Duty Free Americas Employee Reviews in Hollywood, FL

Assistant
Pay Roll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 1, 2019
I mostly just filed papers and placed peoples information on the computer. I did office work like shred papers and double check information before being submitted.
Productive, and Collaborative
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 16, 2018
Every summer I have interned for this company I have learned various programs and techniques. Everyone is so helpful, and teamwork is a given. I will say the hours can extend than 8 hours but you never have a dull moment in the marketing department. The department makes you feel comfortable and doesn't mind explaining things to you.
Toxic Environment
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 7, 2017
Stressful corporate environment where management just tries to fear you into working. Threatens you and just generally treats everyone poorly. Would avoid this location at all costs. Corporate location is generally toxic and the destructive management style just poor down throughout all the branches of this company.
Very good relations with all the workers and customers
International Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FL, USAFebruary 1, 2017
I like to Exhibit our Products at the International Trade Shows , and the main one are in Orlando, Cannes and also in Singapore.
This is the way that we build our International Network with all our customers, and I like my job very much, traveling and selling our Products,...our customers became very good friends during all these years.
Pros
Healthcare, Trips, New chalenges
Great atmosphere and support.
I.T Support (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 24, 2016
A typical day consist of opening and balancing of the stores in the morning in order for operations to run smoothly throughout the day. I have learned that a day without learning is a day wasted. By far the best management team I have had the pleasure to work with. Absolutely no complaints. This goes as well for my fellow co workers, who have been more of a real team. The hardest part of the job is running across a job that may seem at time, impossible. However, I have also learned that no job has been impossible without the support of my team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge that I acquire and have acquired on a daily basis.
Pros
Learning and advancing is encouraged.
Cons
Advancement is more difficult in this company.
Great working environment
Senior Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 4, 2016
I thrive on learning new techniques and strategizing daily and this company allows me the opportunity to manage large-scale budgets, work cross-functionally across all departments, and be an integral part of the profitability and product offerings in an industry that which I have tremendous passion and motivation to excel and outperform the vast competition.
IT`S a fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 30, 2014
I enjoy working at Duty Free Americas, I people of different culture and it gave me the ability to work with people from different culture,I learn something from everyone I meet.
Ok place to work
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FlDecember 10, 2012
I enjoyed the first six years, working with all the EFT accounts, enter all invoices in Retek and then three way match and then upload the invoices to Oracle. We would do a weekly check run. I started off with about 25 accounts, invoices come in daily. My manager was very nice, she a left the company about two years ago. The new manager was not nice at all. Allot of people started leaving the company and they were not replacing the staff. By the time I left Duty Free I had about 60 accounts with invoices coming in everyday.
Pros
you could come in different times in the morning
Cons
healthcare