DXC Technology Employee Reviews

Found 752 reviews matching the search See all 1,666 reviews
Inefficient and outdated
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2018
DXC is a the type of place that makes you appreciate the next place you will work... promises they don't keep and expectations that are unreasonable and callous.
Productive work place but not helpful management
Programmer analyst (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYNovember 20, 2018
DXC Technology worries more about share holders than their employees. Hardly we have seen any hike in our salary during past 3 years.
As long as you are billable you dont have any issue with respect to Job security.
With respect to my account, I can able to enhance my skills and pursue new heights. I have been given more responsibilities through out my career with DXC and I enjoy a lot whenever I was asked to take up a challenging projects.
Pros
Projects and responsibilities
Cons
Top management
Not Good
Written Communications Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 19, 2018
worked up to 10 hours a day sometimes when it was mandatory and if you didn't pick the time they would pick it for you, even if you weren't there to choose it.
Pros
plenty of social networking
Cons
long uncomfortable hours
Can be fun and knowledgeable.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is non stressful and can be fun with my colleagues. Management is great, no stress. Hardest part of job is trying to help everyone.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Work home options
Lax company to work for
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 14, 2018
There a re no defined policies and procedures for reference. management says one thing, does something else. You are told you are doing fine, then all of the sudden there are too many errors. Misleading and unhelpful.
Summer Intern
Intern on IPTS project (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2018
Very small company with small teams of around 10-15 people. People generally complete their own work and didn't offer much advice. Good work life balance but not as productive as I had hoped.
Ceaseless pressure to reduce costs, cut staff
Account Delivery Lead (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 13, 2018
DXC shows good performance quarter-to-quarter primarily through cost and expense reductions, not through new business and growth. I support an account wherein I've had to reduce staff by 10-20% every time the Workforce Reduction (WFR) exercise swung toward my account. Initially it was a quarterly exercise, and we had some fat to trim, but it has been more frequent, monthly and then weekly toward the end of the quarter, and we're constantly being asked to cut deeper. Most accounts are at the point where further cuts will damage the services, and the response from senior leadership is "we don't care," "take the risk," and "go as far as you can without literally breaking the account" (it seems they've taken that qualifier out of their latest communications, and left it at "go as far as you can"). At this stage I'm facing a cost reduction on my account that, just from basic math, requires that I cut half of my team to meet this target. It's discouraging and demoralizing, and even the teams are starting to lose good talent from reductions and attrition as the good ones find better work elsewhere.
Pros
Decent healthcare, 401(k) match to the first 5% contributed, unlimited "flexible" vacation time
Cons
Pressure to reduce costs, monthly layoffs, job security is nil
Productive and fun place to work with free coffee
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYNovember 9, 2018
Learned how to write a better business requirements document.
Good management overall.
The hardest part of this job is figuring out who works remotely and who works on site.
Friendly co-workers.
Enjoyed free coffee.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Job security is questionable due to workforce reductions
Tough place to work after merger with HPE Services
Storage Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 9, 2018
Lots of layoffs. Hard to stay employed in the US. Outsourcing many positions to lower cost labor counties without consideration for skills and knowledge.
Very fast pased environment.
Info Sys Architect (Former Employee) –  Bath, MENovember 8, 2018
One will probably lose vacations, bonuses and sleep, but they have a lot of interesting work. This is due to the pace of work.

Management is a revolving door. Positions/titles/people change frequently for the management team.
Pros
Never on the bench.
Cons
Working there is like a war-zone sometimes when production is suffering.
Intense
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2018
The calls were at a all time high, back to back. The callers were rude and disrespectful, calling you out of your name, and demanding of resolution at comparing other citizens.....
Pros
On site cafeteria and ATM, on the bus line.
Cons
Callers Traditional Medicaid
I liked the contract
CSC phone operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDNovember 2, 2018
I don't have no complaint. This is the contract that helped me get my secret clearance and gave me a try. I loved all my co-workers and I did like the management team.
Pros
understanding, team work, fun
Cons
micromanagement
Excellent Working location. Learned a lot things from my team and project.
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 31, 2018
It is one of the oldest companies in US. Partnered with HPE Enterprise and came out as DXC Technology finally. Both technically and technologically very strong. Highly recommendable company.
Pros
Everything is good
Cons
A major change from working at HP/HPE
Principal Architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
The merger of HPE ES with CSC has brought on a lot of changes. The most significant was the lack of basic company support of its employees. Raises even for promotions were cut off. Attrition was very heavy and there is no opportunity to back fill the losses. It is hard to do a job with out the people to support it.
n/a
Associate Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PROctober 29, 2018
I do not have any comment regarding this company. I prefer not to express anything about the overall work experience during my time there.

It is very different at every department.
its ok
Customer Solutions Representative III (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 26, 2018
the company change names 3 times but the people are nice for the most part , typical day is taking inbound calls and working on mail in enrollment in between call.
Pros
sometimes relax and friendly staff
Cons
no bonus or pay increase
DXC Technology
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 26, 2018
I have been working for DXC (formerly CSC) for over 22 years. I currently manage platform services resources for restricted clients. I enjoy the challenge of people managing and maintaining a relationship with our clients.
Company review
CYBERSECURITY DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 25, 2018
Typical day at DXC includes remote work, no official start time (it is pretty relaxed). I work in cyber security so i've learned quite a bit on various aspects of security including policy, devices products and functions and best practices.
Management is constantly changing, when the merger happened quite a few of the managers left either before the merger or directly after.
The workplace culture is ok, most workers are remote so there are only a handful of employees actually on site.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant employee turnover and finding the correct resource who has not been WFR'd or quit.
Pros
flexible vacation and work from home policy
Cons
compensation, lack of vertical career movement opportunities
Little room for advancement
Professional Claim Analyst (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 24, 2018
Depending on the type of work you perform, there is little room for advancement. Most positions are not refilled when there is a RIF and the work is disbursed throughout the remaining members of the team. There is a lack of incentive to go above and beyond in a given position; not so much as a cost of living increase in the past several years.
Pros
Ability to work remote
Cons
Salary does not appear to meet industry standards
Contract work
MRAP Common Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYOctober 24, 2018
worked primary as technician on Government Contract work was fun and challenging but restructuring caused our group to be split off into new group and ultimately being acquired by General Dynamics finish off the contract until recompete and ultimately loosing to rival Company/Companies.
Pros
structured work day
Cons
pay structure was more for the Corporate side and not the Workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DXC Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight