Dynegy

Dynegy Pay & Benefits reviews

I did not choose to leave Dynegy. The power plant closed. Dynegy was a good employer. They had excellent benefits and opportunities for their employees.
Very inclusive and innovative culture. Emphasis on employee satisfaction. Really supported personal growth through sponsoring certification/education, in house classes, etc. Fun atmosphere with regular employee events (i.e. popcorn Friday afternoon at 2 pm).
Pros
Great benefits, fun atmosphere, supported individual employee success
Cons
Merger & Aqu by Vistra lead to lay offs
anaGood company with solid benefits and competitive compensation packages. Established strong niche within fossil fuel market segment. Well liked CEO promoted positive working culture.
When I first started it was a very small company with 150 employees and I had the opportunity to grow with this awesome company. I survived several merges and helped out with due diligence before I was laid off. But Dynegy provided me with the opportunity to advance by sending me to school.
Pros
Benefits and opportunities
Transaction close on April 11, 2018. Company had flexible work schedule. New management did eliminate the 9 80 work schedules. New management brought in Sen-Delaney to change culture of the company.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work enviroment
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The company had good potential but was recently acquired. There were opportunities if someone wanted to work towards them. It's hard to go on, when I only spent a year at the organization. I wish everyone the best.
Pros
Great people, benefits and pay. Committed to local communities.
Cons
Got acquired
Rotating shiftwork is hard on family life,but pay is awesome.Benefits are awesome. People are all great to work with.This is a career that you would want to improve your life if you can deal with the shiftwork.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rotating shiftwork
Dynegy is the best company that I've ever worked for. The people I work with made me look forward to coming to work everyday. I had the opportunity to learn a lot by my manager not restricting us to certain jobs. I am able to touch a lot of different technologies and the potential for growth was limitless.
Pros
Coworkers, freedom to grow, compensation
Cons
healthcare
good company to work for. compensation s good. Nice team to work with. Management kind of unstable. Overall good experience. Very flexible working hours.
Good company to work for, fair pay, good hours. The stability of the industry is always a concern. You never know when youre going to get bought out of the political winds will shift.
Pros
Good pay, good vacation
Cons
instability
This place isn't a bad place to work. You go to work, do your job and go home. You can work at your own pace as long as all your work gets done and no one is breathing down your neck. Sometimes there is a lot expected from you but when there is so few people at the plant you have to take on extra duties.
Great Place to Work, Fair Compensation, Excellent Culture, Relaxed Environment, fast career advancement, Great work life balance, Flexible schedule...
Dynegy had a good work environment but no advancement opportunities for people of color. We had excellent benefits and that is about all that i van say at this time
Relaxed, flat organization. Overall a good place to work. Health benefits could be better, especially that there is only one health plan offered and it is a high deductible plan.
was a good place until management has ran the place into the ground. health insurance out of pock expenses so high your better off without it. job placement is based off seniority and not knowledge or work ethic so a lot of dead beet know nothings will have a $40/hr job and you will be stuck at $17.
Relaxed environment, supportive management and clear understanding of importance of family!! During the summer, you get 4 free half day Fridays, that do not count against your vacation time. Pay is extremely competitive and the benefits are outstanding!
Pros
work life balance, team players
When I started working at Dynegy we were a starter company. Meaning the HR and Recruiting team that was in place at the time had to implement policies and procedures and service level agreements. I love working there for the time I was employed. I had a great manager and had the pleasure of working within a great team!
Pros
Flexiable work schedule and Good benefits
Cons
None for me
The culture between management has gone down hill. They recently close down the two super critical boilers and laying off half of there work force at Moss Landing. Dynegy as a company pays well they have a 401K and 6% to portable retirement plan. But the union was with out a contract for three years while Dynegy was in bankruptcy which led to morale going down hill also. I left in 2013 for a more stable job. PG&E did not renew there operating contract for the super critical boilers, 2017 California SB law had Moss Landing decreasing there output to the sea by 50% killing the two super critical boilers.
Pros
Nice area in Monterey
Cons
close to salinas which is a high crime area
Excellent company with great benefits and culture. Great opportunities for career growth and development. Lots of challenging experiences. Very knowledgeable staff.
Its a good environment except on the management side they don't know how to handle their employee at Moss landing Power plant they have Favorite cause the color of your skin like a bad child and a good kid.They have employee at Moss he don't get in trouble no matter how bad mistake he do still ok and his father is in management in Main corporate office so no matter how you complain to Human resources nothing happen.Its not a pleasant company to work with.
Pros
They provide free lunch on safety kickoff
Cons
benefits is not good
Dynegy was nothing like Duke Energy. I enjoyed working for Duke Energy. After being sold to Dynegy. Things at the plant went down hill. Just before I left. The hourly workers voted for a union. After that. The plant manager was removed and and a new one was brought in.
Pros
Good work schedule.
Cons
Cut in benefits.