Dynacare

• Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Great environment

Good company to work with . One must surely join this company . Great employees . Good place to work with . It is really nice place to be . One must surely join

Data entry/Blood Bank

I worked the evening shift, which was I believe 11pm to 7am. Night shift was a bit slower pace than day shift. Working the evening shift had other benefits such as easy a commute. I lived in Everett and commuted to Seattle which only took about 30 minutes of relatively easy traffic. It was almost the same while leaving work in the morning as most commuting traffic was traveling into Seattle as I was leaving. Coworkers were great as well as the management at that time.

Professional Environment

Dynacare Lab was very busy every day there was barely any down time because of staffing issue we barely took break or went to lunch on time. Patient care always comes first when working in a hospital setting.

We would get a zoo summer trip every once in a while.

Dynacare was a great company to work for, I wish they were still around. My supervisor was great we were never accused of anything but we were asked what happen. I always appreciate it what employers ask before accusing its employees. That to me makes it appear that we have trust in one other. While working for Dynacare the supervisors would bring out Crème Puff from State Fair every year and I thought that was pretty cool. It's not much but just to know that they cared enough about us was a good thing. The thing that needed a lot of improvement was the vacation day off. Some one that wasn't a ten year or better senior could never expect to get a vacation day off near a holiday or in the summer because the persons with the most Seniority always had those days off.

Pros

We got most holidays off, if you worked in a clinic that had the Monday Labor Day and Memorial Day off.

Cons

It was very hard to get vacation days off due to the Senior people have the priority of the days.

Labcorps took over

Labcorps took over less than a year into my tenure. I liked working there except the manager had an issue with occidental people and had some odd hiring practices that were suspicious. She is no longer there. I wouldn't recommend working there because of the pay and union issues.

Pros

nice people

Cons

merger with labcorps

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

I worked eight hours a day. I learned to pay attention to details because accuracy was very important. I learned a variety of phlebotomy skills and variety of clerical skills. Management was approachable. The workplace was diverse. The hardest part of the job is the clerical area. The most enjoyable part of the job the completion of all the duties assigned.

flexible, great co workers, learning and teaching

Everyday I could expect to be challenged, work with strong phlebotomists, provide venipunctures to a broad scope of patients. My strengths were nurtured and I was able to teach other phlebotomist about the operating systems and train new phlebotomists to perform more confidently.

benefits

Cons

sometimes going to three or more locations a day

great place for advancement

draw blood from veins by vaccum tube,enter patient,specimen,insurance,or billing information into computer.Great place to work for,Great co-worker to work with,Also learn new skills whenever job updates computer system.

Pros

great coworkers to work with and decent benifits.

Cons

insurance is high for the family.

Diverse place to work

Clinics were very fast paced and challenging. Dr are very fun to work with and they show appreciation for your dedication and work that you do for them and their patients. Very diverse group of people from infants to geriatrics. Gives you a chance to utilize your skills in every aspect. I enjoyed working with the different patients and Dr.

challaging and rewarding. Great people to work for

Supervised emloyees in accounts receivable dept. Troubleshooting, cash posting, cash log balancing daily and month end. Great manager. Very supportive. Hardest part of job would have been trying to supervise the different personalities.

medical job

it is good job and good hours it is good to work for i learn a lot about heath care job for this company manager is great poeple are nice and easy to get alone

Very personnable

Dyna care has sold their business of 9 branches--6 of which I started. They were very successful but the CEO wished to retire. It was a very successful home health care business and we were very proud of the care we gave. We extended it to Hospice care as well.

Pros

I was given the independence I needed to run a smooth operation

Cons

Traveling back to Chicago every month for corporate meetings.

fun

A typical day is analyzing work que to determine what you should be working for the day unless working a special project from reporting manager. A diverse work environment

Fun place to wrok.

Fun place to work, but very mangement was horrible. They sent all the new people to the very bad and nasty site. I worked Long term, which meant I traveled.

Pros

Used company car to travel

Cons

No breaks

I only did clinical trials here before graduating.

This establishment is very well regulated..Very professional, and their techs were very thorough when explaining procedure as well as regulations. I learned most at this establishment, especially with extensive specimen processing.

Pros

Very challenging, professional, good management, and leadership.

Cons

No cons

Calm and productive environment

Address the manager on any developments concerning any changes in the office whether it is concerning patients, staff, or technicality of the office. Input patient data into system, whether new or previous patients. Team members openly communicate with each other related to job matters. Immobility was the hardest part of the job for me since I enjoy movement. The most enjoyable part is speaking with patients and getting to know them.

Pros

Gaining expirience in medical field

Cons

Immobility

The Best Lab in the World

The best place in the world to work. Everyone is helpful and Friendly and wants nothing but the best fro each other. Great pay, benefits and vacation.

Great company to work for

See my review for Labcorp since that company bought out Dynacare Laboratories in August 2002. Worked in the Specimen Processing where I had a great supervisor. I learned to do many tasks, and I had to perform STAT testing whenever a doctor needs results quickly. I processed blood, urine, CSF fluid, and other samples. I had to entered in a database accurate information for each patient to make sure all tests were ordered properly from the requisition. I also had to look for missing samples in the walk-in refrigerator as well as the freezers. Most often the missing sample was mislabeled from someone who was not paying attention. I learned so much from everyone working there, and I thought management did a great job even though the work flow can be very hectic day to day.

Pros

Company that cared about its employees

Cons

Company sold out to this huge corporation

Intense competitive enviornment

Competitive environment with intensive production guide lines. The most enjoyable was working as a team to meet production. The hardest part the fear of possibly not meeting production requirements.

Pros

Worked as a team.

Cons

Stress of not meeting production requirements

Fast paced 24hr reference lab

A typical work day is sorting, ordering and processing patients lab work. I learned to move fast and accurately due to the high volume of patients we service. I learned my management team is great at keeping me informed of things pertaining to my job. My co-workers and I work well as a team to make sure the lab work is processed and turn around time is within the allowed time frame. The hardest part of my job is when the specimens don't arrive on time and they are time sensitive. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patients.

Pros

Paid lunches

work load steady...teamwork low

Job security is high right now, but teamwork and moral is low. A lot of changes are taking place and employees are left in the dark about upcoming changes.

Pros

overtime

Cons

lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dynacare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Dynacare with