Duty Free Americas Employee Reviews

Lots of red tape
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYNovember 10, 2016
Management always making arbitrary rules, and periodically forcing them on the associates, good associates working but the management is lost. Cool work environment but would not recommend
Muy bien él ambiente laboral
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Warehouse MiamiNovember 8, 2016
La empresa se respira un buen ambiente laboral sólo que él salario mínimo
Pros
Bajo salario
moderate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2016
I learned to multitask, have an awesome positive day while working. Mangers are very helpful, co-workers are friendly. Having an angry customer, putting a smile on the customer face.
Duty-free America's is a great company
Sr.dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2016
Working at Duty-free America's is place where you see and learned different things because it's the miami international airport you meet different people every day.
Great atmosphere and support.
I.T Support (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 24, 2016
A typical day consist of opening and balancing of the stores in the morning in order for operations to run smoothly throughout the day. I have learned that a day without learning is a day wasted. By far the best management team I have had the pleasure to work with. Absolutely no complaints. This goes as well for my fellow co workers, who have been more of a real team. The hardest part of the job is running across a job that may seem at time, impossible. However, I have also learned that no job has been impossible without the support of my team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge that I acquire and have acquired on a daily basis.
Pros
Learning and advancing is encouraged.
Cons
Advancement is more difficult in this company.
Large amount of products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2016
There is a large amount of products that are sold in the store. There are many different types of cultural people that pass through the store. Lots of fun.
Pros
Personalities
Cons
Non English speaking customers
worse company, EVER!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2016
This company or rather this carnival, has zero redeeming values. Lousy pay (no raises, bonuses, promotions), lousy benefits and a turnover rate that exceeds that of McDonald's. You live under the constant.threat of being fired. Senior management both locally and at the corporate office spend a good part of each day watching cameras to see what minor infractiom they can use to justify termination. Furthermore, they are as insencere as the day is long. Horrible is too soft an adjective. Gross from top to bottom
Pros
all you have to do is show up for interview and you're hired.
Cons
absolutely everything else
laid back work setting
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2016
Come to work as a team , on time ready to work. Open to personal problems out sided of work place. Warehouse area with a office business feel , management helps make the job easy.
Pros
paid days off
Cons
no overtime
Everything was done efficiently
Sales Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 20, 2016
Working at DFA I have learned many things, I strongly believe it enhanced my people skills enormously, Due to the fact that DFA and my current job are both placed in JFK airport I have learned to work and service different cultures. I have also learned to work in a very fast pace environment. Management there are very understanding and work with your personal request and find was to meet with your request. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell or explain products to customers who dont speak the same language as me.
Pros
discounts
Cons
salary
Nice working place
STORE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTJuly 27, 2016
DFA stores are a very busy place all day long serving travelers around the world offering a variety of products at lower prices. Besides the regular daily tasks every day is different according to events set for promotions of international well known brand names of perfume, liquors, tobacco, and luxury items such as watches, handbags, and chocolates. Working for them gives you an opportunity to learn about the products they sell, through events for their employees in order to know all the facts about the products, backing up your acknowledgements that will be an asset for the performance of your duties when assisting customers in their purchases. The environment regarding co-workers play as a team fighting in pro to keep their assigned store as the best. Managment no comment at all. Considering the hard part of the job will depends in how, or what you may consider HARD. And the most enjoyable
part was to share the daily operations with co-workers.
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
Management has no regard for anyone
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 9, 2016
At first the job was okay. Little to no problems but as time went on people (management) starts to become disrespectful. They have little to no regard or respect for their employees. Hey don't know how to talk to people. People have literally hurt themselves and refused to go home for fear of being terminated for the pettiest reasons. They also don't have raises unless you apply for a different job in the company. The only good thing is that you meet new people everyday because you work in the airport. All in all its a terrible and hostile environment to work in.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks, Disrespectful Management
Good wrk place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2016
This job location was at the MIA Airport which make very difficult getting back and from work, my co-worker where very good people to get alone with. This job does not give raises very little to look forward to.
Pros
The start pay is good
Cons
No pay raises
Great working environment
Senior Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 4, 2016
I thrive on learning new techniques and strategizing daily and this company allows me the opportunity to manage large-scale budgets, work cross-functionally across all departments, and be an integral part of the profitability and product offerings in an industry that which I have tremendous passion and motivation to excel and outperform the vast competition.
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Midnight) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 2, 2016
A typical night at work is busy counting and customer service.

I learned how to manage my shift better with a heavy work load
Management is amazing.

The hardest part of my job is the midnight shift hours.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my team achieve our goals.
Pros
Great employee dinning room
Cons
Health Care Very Exspensive
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2016
I have learned how to communicate with people that do not speak my language. All of my co-workers are so friendly, when ones does not know something ones could ask and they will teach you or explain you.
ok place to work but dont appreciate a hard working
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 29, 2016
it has its good and bad i just think i go into work cause i love customers and meet new people but the they company can do better i love what i do i just think they could show more good then always pointing out the bad...
They work well with your schedule,Love it !
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2016
I Enjoyed this job. The interview was the best I've ever had. I recommend this job to anyone. Wish there was a Duty Free Everywhere.
Pros
They understand and work with you.
Cons
No Duty Free store where i relocated to.
very easy job, fun to work there
Vendor Representative/ Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2016
The job is very easy, selling luxury brands perfume, cosmetics and treatment, every day more or less the same. Get to meet a lot of new people and from time to time some celebrities.
Travel Retail
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
It was a beautiful luxury retail store located at Atlanta International Airport. Meet people from all around the world. Loved interacting with my co workers. always met the company sales goal and gain great commission.
work on my own schedule
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 20, 2016
made my own schedule, no one over my shoulder. Did not provide as much materials to work with as I would expect.
Sales goal expectations were achievable. Not much communication with Executives. But over all enjoy what I do and am very comfortable with my results.