Duty Free Americas Employee Reviews in Miami, FL

No productive
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2019
The worst place and company I have ever worked before. They don’t care about employees as much you work it’s worst The payment it’s ridiculous and you will never receive a raise.
productive
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 11, 2019
It gave me the ability to work doing many thinks at once getting good results ,also the opportunity to meet new brands and give me more knowledge of what I like to do.
Good atmosphere
Store General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 26, 2019
Its a good atmosphere to work in. The passengers are usually happy they're either coming home or going home or on vacation and you get a chance to work with very good associates and Managers
Pros
Good training
Cons
Salary
productive and fun environment
Sale Associate and Support/ Retail (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 22, 2018
Working at Duty Free is very productive because you get to learn things that will benefit your life personally and professionally. It is very competitive and it helps one to give the better of oneself everyday.
Awful Place to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33126August 30, 2018
This company doesn't offer any benefits at all. The environment was very hostile. Unethical behavior from almost all the employees. people were caught stealing all the time.
Cons
This company no benefits at all.
The job was a great experience but they wasn’t willing to work with you on any mis happens. The pay rate for a supervisor
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2018
The job had great experience and ways to build excellent skills . Learning how to work with people from all over . Knowing the difference and the flight and packages . Being able to coach more when it came to that would’ve help understand more of the concept of it .
Store Supervisor at DFA in Miami
Store Manager/Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2018
The worst place and company I have ever worked before. They don’t care about employees as much you work it’s worst . If you are lazy , lier , non professional this is your work place The payment it’s ridiculous and you will never receive a raise.
Don't expect praise from anyone
Visual Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 3, 2018
This is a fast-pace job with little acknowledgment from the upper management. They do not praise you for your work but will chastise you fro any mistakes made. There isn't much to be said about the workload as it isn't steady but there is always something to do in the 12+ stores. The best part of the job are all the events that are set up in the stores that change every 15 days.
Pros
Benefits, hours, location
Cons
lack of management approval
Working at duty free
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2018
the company was not great there was no way of moving up .everyone has a different pay .you can be doing the most work in the store and still make the least .there are 3 positions in the store .but if your a male employee they will make you work all tree .not letting you make sales and at the same time they will write you up for not making sales.you are a replaceable employee in this company
Pros
Cons
no moving up in this company
Buen ambiente
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 18, 2018
Se trabaja bien no es demasiado agotador pero se gana poco
a s**thole
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Unstable schedules, favoritism between the upper management. If you are looking for a place that you wont grow ever in the company, and be stock for life, this is your company.

Only apply if this is your last resource
competitive and fast-paced environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2017
A typical day at work involves helping foreign customers purchase products that suit their needs while traveling. I have learned how to multitask, supervise, and lead a team of sales individuals to meet or exceed their sales goals while providing great customer service. From a management perspective, I have perfected my supervisory skills while maintaining a sound workplace culture that instills reliance and confidence among all employees. The hardest part of my job is waking up at 3am to be at work by 4:30am. Other days I work in the afternoon. This throws my sleeping schedule completely out of control every week. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers who are in a hurry to find that product while rushing in and out of flights.
Productive and hardest job
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Free Zone, Miami Fl, 33126December 14, 2017
Productive day, and hardest job, the most enjoyable part of the job, and i learned each day in the work place, like how to improve each day in the compamy.
have the opportunity to meet many people from all over the world
Senior support supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2017
Asus support supervisor you are granted the opportunity to work with people who are from all over the world. Also you have this feeling that you're working with family always a warm greeting every time you clock in
Pros
Chance to meet new people everyday
Cons
Lunch break is only about 30 minutes
stressful place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2017
Greet customers who enter the establishment and answer the questions of the latter about, for example, products and services.
Count the money in the box to ensure that the amounts are correct and that there is enough change.
Establish or identify the prices of goods, services or admission, as well as tabulate and total invoices
Pros
a good place
Depending who you work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2017
It can be a fun place to work if you don't let things get to you. It can be a hostile and childish place to work. People are very competitive and cut throat. There wasn't much respect while i was there.
Pros
you meet all kinds of people
Cons
people you work with can be horrible
Buena
Receiving (Former Employee) –  1800 nw 70 ave miami flSeptember 24, 2017
Es una empresa competitiva el salario es muy bajo ok
Pros
El seguro es bien caro no se corresponde con el salario
Cons
No se le brinda a los empleados hacer overtime cuando se requiere
Good company
Courier/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2017
Working at duty free of american was a fun and enoying place to work, you meet alot of people around the world. my typical day goes well once I clock in to work i go striaght to my duties, I gather my packages from the cahsiers and make sure i get them to the flights on time. I learned how to become responsible, I supervised my staff to deliver the customers items on time. I can say this is a good job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
good break time, good health benefits
I love this job
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2017
This work for me is fantastic. I love to help customers working in full harmony, a cheerful atmosphere, is for me one of my best experiences was in this company
Very Productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2017
The little amount of i was there was good very happy Very stable job and exciting to be around customers where in and out always very exiciting place to work