Dutch Wonderland Employee Reviews

Great place to gain customer service experience
Campground Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 26, 2018
Great place to gain customer service experience. The pace of the job is highly varied. Generally, you're either swamped with customers or have no one in the store.
Fun, Friendly and Helpful Enviorment
Food & Beverage Employee (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 8, 2018
My normal day would start with making sure the stand was clean, than prepping, and setting up the food for the day. Periodically through out the day I would make guest orders, take their orders handle the register, make sure the dining area was clean ensure that the kitchen and food prep area are clean as well.
Pros
Good foot old into the working force, Friendly & Fun work environment
Cons
Pay Wage is low, only Seasonal work avaliable
Second Home
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 25, 2018
You spend time sitting at your desk, but also in the park. Coworkers are more like family and are all members of a team. No two days are the same and everyone is willing to help each other out. In any department, you learn how to manage staff, manage a budget, and interact with guests.
Pros
Healthcare, Vacation/Holiday/Sick time
Fun, fast paste, good starting job for a teen
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2018
I had a lot of fun being around family and kids in Dutch Wonderland. Very fun environment, friendly, a lot of team work. It was a great first job for me, being only 14 of course and working in an amusement park is probably fun for anyone but it was only a starter job until finding something better being that I was still a student in school.
Pros
Free passes, discounts
Cons
Low salary
A fun, productive workplace with easy tasks
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 20, 2018
In my opinion, Dutch Wonderland was for me, a fun and easy working experience. Tasks were very simple, my managers were lively, compassionate people and most of all, you were always interacting with park guests and coworkers. This is a job i would recommend to any teen looking for a first job or adult looking for a fun and easy part-time.
Pros
Free tickets to the park and Hershey
Cons
Almost no benefits
Productive and fun work place
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 11, 2018
A typical day in the entertainment department consisted of coordinating shows, acting, dressing as the mascot, or accompanying the mascot around the grounds.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Dealing with unruly children
Fun place
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 27, 2017
Dutch Wonderland was a great first job as a teenager. The opportunity for advancement was a perk. Overall, I enjoyed my experience there in the games and retail department.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Good job
Cafe attendant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 9, 2017
It is a good job for starters young teens looking for a first time job or a sunmer gig. I appreciate the opportunity given by them and I would recommend that other young teens would go and begin a career here.
Awful Place
Waiter/Host (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 23, 2017
They are a terrible company, the environment was awful, the managers constantly changed things and never trained anyone then would get upset when you did exactly what you were told.
It was slow
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 17, 2017
Not many hours and it was slow and boring and honestly I didn't really like working there but it was good as it lasted but the supervisors were nice and the mangers
Pros
There wasn't much to do
Cons
It was boring

Want to know more about Dutch Wonderland?

Ask a question
Great first job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed it a lot for a first job. Friendly employees as well as management. Great benefits when it came to the park as well as parks that worked with the company.
Nice Place to work
Retail Assistant Supervisor/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 21, 2017
Learn how to evolve in a workplace, management is alright, easy to get hired. You get to choose what department you would like to work in. Working outside in all weather conditions through summer into winter. Considered a seasonal job so there are no benefits or overtime which is a negative quality of the job.
Everyone is happy there, never a bad time
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 15, 2017
This was my first job and it taught me how to deal with multiple people in very stressful moments. Good environment to be in, always a smiling child near by, which makes your day better.
Pros
Cheerfull and happy enviroment, smiling children
Cons
working in the middle of the day
Go to work do my job and get out
Customer Service/ Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 2, 2017
Dutch Wonder was a fun place for the most part! But when I was working at an Ride operator they didn't give you enough water. Also they take a long time to give you a restroom break. But the thing I love the most of Dutch Wonderland is that you meet all different kind of people
Pros
Friends
Cons
Heat
Great people to work with
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 30, 2017
A typical day is operating rides while interacting with park guests. I defhave nicely learned how to talk to people.best management ever. Hardest part of the job would be the insanely hot weather most days. Best part is making veryones day enjoyable.
Pros
Interaction with so many people
Cons
Hot weather
Good part time/seasonal
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 5, 2017
Good if you need a part time job; or something for just the summer. Not a good department of you have don't like working alone. Outside in the elements all day. Standing for a long periods of time. Bathroom breaks can take anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour to get there.
Pros
Making children's day, reciprocal program
Cons
Long response to bathroom breaks
Young
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 19, 2017
Was my first job & I was young, hours was terrible & so was the pay. But it was a good first experience I guess. Made me realize I like working with people.
Fun place to work
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 10, 2017
This job here is like working in a wonderland. Fun to say the least. Lot's of entertainment while your working and everyone having a good time. Meet people from all around the world.
Pros
Meet people
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Very fun place to work.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I would train new employees on how to operate the rides and the safety measures. Then I would report to my Ride that I was to run for that day. Clean the ride and make sure everyone is safe.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 10, 2016
With this job , i had many different duties and we was never at the same place , i would cook the food and I would also cashier and clean up through out the day and work on the dinning walking around and talking to customers and cleaning and just interacting with everyone
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Expensive lunch