Dyson Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Team
Retail Sales Expert (In-store Direct Sales) (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJuly 5, 2018
Good team environment for sales experts. The sell out team goes into assigned retailers to interface with the public and to present the Dyson line-up.
Great Job
SALES EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2018
A typical day consists of 8 hours spent in a store, speaking with customers, training store employees, doing demonstrations on latest products. Love working for such a great company
worst company for succesful sales people
Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2018
Management has little to no communication with you about most things especially about your compensation. They cut hours when ever they feel like it and offer no benefits such as PTO or sick days. no health benefits either. They expect you to use your own equipment for work and don't compensate you for that either. I was #1 in the company in sales and was worked out of my bonus a few times! Big company that nickels and dimes you.

Only reason someone should take this job is because they're out of work but keep looking. This company doesn't care about their employees.
Pros
Management is remote so you don't have to deal with them.
Cons
Everything else
Typical marketing company - Dyson Expert Demonstrator
Dyson Demonstration Expert (Current Employee) –  West coastMay 16, 2018
Great product, of the best machines out there. Lots of fun people to work with, either within your own group, your store, and customers.

Great "job" if you are only looking for weekend week, without advancement.

Dyson used to promote from within. Now all they do is hire their buddies from other companies. Such extreme nepotism. Its such a shame. You're doing everything the right way, and should progress up the corporate ladder, but not here. You can bet the upper level managers will be calling their friends for that lower level manager position that only once in forever becomes available.

Also, the managers dont trust anyone. You have gps on your phone and are logged into at minimum 3 apps that track you. No, Dyson isnt paying for that phone either.

No raises, maybe a bonus once a year, but not a lot.

8 Long hours standing and engaging everyone that walks by, hoping to sell a $600 vacuum.

I question if this is James Dysons vision. I bet not. I would think he would want his front line happy and to feel appreciated, and compensated.

I wont even get into the drama. Managers should be professional and not discuss other exerts with other managers or peers. I guess that's not Dysons fault, thats horrible managers fault.
Pros
Great machines to represent, can be fun.
Cons
Long days standing on hard floors, no advanvcement opportunities.
My Personal View
online customer service (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 9, 2018
I have been doing the same job for the past 5 years even though I've applied to other positions elsewhere in the company to advance my career, but I'm still doing the same exact position even though people who have been there far less time than I have have already moved onto other areas, and into other positions.
Pros
decent beneftis and compensation
Cons
having to cleanup mistakes from others and doing their work as well as my own
Fun place to work
Customer Service/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
I love the work at Dyson, loved the people I work with. I work as digital support via chats and emails, with occasional phone support when needed.

We troubleshoot issues customers might have with their machines, but mostly we create commissioned sales. Thos bonus/commission checks are quite nice every month.

You will have those occasional disgruntled customers but we soldier through and still try our best to give them superior Dyson support.
Pros
Work from home, pay
Cons
N/a
Great Pay for little time worked
Field Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  MDMarch 7, 2018
It was a great part time job. Only on weekends. I got to go to chicago to train. There really a fantastic company and after seeing what they do, I can see why there prices are higher than others.
Fast pace work environment
Schedule Planner (Former Employee) –  painsville, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Very fast pace position
Required a lot of training
Handled a lot of in going and outgoing inventory
Co workers were very pleasant and helpful
Had to meet high expectations
Productive and Learning Environment
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Dyson is a great place to work. It's a place were you can get much more experience and learning problem solving skills everyday. I feel proud going to work at Dyson, despite grumpy customers because throughout the day, I get to be a great help to at least 50+ people by solving their problems or recommending them the perfect machine that fits their needs.
Pros
learning, hands-on experience
Cons
should pay a little bit more because CES jobs are not easy
N/a
Lead Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 31, 2018
A great place to work,although better communication between upper and low level employees is needed.
If customer service and fixing vacuums is right for you, go for it!!!
Fun and Pays Well
Seasonal Dyson Expert (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PADecember 26, 2017
Dyson is great company to work for because they have trusted products that attract customers without the demonstrator doing much selling. As long as you do your job its not a hard place to work.
Relaxed Environment
Umbrella of Finance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2017
It's extremely relaxed company wide. As far as flexibility, my department has a lot of it. But this varies from department to department as many of the other perks do.
Customer Specialist Agent (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 4, 2017
Great company to work for as an entry level worker. The atmosphere is standard and everyone gets along. The work is consistent but at times can make an impact like any other job.
Great Technology
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 23, 2017
Great Technology and product development. No excuse for position to be terminated after rising to top 1% of sales for Dyson. Management was under qualified in understanding products.
Pros
Product
Cons
Management support
Stay FAR Away
Virtual Chat Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VirtualNovember 14, 2017
This is the worst work at home job I have EVER had. Zero organization within management. Pushed daily to make sales. Was not worth the $14.00 hr pay and benefits. Agents will lie on a daily basis to customers just to make a sale. If you love the cutthroat world of sales then this is the job for you!
Pros
Work@Home
Cons
Sales Pressure Stress, Horrible Shift Options, Poor and Unorganized Management
Started out good...
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 6, 2017
When I first started working here it was wonderful. Good environment with positive people and the opportunity seemed infinite. By the end of my first year I was able to discern the difference between what we were told we could achieve and what we were actually allowed to achieve in this company. If you're good at your job they don't care about what would be best for you or your life; they care about the company's need for you and where they want you. Certain people are allowed to progress however in order for this to occur you have to fit a certain demographic or have a close relation to someone else in the company. They even integrated a way to make more money but even with this there was a catch. Firstly, you had to pass a test which you may or may not be allowed to take. A test that was "supposed" to be administered every 6 months; however this did not occur consistently meaning raises did not occur consistently. Secondly, they will allow you to cross train for different departments for years and when an opportunity opens in the department they hire persons outside of the company whilst their actual employee awaits any type of response or follow up. Management is a mess and in turn so is the call center.
Pros
Gift cards, free lunches, discounts
Cons
short breaks, low compensation, no appreciation, no follow up
Amazing Products and a honor to represent Dyson!!
Expert Demonstrater (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2017
Work as a part time demonstrator for several National Retailers demonstrating Dyson products. Interactive with a variety of consumers and discuss the benefits of owning the products.
Pros
Great pay for Part time, product discounts, ongoing training
Cons
Little advancement opportunity
Interesting products, poor management at district level.
Dyson Expert (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2017
District manager seems to be of the sort that scour the ranks of the staff looking for someone to blame for all the problems rather than working together to resolve issues; demands respect but refuses to reciprocate, more concerned with the Dyson associate shoes and phone apps than with inventory and sales. Once upon a time this was a great job with great pay for part time work. Now the atmosphere is toxic in the Denver area.
Pros
Great products, amazing technology
Cons
incompetent district manager
Awesome Products!
Sales and Demonstration Expert (part time) (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 14, 2017
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dyson! If you love sales, you will love selling Dyson products. They sell themselves and are worth the money! It's a fun, interactive way to connect with customers.
Great product and co workers
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2017
Dyson offers great products, innovated thinking and a balanced life style.

This is a very laid back culture, and a typical work day is on Saturday and Sundays demonstrating their household product lines:
Vacuums
Environmental care: heaters, fans, air purifiers, humidifiers
Personal care products
Pros
Great product
Cons
Not enough hours and several locations