Dynetics Employee Reviews

Poor leadership driving the company in the ground
Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 1, 2018
In its hey-day, Dynetics was an outstanding place to work. I would go so far as to say that my time there was the best I have ever spent in a given workplace. Over the past 3-5 years the leadership has changed hands, the old guard has either retired or taken on consulting roles. Therein resides the failure of this company - this new breed of VP, CEO, CFO, CSO has soured this company; relegating Dynetics to becoming just one more offering on the engineering contractor menu in Huntsville, AL. They didn't get where they are by trying to operate like the big boys and they have now officially lost site of what made them great in the first place. A tragedy indeed, a good company that has fallen into obscurity due to aggressive and ill-conceived leadership styles.
Pros
Great place to work if you are a young engineer with a 4.0 GPA
Cons
Fallen from grace, spiraling into obscurity due to poor leadership
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 14, 2017
I fully enjoyed working at Dynetics. I would defiantly go back to work for them again if the future holds that for me. Great place, good people and nice work environment.
High tech cutting edge company
SQL Server Database/Web Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 12, 2017
Dynetics encourages each employee to be their best and to live a balanced life. The employees are also owners of the company so each employee gets a share of the profits yearly.
great jon
Electronics/Mechanical Technician II (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 6, 2017
Great job to for at, i have nothing bad to say about this company it is one of the greatest place i have worked at. this company is hands down one place i advise anyone to work at
Good Company
Logistics/Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville AlAugust 29, 2016
Very good company, employees and overall moral come first.

Learned valuable logistics skills through my position and mentorship from management.

Co-workers all work as a team for the benefit of the program. Very talented and enjoyable co-workers.
Great company!!
Principal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 2, 2016
This is the apex of engineering within the Huntsville Area. Absolutely incredible company who cares about their employees.
awsome place to work
Principle Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 24, 2016
Awesome place to work.
management is great, there is not a contract right. hopefully something will show but for now I am looking else where.
Dynetics HSV AL
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 14, 2016
Most co-workers are great people to work with. Good benefits. Little opportunities for advancement for non-engineers. Anyone in a non-engineering role seems to be undervalued by management.
Poor Management = Poor Performance = Poor Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  HuntsvilleJuly 25, 2014
Started with the company in 2013. The management is either incompedient or just doesn't care about the welfare of its employees and does not seek to retain employees if a contract is lost. There is a large lack of communication from the top-down and a hostile corporate culture that keeps you looking over your shoulder. Management WILL throw you to the proverbial wolves to save their own hide. They are constantly underbidding contracts in terms of time and money required to complete tasks. This, along with poor management, causes a lot of employees to have to work a lot of unpaid overtime to complete tasks. I would not recommend this company to any potential employee.
Pros
Free Coffee, Good Health Insurance
Cons
Poor and Incompedient Management, Lies to employees about actual work conditions, Does not support employees, Does not seek to retain employees, Hostile corporate culture
Teledyne Brown Engineering is a good place to work
Visualization and Animation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 25, 2014
Teledyne Brown Engineering is a publicly held subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies. They have a long history of involvement with Space and Defense. Their management has a good track record of securing contracts. Many technical careers have started at the company. I have many friends among my former coworkers there.

I was exited to go to work in the Space Systems branch. As a long time space and science fiction advocate this job was the realization of a dream. The hardest part of working there was the realization that the Payload Mission Integration Contract would end when Spacelabs became obsolete as the Space Station came on-line.
Pros
There was excitement and romance to be working on the Space Program
Cons
Retirement benifits lagged behind because of the transition from traditional pensions to a 401k.
Dynetics is a great place to work.
Visualization and Animation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlFebruary 25, 2014
Dynetics is an employee-owned corporation with a great corporate culture. It is an exciting place to work with a diverse and interesting set of projects to be involved with. They have experienced fast growth that is managed well. They have good reputation of delivering more than what was expected and exhibit very high ethical practices. The company is family oriented and contributes to their work force by providing a clear path of advancement, good compensation, including retirement benefits and company stock.

I never met a disgruntled employee. There was always a clear line of communication between management and my peers. Coworkers had a sense of urgency and always gave their work their highest level of focus and dedication.

I learned that every employee played an important role at Dynetics. There was never any pressure as long as you delivered what you promised and kept management informed of the status of your project.

I guess the hardest part of the job was keeping up with advances in software as they developed and staying relevant as projects continued to progress in complexity. That was also the most enjoyable part of being there. Learning new techniques that allowed me to contribute is immensely satisfying.
Pros
Free coffee, employee-owned, privately held stock, great facility, good management and coworkers
Cons
None, except that my career came to an end in the face of Army budget cuts.
Great Place to Work
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 17, 2013
Flexible hours
Good Work environment
Co-workers are easy to work with
Challenging but rewarding work
Great High Tech Firm
Corporate Business Development (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2013
Responsible for the identification, qualification, and capture of revenue/IBT for IT & Cyber procurements across the company. Developed, garnered management support for the plan and executed the corporate strategic plan in the DoD market-space. Work across 4 business units to aggregate and apply capabilities into new markets. Developed and executed the strategic plan for SPAWAR Atlantic (Charleston, SC). Personally developed a new business portfolio that included Army, Navy, Air Force and DoD targets. These include efforts at SPAWAR Atlantic (IA/CND, IO/ISR, and Space organizations), Redstone Arsenal, Colorado Springs (Air Force Space), USTRATCOM, and the contracts in the National Capital Region. I provided guidance to others on a broad range of BD activities including Strategic Planning, Capture Management and Price to Win.
Pros
great capabilities
honest people
Management Support Technical Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 14, 2012
company cares about personal growth, mgrs are kind and friendly, did find that some departments are clickish.
Pros
university at corp site
Cons
my contract was less than 1yr

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dynetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3