DXP Enterprises Employee Reviews

OFFICETEAM TEMP COMPANY (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
I preformed general office duties, employees were friendly and helpful. Stress free environment. They kept me busy and helped me to be more precise with my work.
Dxp
Purchasing Agent/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2018
I liked the professional attitude and the workplace environment that was provided to me. Another thing I liked was the close knit and interpersonal communications that were prevalent between managers and employees.
productive
shipping and receving (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2018
I liked it but got sick and couldn't continue. Also it was too Much pressure. And lots off work.They never see how hard we work. But I had good experience from them.
Great People
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 2, 2018
Our location was filled with a great group of guys and women, Work itself was enjoyable, only thing was the salary was too low for any kind of life for a single man.
Horrible place to work if you want to keep a job for a long time
Welder/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
I only got hired on to help move to a different warehouse. I got laid off 1 day before my year mark, so I did not get any of the vacation or sick time repaid to me. They use computers that were still running Windows Vista and every machine I worked with was well over 20 years old. I normally had to try to fix problems when they arose. Every suggestion I ever made to try to make work better went in one ear and out the other, regardless of what manager I spoke to. They also lost my healthcare paperwork, so I didn't have health insurance the entire time working for them. This company is not only terrible to their working class employees, but to a good portion of their customers as well. We lost countless customers during the time I worked there.

tl;dr: DXP is terrible, never work for them if you have any respect for yourself.
Pros
Good Temporary job
Cons
Literally everything else
Get out what you put in.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 18, 2018
DXP was an eye opener for me. It was the last place I interviewed and the last place I thought I wanted to work until I saw how my RSM and I would be working together. My NorTex regional took me in and taught me everything he could before tossing me on the road. I was trained very well, not everyone is, which led to my success. Many times I had to fight my way in, but I made it work. I left due to DXP and Goulds not working things out. The "customer driven" mantra is overdone and a bad objective. Yes the customer is take care of at all cost....employee cost. Make the company employee driven and they will take care of the customers.
I would work there again.
Pros
People
Cons
Corporate intervention and bureaucracy
Work comes before all else.
None (Former Employee) –  TxJune 13, 2018
Company expects every aspect of your life to be put to the side in order to complete unattainable deadlines at work. Long duration of no 401k company match. No raises for most employees over the past 2 years. Turnover rate is high.
Pros
All the overtime you could want.
Cons
Bad management, no raises, terrible communication between departments
I would say it would be a great place to work if they paid better. They are flexible.
RECEIVING LEAD (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2018
Overall this has been a good place to work. The pros they put family first, if you need to come in early so you can leave early to make up your hours, they allow that. They have a cook out for us once month. The cons they have not given raises in three years. There's no room to grow.
Great Place to be for Safety
HES Advisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 10, 2018
DXPE gave me the opportunity to start in the field as a HES Contractor and I never looked back. It has been a great time, in my life, growing as an HES profressional.
fast pace
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2018
the environment was nice my manager was professional he introduced me to new things for advancement. The hardest part was working 12 hours a day after being there 6 days a week.
Management by good old boys
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
Very much a company run by families; upper management all have the same last name, and it is quite a jump to get to any kind of management. It has been a number of years since I have worked there so things may have changed.
Bad place
Lead field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2018
I would not work for this place ever again. They work you to death and there is no career advancement what so ever. Management is very poor only care about profits not their employees or their customers.
Dont work here
Smalls picker (Current Employee) –  DallasApril 18, 2018
This is a joke all. There's people who been working here for years and they only get paid minimum wage. And manager were always have meeting after meeting after meeting after meeting for no reason just to tell you how his day was going.
Pros
Meet other people
Cons
You will go no where here
very poorly managed company
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 3, 2018
This was a great position but a very poor managed company. I did work that was meant for the site manager and was not paid for what I was worth. I was promised quarterly bonuses. I made DXP over $400,000 in the first 2 quarters I was in the position and received only 2 bonuses that were so small I didn't even know I received a bonus. This company was very poor managed and there was no solid rules or structure implemented for the employees.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
poorly managed
Many excellent products to provide.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 21, 2018
This company went through a lot of salesmen. This required that I called on other customers to keep their business instead of allowing me to call on customer/opportunities/industries that I was aware of. It is understandable that this customer base needed to be called on and supported to keep their business.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Traveled the state to cover previous sales accounts.
Dedicated company, but understaffed and disorganized
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAMarch 18, 2018
When I was brought on, I was asked to bring my previous experience to the company to help them expand. Instead, they changed my role to admin support.
Pros
Hard working team
Cons
No vision
DXP Enterprises
Branch General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2018
Long hours, non-existent salary increases, no corporate support, most employees at the site were outstanding, single customer had lots of demands, overall was good location but low emphasis on support from upper management
Plenty of hours if you want them, great management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2018
A great place to work if you don't mind the environmental conditions and are shift-flexible. The warehouse manager is firm, disciplined, but fair and flexible.
Great Place To Work
Houston Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Great management team that are very supportive. Great work life balance. Job security which is great when you do not feel like you have to worry about losing your job. The company is stable.
Pros
Stay busy so your day flys by
Working
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I Loved working there just wish they had more to offer employees that been there more then a year. Then what they did offer.its fast pace and Monday thru Friday