Dwelling Place of Grand Rapids

Dwelling Place of Grand Rapids Employee Reviews

Easier to keep them
Company’s will eventually/hopefully wake up to the fact that it’s better to work with good employees to keep them than continuously ,shop for employees in a never ending loop of less dedicated ones .
section 8 housing
Building I worked in was nasty, trashy people lived there, bed bugs in apts, Oder of weed in hallways all the time, gang members lived there, I moved a bed once to get at an outlet and there was a hand gun under the bed, come to find out a felon was living there. Not the safest place to be if you got called in at night,
Pros
I left
Cons
Yes they lived there!!!
Say one thing when you mean another
This is a review not by an employee but a job seeker who was turn down by them for a maintenance job reason for it was not enough experience they said when I know people who work there who have 0 experience in maintenance I have 5 years experience now why would they give this reason instead of the truth whatever the truth my be is because the truth would probably get them sued
Passionate, mission drive organization
Most departments have opportunities for advancement because the organization is constantly growing. Staff, from top down, are welcoming and generally understanding of different situations. There is a vibrant work culture with opportunities to get involved outside of your department. Great benefits...paid time up increases with the number of years at the organization. I go to work everyday, loving my job and how I am able to impact the communities and residents that we serve
The company has a great mission.
They have grown too fast and tend to forget to about the current properties that have been struggling. They don't have enough employees to accommodate the work load required at each property.
Good Company
Learning opportunities provided at various occassions. The company is constaintly growing and job opportunities at various locations are being offered everyday.
Pros
Various locations throughout Grand Rapids and surrounding areas
Cons
May have to relocate or commute
I love working with my cowokers; very diverse population that I work with.
I work with a very diverse population of clients who may have mental and physical disabilities, alcoholism, substance abuse, and homelessness. The population I work with can be a challenge everyday, but I learn something new about the population that I work with everyday.

Treating individuals with respect and dignity is the key to success when working in customer service.
Dwelling Place has a great & enthusiatic mission, providing affordable housing to many while bringing life back to historical buildings.
No two days are the same. Provide support to onsite staff, while keeping owners apprised to monthly occupancy, financial reporting and goals moving forward.

Complete month end reports for each property, assisting accounting department to meet government deadlines.

Weekly payable submissions, submitting payroll of staff bi-weekly.

Conduct regular curb appeal reports and tasks.

Assist in planning of charity events, decorating and working the events.
Pros
Most properties are located in downtown Grand Rapids.
Cons
No retirement plan.
Years Wasted
I worked for Dwelling Place of Grand Rapids for years. Dwelling Place does not pay you want your worth. They claim that they can afford to give raises due to the economy. But yet and still they continue to build, and remodel buildings. They also do not promote with in with company as far as lower level positions are concerned and it doesn't matter if you have a degree or not. They also dont care about the safety of their staff. Their buildings have drugs,threatening residents to staff and they could careless.
Pros
stable schedule and hours, personal, sick, and vacation days ( whether your full or part time) pretty laid back
Cons
no advancements, properties are not safe, no raises
Unprofessional
Dwelling Place of Grand Rapids hired me to work part time, but scheduled me for full time hours. They refused to pay me benefits because I was a part time employee. They did allow time to take care of family needs because of a FMLA request.
Pros
hours
Cons
no advancement and using employees
Well...
A decent place to work, but the company is eliminating its entire security staff and outsourcing to another company in the next month or two.