DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,472 reviews matching the search See all 3,060 reviews
Poor Leadership
Experienced Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2018
Working at DynCorp was good until the leadership became very selfish, It became all about them instead of the actual individuals who do the work. Respectfully, some leaders were very good but they had to lower themselves a small amount to deal with there leadership. I was released without getting to speak to my manager which I founded out I was term via a FedEx Express package, So tell me would a real leader does that???
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Some Lazy People
Challenging Work Environment
BAF Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  BagrāmJanuary 1, 2019
Primary interface to US Government and program leadership for communicating capability and readiness to support the Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP), US and Coalition Forces; intended to provide minimum level basic life support and performance based services for initial and sustainment forces.

How to interact with USG customers and ensuring constructive communication.

Very knowledgeable and dedicated management.

Various cultures work together with a common goal; servicing the USG customer

Austere environment

Being able to see the "fruits of your labor" in outstanding service to the customer
Pros
Cons
Working in austere environment
This is Saudi Arabia
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Qassim, Saudi ArabiaDecember 26, 2018
While DynCorp is the company that paid us, the position I am referring to involves working directly for the Saudi military. Very few Saudi supervisors whether civilian or military are reasonable.The top brass may be reasonable, but they act on the basis of what they hear from supervisors.
Pros
Tax-free salary, free housing, company car shared with only one other
Cons
Living in Saudi Arabia
Fun
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXDecember 27, 2018
Its Contracting Work. So you already should know what to expect as far as Living conditions, commodities , and not having a social life. Its (12) hours of work a day, (7) days a week Has a strong safety culture, hardest part of the job is steady internet. Most enjoyable part of the job is your paycheck.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
6 months before you have a day off
Nothing special
Employee (Former Employee) –  BagramNovember 15, 2018
Upper management is nothing special and does not look out for the employees. OCONUS policies are based on CONUS templates & do not apply well to overseas environments. Stateside support is very lacking for the mission and is often resistant to policy suggestions for improvement. Buddy system is very evidant. It's a job, not a career.
Pros
Training
Cons
Healthcare, pay, management
You are just a number unless you are in the goodol boy network.
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  overseas locations, middle eastOctober 14, 2018
Benefits were very good for family, but everything else was less than par, No training for platforms worked on, Told many times bye Manager would milk this job until the teat runs dry. We would go in on Saturdays for overtime and we didn't have any work to do, the manger played solitaire for 8 hrs. My lead in Kabul inflated our time sheets and when I asked about it I was labelled a boat rocker. Very dishonest manager and lead.
Pros
medical benifits
Cons
everything else.
DynCorp is a great company to work for.
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 8, 2018
After I arrive at work I have a morning meeting and after that, I am ready to assist users with computing, networking, e-mail and software issues. Provided customer support to assist all users with IT related incidents. Resolved issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the user as soon as possible
Pros
Overseas Uplift is graet
Cons
Health a little expensive
Nice job cut throat company
Aircraft Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 23, 2018
This was a wonderful job to work at for 23 years but like any place you work that long the companies wish to make more money and tend to treat the work force like numbers not people grows as the company grows.
Pros
General willingness of the work force to bend over backwards for each other.
Cons
The managements need to complete a task no matter the cost in personel or money.
Loved the work, policy sometimes adhoc
DOL Logistics / Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kwajalein AtollOctober 1, 2018
overall good place to work. I wish I was still there. I for once was noticed at least on site where i worked. I did not want to leave, had no choice. Politics seems to always get i the way of actual benefit of a person in the company. I deemed it contract should have completed then enforcement. and involvement instead of hiding behind policy as principle.
Pros
liked the work
Cons
PTO and following their own policies and recanting is an issue once hired
A good enough place towork
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 1, 2018
The culture is a mix of over management and poor management. Contracting for the government is never easy, but some companies make it harder. Overall the lower management talks to the mechanics, but middle and upper management talk at the mechanics. I don't know if this is how all of Dyncorp is, but that's how the Dyncorp on Ft. Hood is.
Pros
Good pay, and overtime available
Cons
Constant mismanagement of people and recorces
High Speed, Low Drag Life-Style
Personal Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Working with DynCorp was one of my all time favorite jobs. I was given a chance to assist and help our military and government with the training and national building that was going on after wartime. We were always on our toes due to the terrorist organizations that we had to deal with on a daily basis, but I had zero worries due to the highly talented people that were in place.
Pros
Pay, Vacation
Cons
Living Conditions in some areas
Good Oldboy Club Enironment
Logistics Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2019
Upper and middle management in many of the locations are self-absorbed.
They will look at you as you express your concerns, but don't here what you're saying, because they themselves are pressed to just get the job done.
Some locations are great to work at, some people are great to work with.
Lack of promotion potential, your experience does not matter, unless you are related to someone or served with someone.
They encourage everyone to apply for posted position only to say they are fair in they decision process, but 99.9% of the time they have someone already chosen for the position.
They also like for people to temporarily fill vacant management positions, with no addition pay, while misleading you to beleive you will get that open position.
Pros
It's a Job, till you find something better or you find the perfect department to work in.
Cons
Poor management, weak HR department, lacks promotion potential.
The people are great. Management needs some work
Warehouseman/ULLS-A (E) Operator/Hazmat Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 26, 2018
Everyone works as a team.The most enjoyable part of the job are the people. management makes the workplace stressful. management could show the workers they care about the work they perform.
Pros
pay
Cons
no chance for advancement
Deputy Airfield Manager
Deputy Airfield Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Monitoring work schedule requirements of the US Army Airfield and our maintenance teams to accomplish Army goals.

Interaction with US Military and the scope of their required missions.
Pros
Consistancy
Cons
Division of authority between contractors and military
Great team environment
Police Advisor, Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jordan and PalestineDecember 4, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time with DynCorp, great people to work with and good pay, good time off. Management works well with their employees making a great place to work. I would recommend this place to anyone that has training experience.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Away from your family
Toxic culture
AH64-E Maintenance Tech II (Current Employee) –  Central JavaSeptember 13, 2018
Leadership will lie directly to the face of their employees even in cases that are verifiable such as "the company has a policy against promoting internally". The company promotes people to leadership roles who have no actual clue how to lead or to perform any of the tasks that their department is performing. Complaints to HR have investigations begin but then are swept under the carpet before any actual questioning of witnesses occurs.
Exciting, challenging work environment
Senior Electronics Technician/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GANovember 1, 2018
The work in this position sharpened my knowledge of IT operation systems, provided opportunities for team building and allowed me to contribute to a group effort that supports and defends our country. I am very fortunate to have received this opportunity.
Standard contract work environment
SENIOR ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Colombia, South AmericaJanuary 22, 2019
I came to work for DynCorp immediately after retiring from the Air Force. I found the work environment to be the same or similar to other contract environments I had worked in before. The 401k benefit is very good for oconus employees.
Two contracts
Force Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  KosovoJanuary 18, 2019
One Contract was decent, the money was good, the OT was payed out fantastic, mostly left alone to do our job. The Second contract, different location, the management was terrible, they did everything they could to cut pay, wanted us to work OT with reduced pay.
Great Place To Work
Administrative Analyst Troop Housing (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VA 22060February 12, 2019
Good.
How To Advance To Other Job Positions.
They Recognize workers for advancement.
Fantastic Management and Co Workers.
Challenging Myself.
Working With A Great Staff.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Having to change companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DynCorp International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DynCorp International Inc.

Powered by Comparably