Dutchess Community College Employee Reviews

a rewarding position
Clinical Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 26, 2018
worked with a diverse group of individuals to assist them with the core content of nursing. the most enjoyable part was watching them excel and pass..
Pros
close to home
Cons
evening clinical ended
Great place to work with students.
Adjunct Instructor/Professional Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 13, 2018
My boss was excellent and able to help all of us and develop our skills teaching ASL to various of students. Great students to work with and able to see them grow and prosper.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Must work at nights and evenings
Temporary work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 11, 2018
I was there as adjunct. It was nice working with students. The most enjoyable part of the job is when students write instructor evaluations and say some nice words about you.
Unprofessional Place to Work
Development and Database Assistant (Former Employee) –  PoughkeepsieFebruary 2, 2018
Very unprofessional. I did not enjoy working for DCC. There was favoritism and the mission was ignored. I felt as if I worked for a popularity contest. The current Director of the Foundation is spiteful and vindictive.
Productive learning experience
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Meet new students ready to start their education.

A great stepping stone to show opportunities to students for their future careers.

Very convenient and helps everyone who attends this institution.
Easy
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 20, 2017
Very easy job, relaxed, get homework done, flexible schedules, minimum wage pay, great experience, get good references, no paid time off, but can always call out with almost no notice since you are just help
Decent job for a student that wants to get involve or develop his/her skills
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 14, 2017
They give you a flexible work hours according to your free time. They understand and support you with your schools problems. They have study hall for staff member to help you improve you academic GPA.
Cons
No Benefits
A very pleasant place to work.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 30, 2017
The office staff in the continuing education department are very supportive and cooperative. I find the management very efficient and courteous. The hardest part of the job is navigating the campus which is built on a hill. The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual teaching of the students.
Cons
great place to work to help lean the basic about been a receptionist
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 1, 2017
working at Dutchess Community College is a good place but there isn't a lot of work hours, therefore the job couldn't help me to pay my expenses. And working 14-20 hours a week was not enough
Cons
not enough work hours
Great experience
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
It was a challenging posiiton for me. Training students to use various lab equipment was to say, an experience. It showed me how much I take for granted what I have been doing my career life. It was a fun situation dealing with different age groups and personalities
Good Place to Work
HSE Instructor/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 24, 2017
I love the connection that it provides to the community but there is not much room for advancement based on the department that we work in. In the community services department as instructors, we can only work 25 hours a week. We do receive benefits and it is hard to get promotions to the credit side of the DCC.
Pros
flexible schedule, nice hourly wage
Cons
No benefits and no room for advancement
Working at Dutchess
Warehouse Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12603June 11, 2017
A typical day working at Dutchess meant coming in and getting down to business. If your a fast worker there is a lot of down time until more work came your way ( atleast my position). I learned how to put data into the computer for storage purposes, as well as all the locations in which to retrieve and place items around the campus. Management were always fun and chilled, as long as you were getting the work complete at a efficient time. The work place was diverse and open. The most enjoyable part about my job was just being around co-workers helping out, they were like a family in a sense and took please being there to lend a helping hand.
Great job to have in between classes.
Academic Services Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 3, 2017
If you have long breaks in between classes this is a productive way to spend your time and make money. It is a great way to get your foot in the door and make connections with professors and advisors.
Pros
Great way to make connections.
Cons
The job usually ends when your graduate.
Dcc
Instructional Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 5, 2017
Give a start in the information services job market, It was good place to work, with some good people. Being a State run part time job, I had no benefits, this make life rough.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
no benefits as part time employee at the time I worked there
Teaching
PMCC CODING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 10, 2017
I am able to teach students at all levels and help to improve their current position. The school is very accommodating in the scheduling of the classes
clr\ean palce to learn and work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 6, 2017
very productive workplace friendly environment to work. we meet every morning to discuss issues over night before to take on early morning issue to resolve.
Pros
free paring
Cons
not enought time in a day.
All in all I had a great experience as a tutor.
Student tutor in Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 2, 2017
It can be a fun place to work at. As a tutor, I would wait until the student showed up then tutor them in anatomy and physiology. If the student didn't show up for the appointment, I made note of it and let my supervisor know. I had a great time with the students I tutored and they appreciated me for helping them understand the material. Loved my supervisor, she was the best. All in all I had a great experience as a tutor at Dutchess.
Boring place to work
Student receptionist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601November 11, 2016
It was a college work study job. Long hours. Manager was like a dictator. Wasnt fun. Being cordial felt forced. Very uncomfortable environment.
Pros
Was able to work around classes
Cons
Favortism towards certain employees
Not Bad for a first job
High School Equivalency Instructor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 25, 2016
I began working at DCC as a TA for HSE classes and eventually progressed to being an instructor. The student population can be challenging at times, but overall, most are good kids. Employer support varies based on funding, and at times, it is difficult to get needed materials. Job expectations are unrealistic at times given the realities of our student population.
Pros
Good work schedule
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Very laid back job.
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 17, 2016
This was a good, reliable job. It didn't pay much, but with how convenient it was, it was definitely worth it.