Duty Free Americas Culture reviews

productive and fun environment
Sale Associate and Support/ Retail (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 22, 2018
Working at Duty Free is very productive because you get to learn things that will benefit your life personally and professionally. It is very competitive and it helps one to give the better of oneself everyday.
Fun workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2018
Everything is neat and in order. Everything what will happen and will be done have proper guides and rules. yet is fun to interact with other coworkers and customers.
Enjoyed working here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria Bay, NYOctober 9, 2018
Loved working here and met some great people! Although i was not trained properly i learned from others which was great to be part of a team. Management saw my strong leadership skills and used me as a trainer which helped boost company sales of company items for commissions
Product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2018
Had a fun time learning about all the products. It was also fun working with the co-workers, we had a good time. Very outgoing people and easy to work with
Pros
Learned more about personal products
Cons
Not very willing to work with schedule
Great job
Cahsier/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIApril 4, 2018
This is a good place to work. the people are friendly. There is no real hard part about this job. the most enjoyable part about this job is your co-workers.
competitive and fast-paced environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2017
A typical day at work involves helping foreign customers purchase products that suit their needs while traveling. I have learned how to multitask, supervise, and lead a team of sales individuals to meet or exceed their sales goals while providing great customer service. From a management perspective, I have perfected my supervisory skills while maintaining a sound workplace culture that instills reliance and confidence among all employees. The hardest part of my job is waking up at 3am to be at work by 4:30am. Other days I work in the afternoon. This throws my sleeping schedule completely out of control every week. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers who are in a hurry to find that product while rushing in and out of flights.
Productive and hardest job
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Free Zone, Miami Fl, 33126December 14, 2017
Productive day, and hardest job, the most enjoyable part of the job, and i learned each day in the work place, like how to improve each day in the compamy.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 8, 2017
Retail sales job environment. Training by vendors was outstanding. Workplace culture is mature and relaxed. No hard parts on this job. Working here was a joy everyday.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, benefirts/compensation
Cons
life/work balance
This place is for someone who is in high school or is at a complacent time in their life. I can only go off my experience, and we are all different.
Luxury Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2017
This place is for someone who is in high school or who is at a complacent time in their life. I can only go off my experience, and we are all different.
Pros
You meet different cultures and learn the product of luxury items.
Cons
No job advancement, they don't communicate well, and they expect you to do so much and show no appreciation.
Depending who you work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2017
It can be a fun place to work if you don't let things get to you. It can be a hostile and childish place to work. People are very competitive and cut throat. There wasn't much respect while i was there.
Pros
you meet all kinds of people
Cons
people you work with can be horrible
Great
Runner (Former Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 19, 2017
I loved working here
Good people
You meet new people everyday.
Everyone is always welcoming and nice
Management was amazing, I still have relationships with a few managers.
Good productive and comfortable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  sumas waSeptember 7, 2017
A typical day at work was filled with surprised.
I learned that a lot of different type of people travel across borders.
Management was good.
My most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and continuing the bond.
Pros
close distance
Cons
wage
Fast Paced environment
STORE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Excellent Job Culture to work and learn together.
They have the Corporate Guidance and Support, i would definitely recommend this place to a friend.
Great working environment.
Pros
Sales, Employee Support.
Cons
Low pay
Loved this job, until it went to mostly commission only.
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2017
I loved working here; the people, the environment, and the job itself. There wasn't much room for advancement. Management changed after I left the job because I was moving to where there was not a location. Overall, I loved this job out of all the jobs I had and I miss it.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Little to no advancement
I love this job
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2017
This work for me is fantastic. I love to help customers working in full harmony, a cheerful atmosphere, is for me one of my best experiences was in this company
Would not recommebd DFA to anyone
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 29, 2017
Store Manager's position at Duty Free Americas was a great job.
However upper management was the cause of all the problems at this location.

The workplace culture was a nightmare. If upper management did not like you they made you like a nightmare even working 95 hrs every 2 weeks. While other managers who they favored did not even work the hours they were suppose to.

I could go on but I do not have anything nice to say about this company
Pros
Working with my co store manager.
Cons
General Manager
Productive and fun work place
Runner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
One of the best jobs I ever had great benefits great people to work with and you're always meeting someone new even celebrities this is a great job if you love being around people
Fun Place
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Fun place to work and relate to a great amount of people everyday. Enormous amount of customers daily. Challenging environment since the airport is a fast pace place to work. Friendly co workers and difficult culture.
Pros
shifts from 5 am to 11 pm
Cons
Poor top management
Very fun people to work with
Direct sales (Former Employee) –  Massena, NY 13662December 21, 2016
A typical work day consisted of a ton of stocking and inventory. The management was always helpful if questions needed to be asked. the co workers are friendly and great people who want to see nothing more than success.
Very great environment to work, great co-workers.
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami International Airport, Miami FL.December 15, 2016
I enjoy working there because i like to interact with people, learning from different cultures. At Miami International Airport, it's a really great opportunity to meet the world and make the last impression on all our customers including all tourist in order for them to leave the country with an open heart and smile on their faces.
Pros
Birthday celebration