Dynetics

Dynetics Employee Reviews

United States62 reviews
Innovative work environment
Dynetics was a fantastic company to work for. The culture is very inclusive, and encourages innovation and progress. Would certainly recommend Dynetics to others.
Interesting work
Compensation could be better, but the cost of living in Huntsville is fairly low so it is somewhat balanced out. No bonuses are offered but the overall benefits package is attractive, especially for families. The work is interesting and keeps me busy, even as an entry level employee.
Fair and Balanced
Overall work structure was very fair and balanced, allowing employees to have a well balanced work/life schedule. I would recommend working for Dynetics but ensure you look at all requirements prior to them hiring you.
Serious, dedicated work environment with great stability
Dynetics is a very strong company with good management and a great history. Work hard, get rewarded for the work. There's not a lot of flexibility with your hours. In general, the people in the company are respectful and good people.
A great place
This is a great place to work. Opportunity to move forward and to experience teamwork. Good benefits are a must. The work is impressive and helpful.
Pros
Take lunch anytime
Cons
Breaks
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
very relaxed atmosphere
Typical day at work is counting inventory. You get to work at your own pace however the micro managing can be a bit irritating at times. The hardest part of the job is meeting unspoken expectations at times.
Great work place
Dynetics is a wonderful company. As an ESOP company each employee has a vested interest to improve the company.

The management is very proactive and works to keep their subordinates with meaningful and rewarding work.
If you are looking for a job in a Technology focused job, this is the place for you.
Dynetics has a great Corporate Culture. Since they are employee-owned, the people who work there have a direct stake in the business at hand. That makes for driven employees, who take their job and the jobs of their coworkers very seriously. That means peer review that is welcomed, and a high level of positive interactivity between all facets of the team. Collaboration leads to success and successful people are happy people. I know I was happy there and that I was both allowed and encouraged to update my skills.
Pros
Work with a highly trained and motivated team.
Cons
Contracts come and go. There can be abrupt employment changes.
Great Place
Great place & Great Environment, Great Benefits. No forced overtime and definitely a family oriented company. Management is great and they actually care.
Not sure where Indeed wants me to go with this.
I was just a hired gun - defense contractor - for the company. I had a skill set that matched up with a contract bid so I got hired. I was not part of the organization HQ home based in Huntsville, AL. Always seemed like a great company, but I focused on my task to support my DoD customer. All the previous questions Indeed had me answer where not applicable. For example, "take you pet to work" perk offering. I have no idea if Dynetics lets you do that in their offices, but I worked on site on a government installation and I never saw anyone bring a pet to work...with the exception of military working dogs.
Fantastic company with great colleagues that care about you
Coworkers are fantastic. Facilities are fantastic. The work environment is more strenuous that it was when I hired, but still enjoyable. You get many opportunities to choose your own path, although you have to be willing to drive that change to make it happen. Management is overall excellent, although the company is currently experiencing some growth pains. Overall, I think the company will succeed wonderfully.
Pros
Facilities, people, enjoyment, enrichment
Cons
Understaffed the last couple of years
Undergraduate Learning Experience
Working this position as an undergraduate intern, I learned a lot about engineering to aerospace standards, engineering reporting procedures, and an in-depth introduction into finite element analysis.
Great Growing Company
This company is highly competitive for the area and the amount of other contractors that are close by. The pay is what you expect. The company seems to really care about their employees. Benefits are great too, if only they offered more PTO, or an actual vacation/sick day option.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, good management, great growth, Nurse practitioner is on site
Cons
PTO could be a few more days.
Dynetics is a great place to work
I enjoyed working at Dynetics very much. The people, CEO, managers all were extremely professional. I would encourage others to seek out employment there.
Poor leadership driving the company in the ground
In its hey-day, Dynetics was an outstanding place to work. I would go so far as to say that my time there was the best I have ever spent in a given workplace. Over the past 3-5 years the leadership has changed hands, the old guard has either retired or taken on consulting roles. Therein resides the failure of this company - this new breed of VP, CEO, CFO, CSO has soured this company; relegating Dynetics to becoming just one more offering on the engineering contractor menu in Huntsville, AL. They didn't get where they are by trying to operate like the big boys and they have now officially lost site of what made them great in the first place. A tragedy indeed, a good company that has fallen into obscurity due to aggressive and ill-conceived leadership styles.
Pros
Great place to work if you are a young engineer with a 4.0 GPA
Cons
Fallen from grace, spiraling into obscurity due to poor leadership
Great place to work!
Exciting career and professional development opportunities. Dynetics is regularly involved with many exciting projects and proposals. Opportunities and potential for personal and professional growth are everywhere.
I fully enjoyed working at Dynetics. I would defiantly go back to work for them again if the future holds that for me. Great place, good people and nice work environment.
High tech cutting edge company
Dynetics encourages each employee to be their best and to live a balanced life. The employees are also owners of the company so each employee gets a share of the profits yearly.
great jon
Great job to for at, i have nothing bad to say about this company it is one of the greatest place i have worked at. this company is hands down one place i advise anyone to work at
Very Good company to work for
Great work enviornment. Dynetics is a company that you hate to leave and a large percentage of those that leave, return. They care about their people.
Pros
Care about people
Cons
a little too engineer heavy
Job in between spring and fall semesters of college
The job entailed assisting the human resources director and her assistant with extra administrative duties such as imputing employees benefit and adjusting their coverages.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dynetics. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3