DXP Enterprises Employee Reviews

Starting pay is ok. I'm glad to be gone. They did celebrate Christmas.
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 13, 2019
You cannot move into management unless you have an engineering degree.
Managers keep information to themselves to keep employees in the dark about upcoming projects.
Manager pushes work onto employees with no warning (lots of staying late)
Shop to small to accommodate size of equipment and work load.
Its my understanding that some managers actually keep bonuses that are supposed to be given out to employees.
Stuck inside the shop for 10 hours everyday. Some employees listen to trashy rap music really loud.
If you need a job take it, but remember there is no advancement.
And hope you never have to deal with their Horrible HR and payroll departments.
Great job to have
Storeroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 21, 2019
Fun, easy work days, with an amazing supervisor and relatable co workers, DXP is a great place for someone who is looking for a higher paying job, as long as you are not solely surviving off of your check from here.
Pros
Great people, easy work, awesome benefits, decent pay
Cons
Fixed full time hours with mandatory overtime, lack of locations
Worst managed company EVER !
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2019
I worked for DXP for approximately 1 year and I have to say without a doubt that this is the worst managed company I have ever seen.

No goals, no incentive, did not even get sales numbers unless you looked them up yourself. I worked for the metal working division and it was run by the CEO's son-in-law and he couldn't manage his way out of a paper sack.

I am glad I am gone and I have to move on to something more positive because there is nowhere to go down from here !
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Warehouse driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 9, 2018
Well it started off nice, I thought they were nice, good people. Slowly became an odd and uncomfortable place to work. Seems easy but there's a lot of heavy lifting and quirks to get passed hauling things just have to act like it's no big deal I mean it's doable but it being a small branch if you get hurt or whatever it kind of feels like you're on your own, just have to deal with it. Not like other companies I've work, not up to modern standards in that regard. Don't break routine, be just like them if you want to be part of the team. A team that when I was late a few times due to car problems for a short period of time, played with my livelihood and cut my hours told me it was due to lack of deliveries but then I was told it was because I wasn't on time a few times when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my vehicle. No warning system, they just go straight to upper management, seemed like. I'm use to a company with a warning system, point system, a heads up even.. anything, but no..none of that. Thereafter felt like I was walking on eggshells and could be let go for any reason, without warning. Not a good feeling. Also Felt tension , sarcasm, passive aggressiveness when I brought up the issue of them smoking inside the warehouse. Up to 4 to 5 times and that was just before noon, more afterwards. It was like working inside a smokeshack and I felt like it was a problem if I went somewhere else while they smoked. Other than that I loved my job I was learning new things, gaining experience. Customers that i delivered to were great, would have great conversations with  more... them made sure their needs were met. Once I was on the road their were hardly any issues at all. Too bad there's always a downside to things, unfortunately.  less
Pros
Great schedule, awesome customers, work independently for the most part.
Cons
Lack of open communication, uncertain job security.
Storeroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2018
Don't work here. Don't do it. I never got a raise in the almost 3 years I was there. No one had anything bad to say about me or my performance with our client, and I became the FACE of DXP while I worked at my particular pilot office. I loved my job. LOVED IT. It wasn't the work, it was the management.
Pros
My boss was never around.
Cons
My boss was never around.
unresponsive and bullying manager
Shipping and Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 29, 2018
my manager was a "my way or the highway" type who belittled people, but expected complete subservience out of everyone in the department. I did not like being treated in such a manner and attempts to resolve the issues with upper management only led to further problems. bad environment.
Pros
the type and scope of my job was well within my abilities and qualifications
Cons
poor supervisory management skills and inflexible attitude.
Decent first job
Warehouse Clerk/Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAOctober 13, 2018
Great first job with good hours. Easy-going work place with great co-workers. Can joke with each other and have fun while still getting the job done. Has a good work environment
OFFICETEAM TEMP COMPANY (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
I preformed general office duties, employees were friendly and helpful. Stress free environment. They kept me busy and helped me to be more precise with my work.
Purchasing Agent/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2018
I liked the professional attitude and the workplace environment that was provided to me. Another thing I liked was the close knit and interpersonal communications that were prevalent between managers and employees.
productive
shipping and receving (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2018
I liked it but got sick and couldn't continue. Also it was too Much pressure. And lots off work.They never see how hard we work. But I had good experience from them.
Great People
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 2, 2018
Our location was filled with a great group of guys and women, Work itself was enjoyable, only thing was the salary was too low for any kind of life for a single man.
Horrible place to work if you want to keep a job for a long time
Welder/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
I only got hired on to help move to a different warehouse. I got laid off 1 day before my year mark, so I did not get any of the vacation or sick time repaid to me. They use computers that were still running Windows Vista and every machine I worked with was well over 20 years old. I normally had to try to fix problems when they arose. Every suggestion I ever made to try to make work better went in one ear and out the other, regardless of what manager I spoke to. They also lost my healthcare paperwork, so I didn't have health insurance the entire time working for them. This company is not only terrible to their working class employees, but to a good portion of their customers as well. We lost countless customers during the time I worked there.

tl;dr: DXP is terrible, never work for them if you have any respect for yourself.
Pros
Good Temporary job
Cons
Literally everything else
Get out what you put in.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 18, 2018
DXP was an eye opener for me. It was the last place I interviewed and the last place I thought I wanted to work until I saw how my RSM and I would be working together. My NorTex regional took me in and taught me everything he could before tossing me on the road. I was trained very well, not everyone is, which led to my success. Many times I had to fight my way in, but I made it work. I left due to DXP and Goulds not working things out. The "customer driven" mantra is overdone and a bad objective. Yes the customer is take care of at all cost....employee cost. Make the company employee driven and they will take care of the customers.
I would work there again.
Pros
People
Cons
Corporate intervention and bureaucracy
Work comes before all else.
None (Former Employee) –  TxJune 13, 2018
Company expects every aspect of your life to be put to the side in order to complete unattainable deadlines at work. Long duration of no 401k company match. No raises for most employees over the past 2 years. Turnover rate is high.
Pros
All the overtime you could want.
Cons
Bad management, no raises, terrible communication between departments
I would say it would be a great place to work if they paid better. They are flexible.
RECEIVING LEAD (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2018
Overall this has been a good place to work. The pros they put family first, if you need to come in early so you can leave early to make up your hours, they allow that. They have a cook out for us once month. The cons they have not given raises in three years. There's no room to grow.
Great Place to be for Safety
HES Advisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 10, 2018
DXPE gave me the opportunity to start in the field as a HES Contractor and I never looked back. It has been a great time, in my life, growing as an HES profressional.
Top down management style
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2018
To many Kingdoms and Kings within company; must be part of the Houston, TX. Kingdom to advance within the company. Total lack of vision for future growth.
fast pace
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2018
the environment was nice my manager was professional he introduced me to new things for advancement. The hardest part was working 12 hours a day after being there 6 days a week.
Management by good old boys
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
Very much a company run by families; upper management all have the same last name, and it is quite a jump to get to any kind of management. It has been a number of years since I have worked there so things may have changed.
Bad place
Lead field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2018
I would not work for this place ever again. They work you to death and there is no career advancement what so ever. Management is very poor only care about profits not their employees or their customers.