DynCorp International Inc
76Above average

DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA67 reviews
This information can be answered during the interview. I am tired of answering the same material over and over again. All this information is all the same because It was all the same company.
Pros
Do not want to write about this
Cons
I am tired of the part of the application.
Good company to work for in the 6 months I've been with the company. Unfortunately, the company lost the contract at my work location and my work will be ending in March, 2020.
Pros
Housing and Meals provided
Cons
DynCorp is a relaxed but busy environment. Employees are tasked to do their jobs and are expected to do so with minimum to no supervision. A typical day can be very demanding requiring at least two personnel to carryout day to day activities.
Dyncorp was one of the best companies i have worked for. The best of the best in the security industry i would go back to work with them in a hot second
I enjoyed my tenure years working with the Company. I also learned a great deal while working there, both from my colleagues as well as the company itself.

The hardest part of the Job is to maintain professionalism as not to offend anyone regardless of one personal views.

The best part is representing the greatest country in the world and known that one is making a difference, regardless how minor it may seems to others.
Pros
The free lunch and traveling tickets do make things somewhat impressive.
Cons
Vacation times are too short due to the distance of home country.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Not really sure where this company is headed. work life balance isn't great at all. the compensation is well worth the lack of life balance though. not a bad company to work for but not a good one either
It is a misogynist culture; a boy's club with a strong mission that the company completely ignores. With important customers and programs across the world, the focus is always in the numbers and not the quality. There are some fantastic employees who go above and beyond, some of which are still there and some of which are long the-most of which were fired for insane unbelievable circumstances. Leadership is a huge problem, mostly due to who owns the company. There is so much conflict of interest, personal vendettas and egos that have helped drive this company in the wrong direction. You always feel like you are walking on eggshells and at any given time, misfortune could strike.

Sure, one could say there is always risk when working for a government contractor; however, there is much to be said about what the culture and environment springs upon its employees that scream immorality, irresponsibility, and completely untrustworthy.

This company DOES NOT do the right thing. There is no sense of accountability or team. It's a culture of dog eat dog. One will be lucky to encounter upward mobility. And if you are a woman, you get the respect from peers, but not your manager. Expect hostility, expect to be demeaned and belittled; and yelled at by grown men with obscenities. Fight for every dollar and every hour worked and always save every performance review and document every negative encounter. This company should be sued for its malpractice, violation of it's own ethics and rules, and will make threatening statements and lies to defend its name, no matter the cost.
Pros
Travel, great PM leadership, does great work for government
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of competitive pay, lack of equality for women, poor work culture
They are relatively good bunch of people, but their managers change frequently and one may end up with someone totally horrible, or totally wonderful.
Strong company with good prospects. The company has had a strong turnaround. Enjoy working here but cost location is far too expensive. The TX office is also a great place where one could be assigned.
A typical day at work at Dyncorp was full of demands and requirements. I learned to be assertive and passionate about my work.It was a great opportunity to be a manager. Travel was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the employee relationships.
This is a great place to work with lots of challenges. I enjoyed working on different aspects of the project. Project manager was very effective.
Pros
Great working place.
Cons
I enjoyed working for this company for many years and only decided to leave in order to change my career path. I would recommend working for them if you have the chance.
Very positive work group. Plenty of room to advance if you wanted to do something different. The staff was very professional and great to work with. The treated each other with kindness and respect.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
relocated
Great Company. Friendly management and a caring environment. Would love to work for them again. Never had a really bad day working with them. I have made lasting friendships.
it great working around so many different nationality's. work is easy. the promotion system needs some fixing. its good they fly you to your work site for free the first time
When DynCorp won the contract it was more important to paint the walls and lay carpet than take care of the customer and their employees. There has been so much failure with this company and the customer it is sad to watch.
Pros
location of job
Cons
vacation, benefits, 401k
I was the Procurement / Purchasing person in support of the company proposals to the Government request for proposals, DynCorp was a prime contract to the Government, the contract value was from a few millions (30 to 40) and as high as 250 and up.
Pros
coffee
Cons
Government rtequest
Good work environment and solid management. Left there in 2003 for a higher position at SAIC. Given the flexibility to res-structure Purchasing and Subcontracts.
Pros
Goof managment
Cons
Re-structuring
Great place to work with great people. I loved my managers, the work and all of my co-workers. It was a great place to be for over 8 years. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a new job.
Pros
Work/life balance was good with interesting work given and great co-workers who are team-players.

Cons

Negative, narrow-minded management with certain project managers at the top who are micro-managing. Also, there are low salaries being offered with absolutely no room for growth. There may have been some racial-profiling there as well.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees fairly if you want to retain good talent, instead of just favoring the favorite ones.
Pros
Great team (with the exception of management and senior employees), flexible schedules
Cons
Bad management, micromanagement, low pay, unfair treatment of emplloyees
What made this job most enjoyable was the diversity of people who worked there and who all seemed to want to be team players. Little competition and cooperative workplace.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DynCorp International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K
1.1K
Ratings from women
2.2
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight