Duty Free Americas Employee Reviews for Cashier

No creation involved
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 17, 2017
Fast paced usually. Immediate manager very pleasant. Late hours to commute in a not very nice area. No rotation of schedules. How to accept different types of currency.
Pros
Nothing was for free.
Cons
Short breaks . Insurance was not the best.
stressful place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2017
Greet customers who enter the establishment and answer the questions of the latter about, for example, products and services.
Count the money in the box to ensure that the amounts are correct and that there is enough change.
Establish or identify the prices of goods, services or admission, as well as tabulate and total invoices
Pros
a good place
Depending who you work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2017
It can be a fun place to work if you don't let things get to you. It can be a hostile and childish place to work. People are very competitive and cut throat. There wasn't much respect while i was there.
Pros
you meet all kinds of people
Cons
people you work with can be horrible
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2016
I have learned how to communicate with people that do not speak my language. All of my co-workers are so friendly, when ones does not know something ones could ask and they will teach you or explain you.
Extremely diversified work environment
Cashier Suoervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaApril 18, 2015
Duty Free is a multi-million dollar retail company. It serves a very large, diverse group of people through-out the Atlanta Airport. A typical day at duty free is being able to multi-task in a fast past environment and maintain store appearance when business slows down. Having the ability to supervise over 20 employees ensuring the company has coverage throughout the day as well as scheduling, and issuing breaks. I have learned a lot about managing a company and supervising large groups of people. I have also learned more about face to face customer service in a more diverse environment. Management have a lot on their plate through-out the day and it is imperative that I am able to assist with minimal supervision and with co-workers teamwork and communication is most important. The hardest part of the job would be communication because it is such a busy operation. The most enjoyable part is both customer satisfaction and making a difference in the company on a day to day basis.
Retail, very busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Fast paced environment. constantly working, very little downtime, meeting a diverse group of people from around the world.
IT`S a fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 30, 2014
I enjoy working at Duty Free Americas, I people of different culture and it gave me the ability to work with people from different culture,I learn something from everyone I meet.
Get you trew the day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2014
Meet new people from different country and learn all international flights this is thw most enjoyable part of the job most of the co-worker are very nice .Most haer part of the job is the language b
Urial as the management team not enough

Coverge
Pros
Break 15 min
Cons
Lunch 45 mins
A great place to gain work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calexico, CAJanuary 31, 2013
When i worked at Ueta, it was a great place to work, everyone is very nice, from the cashiers to the supervisors they really help you learn and understand what hard work is.
Pros
great work enviroment, co-workers
Cons
temporary job
Very stressful job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAOctober 21, 2012
Customer Service, Checking customers orders, helping in sales, delivering the packages in the gate on time.