Dyson Employee Reviews

Dyson is a amazing company to work at
DJ (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Dyson is a amazing company to work at and is a very creative radio & production company where they teach and make you feel apart of a winning team , Dyson is always creating, this is a company that believe in helping other ,a company that gives back into the community
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great for temporary seasonal position, but not great for long term.
Dyson Expert (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2019
I worked as a dyson expert full time at bed bath beyond retail store, and one thing I noticed was no growth and false information throughout the months working for them. This job would be good for short term only, and the company would never promote someone within. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone, including you may feel like an slave after working in a few weeks. They are also breaking the US labor laws, such as only 30 minutes lunch breaks while standing for 8 hours. No recognitions even if you working over your job description says. AVOID if you care for your future.
Pros
Independent
Cons
30 minutes lunch break, no growth, management unresponsive, salary, standing on the feet for 8 hours.
great company
Customer Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 31, 2018
Very friendly staff. Someone is always willing to help. Additional training is available. Great benefits they even help you set up your benefits. Opportunities for growth.
Cons
call center sales
Do not come here! I’m leaving!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 8, 2018
The company is terrible and they are not interested in anything accept staying on the job and not doing any work. The most unprofessional management and leadership I’ve seen in any company that charges so much for there product. People leave the company quickly because they are not appreciated and paid for their services. I wish I had known about Dyson before I took a job here. I’m looking for a different company. This one is terrible!!
Pros
Free ice
Cons
Hi turn over, management is slow to learn anything.
Great Products - Poor Leadership and Culture
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2018
Constantly changing product launches, myopic management decisions and asinine targets coming from HQ (UK) have led the US Business to be a poor place to work.
Pros
Great products, good people.
Cons
Constant chaos due to leadership changes. Unattainable cultivates lead to a poor morale.
Superb
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 7, 2018
I left for personal reasons my second year there. It really was a great job and company to work for. Benefits, hours and salary are great, especially if you have a family. When i left, they had to let go alot of managers and it became a circus in there.
Pros
Pay, time off, 401k
Cons
there really weren't any. Just no management at the time I had left
Dyson is a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 1, 2018
Dyson is a great place to work . They have a good work environment and opportunities to grow within the company. Management does a great job of making sure the employee morale is high.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
30 minute breaks
Lack of Access
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 29, 2018
I was brought on as a contract employee and after 7 days of not having access to the software I was required to use to do my job I was let go because I was then too far behind in my training for the demands of the holiday season. All other contract employees had their access several days before me.
Pros
It was close to my home
Cons
IT doesn’t seem to expedite processes.
Productive, competitive
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 26, 2018
Overall the job was easy and it was competitive and you always had room for bounsing they had competitions for prizes , they had really good crew to help with anything you need like help assists the customer
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Favoritism
The Morale has Depreciated
Customer Service Representative Tier II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 23, 2018
The ratings speak for itself. This company has went down hill from 5 years ago. The morale has depreciated. Hopefully Management changes and maybe the ratings can be better.
work from home
Online Specialist (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 17, 2018
Love the work environment at Dyson everyone is great and helpful I have recommend people to work here I would recommend anyone to help. Great family vibe environment.
Great environment
Sales/Demonstrator/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 31, 2018
Very solid technical company. Training was excellent. Just no place for advancement. Dyson Ltd.is a British Technology company that designs and manufacturers vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, hand dryers, bladeless fans and heaters.
• Sales Key Account Costco
• Promotional Events
• Retail Demonstrations
Productive Workplace
Procurement Executive (Current Employee) –  LagunaOctober 23, 2018
Dyson is a technology company and is a productive workplace but DYson has its own way of process which is different in all manufacturing site.

I have learned more in Dyson like developing skills, strong strategic sourcing and strong communication skills.

Management are people orientated, but still there are times that some employees and top management are not approachable.

The hardest part of the job is you have to measure your KPI by yourself for you to depend your position.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie.
Pros
Free Lunch and Monthy Rice Subsidy
Cons
Communication Gap - Time Zone
One of the best companies I ever worked for.
Product educator demonstrator and promoter (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 16, 2018
ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES I EVER WORKED FOR.
IN EVERY ASPECT.
The position is part-time only, however, the pay is great as well as the bonus.
great management support and training program online and in classes.
working environment an attractive line of product to sell promote and learn about.
great cell phone apps which help with total communication with all co-workers as well as at the management level.
enjoyable work environment with constant information learning experience.
Pros
Its like running my own business.
Cons
Non
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2018
The work culture is open but communication is lacking between departments. The pay if fair but not equal and work place stress low. Good place to start a career and build.
Pros
Open workplace; Pay
Cons
Communication
Fun and Educational
Beauty Specialist for Austin Area (Former Employee) –  Austin AreaSeptember 17, 2018
Lost of travel and education. Plenty of ways to stay connected with peers and grow. Company encourages growth and insists on a result driven sales force.
Pros
Lots of resources
Cons
Not enough work hours
Great environment, great pay however balance of work and home suffered.
Chat Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Dyson was a great place to work in regards to the hourly pay / commission, and incentives. However the chat/email position was at often times very chaotic. When there were issues with systems down or customers employees were often left searching for a manager to assist. Dyson does not offer much room for advancement. At the top there are about 5 managers/supervisors who are spread thin. Limited room for advancing past a customer service agent. Best part of this job was the pay. They provide a great hourly pay as well as a generous monthly commission for the sales you have acquired. Thousands in commission monthly however you will make many sales given the mandatory overtime during peak hours and holiday season. Great if you do not have a family.
Pros
Great Pay, Commission, Discounts
Cons
More sales focused rather than providing quality customer service, limited advancement, mandatory overtime
Challenging Work
Project Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
My time at Dyson was a formative experience, since the culture at Dyson requires employees to be less structured in their ways of working.

Leadership is whip smart, but some senior level managers are a bit shoddy.
Good Team
Retail Sales Expert (In-store Direct Sales) (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJuly 5, 2018
Good team environment for sales experts. The sell out team goes into assigned retailers to interface with the public and to present the Dyson line-up.
Great Job
SALES EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2018
A typical day consists of 8 hours spent in a store, speaking with customers, training store employees, doing demonstrations on latest products. Love working for such a great company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dyson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight