Dylan's Candy Bar Employee Reviews

productive and fun work enviornment
SALES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2018
Dylan's Candy Bar changed my life. I began as a temporary employee for the Halloween season and was retained for permanent employment. Within a year, I was offered a supervisor position at the Los Angeles location, which was just opening at the time. I took the offer and I relocated to L. A. I remained a supervisor for Dylan's for five years before I decided to return to school to pursue higher education. I recommend this job to anyone.
Upbeat, friendly and welcoming environment
Design Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2018
A very sweet and fun loving environment, surrounded by hardworking and dedicated coworkers. All teams work together to generate a very functional and efficient work setting.
Just a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2018
My views regarding working at Dylan's Candy Bar tends to fluctuate. But in recent events it is pretty hard to work up. A typical day tends to be a struggle considering how much effort employees have to make in order to make sales and make the goal for the day. As though we were working off commission. It can get competitive, we indirectly compete for hours. Aside from the management is nice and understanding, there are some hiccups but their only human.
Very fun place to work. Not super productive but gets jobs done.
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I have worked here for almost 4 years now. It's amazing and everyone is close to family. Minimum wagebut with the work we do, we deserve it. There is not much room for advancement at all...because no one ever quits or leaves.
Trouble Dipped In Chocolate
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
A typical day was very long and stressful. I came in with the pre-conceived mindset that I was going to be overworked and forgotten about on a daily basis. Management often forgets to give you breaks so you're on your feet for hours before they send someone to cover for you. I learned that customer service differs from place to place because the upselling and forcing customers into transactions that they could care less about was tiring. Some people did their jobs and others blatantly didn't. Every part of the job was difficult because it seemed like no one was ever satisfied. The most enjoyable part was being allowed to clock out and being granted a moment to be away from Dylan's Candy Bar.
Pros
%50 discount on everything in store, free candy, certain co-workers made the day better
Cons
poor management, lack of consideration, same music, 0 time to relax, pressure to upsell things you and the customer don't care about, co-workers not pulling their weight
Fun Small start up environment but low salary
Junior Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
I loved working at Dylan's Candy Bar - the people were great but the salary was below average. However, I learned the most at Dylan's Candy Bar and there was a great discount!
awsome place for indiviuals looking for relaxed environment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
stocked candy bars .working here as seasonal associate was amazing the staff was friendly and managemet was always willing to work around your schedule .
Pros
discount
Cons
messy break room little breaks
My Opinion on Dylans Candy Bar
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2017
A typical day ay Dylans Candy Bar is setting up all walls and candy bins making sure they are all cleaned off from last nights sugar replacing candy or restocking merchandise. I learned that kids love candy. management was very relaxed but still on toes The workplace was very unisex
Pros
Discounts on candy
Cons
N/a
productive, fast paced, and a fun working environment.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2017
It provided me with an opportunity to learn new skills and enrich myself in the customer service area. It also provided me with many network opportunities and allowed me to speak with associates to help improve my work performance.
Pros
Meeting new people from all over the world and networking.
Cons
I don't have any cons for this job.
Fun colorful hip live happy
Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Dylan's was a blast the creative ways to serve drinks and Ice cream to customers was really fun. I wish we would have been paid more money. It was a lot of work
Pros
Working in a cool place
Cons
The managers were so stuck up, conceited and childish, it was hard knowing that they didnt care about your well being, the managers were all very young and mean they all had attitudes and were not very friendly.
Fun environment to work in
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2017
I learned a difference style of selling cultures within a pop culture infused with candy store. It was a fun environment to work in and I learned a lot more about running a business.
No room for advancing in the company if you're not in the right departments
Cafe Associate and Events Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
It can be difficult working here because most people are rather young so they can be a little ignorant and immature at times. Don't work here if you can't handle the quick pace. Other than that, the job isn't bad if you're looking for something temporary.
Pros
Discount on candy
Cons
No paid vacation days, hard to get raises
Lot of candy to eat
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 18, 2017
Dylans is a fun, easy going work environment, expect to try and have with every customer that comes into the store. Great customer service is expected
it is a good place to work and learn more
Finance intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2017
This is a good company.they are working together a team. it is a good environment to learn and work. This department gives the opportunity for their staff to learn everything in the accounting field. I have enjoyed working with them.
fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 1, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere with quality mindset. Management was friendly with approach-ability. One big happy family, everyone was friends. Hardest part of the job was the moodiness during christmas season. The best part of the job was the friendliness of everyone.
Pros
Everyone was friendly including management, employees felt important
Cons
no benefits unless you are management
Fun but un-professional
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2017
I was not full-time, just an intern. Was not the greatest corporate environment, but an overall fun place to be. Everyone was nice and welcoming, willing to teach.
Pros
Candy
Cons
not very professional
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Hampton, NYMarch 28, 2017
good place for a teen and easy to get a routine going friendly people and good management. easy to work what days you want to and good hours. cleaning after was only annoyance since it would go past designated hours.
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 21, 2017
Great job to have as a career, wonderful co workers, lots of opportunity involved with the job I enjoy the pace the environment, I would love to work for this company again
okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
I loved the environment but once the managers think you not good they treat you mean. There is one manager that thinks of there workers as ghetto thats why i never want to go back there.
It was okay, in the summer it's better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
So typically we had to make sure to greet the customers and always have something to do. The employees are very friendly, I loved working with them. The hardest part of the job is remembering prices and asking people to sign up for loyalty when there's a long line. The most enjoyable part is working with the people there and meeting people from all around the world.