy you just need to be quick.

Pros

Free coffee and all kinds of gear, loving and friendly staff :)

Cons

Gotta be outside in the weather which is not bad at all idc how cold or rainy

Fun workplace

A fun place to work with lots of high energy people. Can be stressful when busy, but ultimately enjoyable. Operation manager is amazing and shows true dutch love.

Dutch Bros Coffee insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Love the job

great job low pay and little hours. long training process but it helps overall when working in the stand on your own. shifts are 2-3 hours long and can be hard to pick up extra hours at times.

Fun workplace

Very fun place to work defiantly recommend if you're someone who enjoys socializing with friends and community. A fun fast paced environment so be prepared for long lines, and hot summers.

Fun workplace

Good place to work. Fun job. Decent management. They hire a lot of young people which has its pros and cons. Tips were alright and customers were cool.

Best company ever

Best company to work for hands down. Currently in a huge growth stage. Definitely impacting lives on the daily. Great work environment. Sometimes the work life balance can be off but overall it's about how you schedule yourself.

Fun and full of creative potential

Great managers and higher ups, freedom to create cool content. They are very down to listen and go your route in content creation. Makes the position a whole lot more enjoyable.

Hopefully it has changed since working there

when I worked there it was filled with drama. work is easy and customers are nice however bad managment trickled down and affected everything. Tips are better in the morning

Pros

easy work

Cons

drama

Typical day at work

Great and fun place to work at. You take orders or make drinks depending on the rotation they have in place. The energy is amazing as you go through rushes of customers and the music is always blasting.

Pros

Free drinks

Good if your young

Good company to work for if your still in highschool or don’t need to rely on your income to survive. Pay is low and tips are expected to make up for it which sometimes they do sometimes they don’t

Fun workplace, terrible play

Fun workplace but the pay is horrendous. You have to say you’re going to pursue dutch bros for life if you want to move up. Shop management is great, regionals suck.

I dont recommend

terrible management. pushed me out of their clique circle within days. I quit only a week after starting. You'd get free drinks though! I didn’t learn much when I was there, but I knew I wouldn’t be going back.

Cool summer job, not fun long term cause of young management

Work at dutch depends on what you put into it, to an extent. This job is extremely fun for a while but stay long enough and you'll know the issue with the company/stores. There is a disconnect between management and their employees often due to their age/experience. Even with nothing to improve they often won't move you up, or they're too immature to be able to communicate directly. No malice it just seems like everyone is a politician if they want to move up.

Pros

Good tips, mostly kind atmosphere, easy to take time off

Cons

Dramatic youthful people, management

Draining environment

You will likely enjoy the job for about a year and then grow tired of taking orders in extreme weather for hours, no breaks even on seven hour shifts or the toxic positivity

Productive and fun work space

They are a great place to work for if you are someone who is good at customer service. Being friendly and having a good attitude is a must, but it is a very positive place

Toxic Positivity, Flexible

Your experience will completely change depending on who’s running the shift as well as who you’re working with. They have a “leave it at the door” policy, meaning you will be frowned upon if you show any negative emotion. Management only gives promotions to those they are friends with/ most liked and never the people who actually do good work. They don’t care about you as a person. The job will burn you out. But it’s flexible with any schedule, short shifts and okay tips. If you get drained at all my social interaction or having to keep an upbeat attitude at all times, you will slowly start to hate the job. Take it from me and all my coworkers like me who left. There’s a reason there’s such a high turn over rate.

Fun but few hours

It’s a fun job but money isn’t that good unless you are a full time employee, They make you take tests about the coffee and you actually have to study.

Truly a company focused on helping you grow, If you actually listen.

This is the perfect FIRST job or fun job for someone fresh out of high school or college. If you seriously enjoy talking and meeting people, fast-paced environments, and challenging yourself, you will enjoy this job. The management is hit or miss. They are either great or I don't think should have a job there. Good culture and place to learn your strengths and weaknesses. You will learn as much as you are willing to.

Pros

Free merch, Good culture, Flexible

Cons

No breaks, Constant pressure to work, short-staffed, Low Pay

Good for learning

Good for learning. Be careful though, they try to sell a “family culture” to make you feel better about getting overworked and underpaid. By the end, I was so over it.

Dutch Brothers

This is a great position for a first job, college student, or second job. Dutch bros isn't for everyone, within the first couple of weeks you'll figure out whether or not you mesh well with the culture. An upbeat personality, love for loud music,and a combo of early mornings and late nights are a must. Pay isn't great However the perks will make up for it ( free drinks, dutch gear, concerts, incredible company parties/events). Keep in mind not all stands are the same and it can be difficult moving up. Get in good with management and it'll be smooth sailing. I've outgrown the company however former coworkers have grown to be life long friends.

Pros

Free drinks on shift, free Dutch gear, company discounts

Cons

Low pay, dutch bros has a type( most likely not you)

Amazing work environment and people

Best job I’ve ever had. Coworkers become family and your work never goes unnoticed. They have a great hiring system and amazing management. Hardest part about this job was getting hired, but even during the hiring process they treat you like family and help you through it! Great support system and overall amazing people!

Pros

Great coworkers and customers, tips, monthly shirts and hats, great management, flexible hours, holiday bonus’s

Cons

Not many health benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dutch Bros Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight