Duty Free Americas Employee Reviews

competitive and fast-paced environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2017
A typical day at work involves helping foreign customers purchase products that suit their needs while traveling. I have learned how to multitask, supervise, and lead a team of sales individuals to meet or exceed their sales goals while providing great customer service. From a management perspective, I have perfected my supervisory skills while maintaining a sound workplace culture that instills reliance and confidence among all employees. The hardest part of my job is waking up at 3am to be at work by 4:30am. Other days I work in the afternoon. This throws my sleeping schedule completely out of control every week. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers who are in a hurry to find that product while rushing in and out of flights.
They ite. Nothing more nothing less.
WAREHOUSE STOCK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  145 Hook Creek Blvd, Valley Stream, NYDecember 22, 2017
Its not the most AMAZING job in the world. but least you get by with it. Not a job you want to stay in forever, but it does make a great "stepping stone" or place holder while you figure out what will be your next big move.
Pros
People you work with are chill, Consistent hours, Not too hectic with atmosphere
Cons
shifts feel like a drag, "same old song and dance" feel everyday
Learn new things and helpful management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 20, 2017
I learn lots of things about customer services in here specially my manager and supervisors are very cooperative and very helpful with there staff and treat then very nicely.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare
Productive and hardest job
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Free Zone, Miami Fl, 33126December 14, 2017
Productive day, and hardest job, the most enjoyable part of the job, and i learned each day in the work place, like how to improve each day in the compamy.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 8, 2017
Retail sales job environment. Training by vendors was outstanding. Workplace culture is mature and relaxed. No hard parts on this job. Working here was a joy everyday.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, benefirts/compensation
Cons
life/work balance
Toxic Environment
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 7, 2017
Stressful corporate environment where management just tries to fear you into working. Threatens you and just generally treats everyone poorly. Would avoid this location at all costs. Corporate location is generally toxic and the destructive management style just poor down throughout all the branches of this company.
Good part time job...that's it
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2017
I worked at this establishment for 2 very stressful years due to favortism, constant bickering among employees and managers. The managers was always working together with certain employees to get other employees terminated. And the biggest issue is they have no grace period and you are always at adversity to get to work on time you have to come from the domestic side of the airport all the way to the international side of the airport , To be honest all the headaches you have to put up with does not match your compensation whatsoever.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
No grace period, cutthroat evironment
Awful people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WADecember 5, 2017
I worked there as a seasonal employee, and they constantly insulted me to my face. They fired me because of my mental health after my house burned down. When I asked if I should finish out my shift, the manager said they could care less. I have never been so disrespected in my life.
Expect extra work
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  JFKNovember 18, 2017
When I came in you will be put to work from start to finish. If you say you can't do something for your manger when you're busy with what you're supposed to do, they will try to get you in trouble.
Fun Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  S Ozone Park, NYNovember 5, 2017
It was fun when you had to go to class because you would return knowing what we are selling and how to sell. Some managers are great the work with and its a fast pace job.
Pros
easy to sell
Cons
no good benefits
have the opportunity to meet many people from all over the world
Senior support supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2017
Asus support supervisor you are granted the opportunity to work with people who are from all over the world. Also you have this feeling that you're working with family always a warm greeting every time you clock in
Pros
Chance to meet new people everyday
Cons
Lunch break is only about 30 minutes
Good company, poor shift management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIOctober 25, 2017
Most shifts consist of maintaining store appearance and cleanliness, i.e. stocking liquor/tobacco and general merchandise, as well as cleaning the store and restrooms. Upper management is great, they work around other schedules and try as best they can to give you shifts you want and day off requested, Very poor lower management.
This place is for someone who is in high school or is at a complacent time in their life. I can only go off my experience, and we are all different.
Luxury Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2017
This place is for someone who is in high school or who is at a complacent time in their life. I can only go off my experience, and we are all different.
Pros
You meet different cultures and learn the product of luxury items.
Cons
No job advancement, they don't communicate well, and they expect you to do so much and show no appreciation.
No creation involved
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 17, 2017
Fast paced usually. Immediate manager very pleasant. Late hours to commute in a not very nice area. No rotation of schedules. How to accept different types of currency.
Pros
Nothing was for free.
Cons
Short breaks . Insurance was not the best.
stressful place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2017
Greet customers who enter the establishment and answer the questions of the latter about, for example, products and services.
Count the money in the box to ensure that the amounts are correct and that there is enough change.
Establish or identify the prices of goods, services or admission, as well as tabulate and total invoices
Pros
a good place
Depending who you work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2017
It can be a fun place to work if you don't let things get to you. It can be a hostile and childish place to work. People are very competitive and cut throat. There wasn't much respect while i was there.
Pros
you meet all kinds of people
Cons
people you work with can be horrible
Buena
Receiving (Former Employee) –  1800 nw 70 ave miami flSeptember 24, 2017
Es una empresa competitiva el salario es muy bajo ok
Pros
El seguro es bien caro no se corresponde con el salario
Cons
No se le brinda a los empleados hacer overtime cuando se requiere
Great
Runner (Former Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 19, 2017
I loved working here
Good people
You meet new people everyday.
Everyone is always welcoming and nice
Management was amazing, I still have relationships with a few managers.
Good company
Courier/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2017
Working at duty free of american was a fun and enoying place to work, you meet alot of people around the world. my typical day goes well once I clock in to work i go striaght to my duties, I gather my packages from the cahsiers and make sure i get them to the flights on time. I learned how to become responsible, I supervised my staff to deliver the customers items on time. I can say this is a good job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
good break time, good health benefits
Good productive and comfortable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  sumas waSeptember 7, 2017
A typical day at work was filled with surprised.
I learned that a lot of different type of people travel across borders.
Management was good.
My most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and continuing the bond.
Pros
close distance
Cons
wage