E*TRADE Financial
70Above average

E*TRADE Financial Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA54 reviews
Contract employee loved working at the Arlington office
I had a great experience working as a contract/hourly employee. I was hired by an agency to work at the Ballston location. Great staff and office environment. I was included in the virtual staff/ marketing meetings. I reported to a great Director and Senior Manager there. I wish that I could have stayed on longer, but I needed a full time job with benefits. I left after 8 months to start working at a nonprofit. I miss my former colleagues at ETRADE.
For the most part, senior managers have been at the company the majority of their careers.
Job happiness is almost exclusively dependent on your manager. In more than 15 years, I've worked for good, bad and mediocre bosses. When I reported to good managers, I was happy. Currently, I report to a dolt and my job is miserable.
A nice place to work. Ergonomically set work environment
I worked as a consultant (contractor) through Amalga Systems, Inc. E*Trade was highly secured work environment. I had opportunity to evaluated testing controls in the footprint in order to determine desired control type needed for implementation.
Average place to work
It just depends on where you work at the company, my overall experience was not good. They did not have flexible work hours, no remote work options. Overall experience was ok
Employee focused
Employee focused environment. Advancement opportunities. An environment that focused on learning various aspects of the E*TRADE businesses. My mortgage knowledge was expanded to include understanding secondary marketing processes.
Pros
Off site events
Cons
Clicks
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Disruptive constantly shifting management objectives
Decisions made change constantly. Hard to define priorities and gain stability in your performance. Many of the employees here are very talented but upper management makes decisions without consulting to see what the down chain effects will be.
Positive Work Environment and flexibility
Great management in the business unit I worked in, with very flexible work/life balance arrangements. Positive atmosphere with some very smart individuals.
Learn to Prioritize
The new technology work comes in fast. Every day presents new opportunities and issues. They add to your backlog and you continually reassess and reprioritize. You have to stay focused to stay on top of it all. You get things done, but it doesn't always look like progress was made.
Was a nice place to work
Very busy...Rarely had time to study or relax
Linux/OS installation/Database support/Network support/virtual server support/

Very isolated from corporate environment wortking in a Cola

Worked with great people
awesome place to work
truly miss this employer...was laid off due to mortgage crisis back in 2008. great management,great culture. Hours were very flexible and the most enjoyable part of work was the individuality of the position.
Pros
everything
Cons
had to pay for parking
good
This was a good company to work for. Never had any problems with managers, employees or HR. I would highly recommend to work for this company at any position.
Experience
E*Trade provides opportunity to gain relevant transferable experience. The environment and culture is fast-paced and can be challenging; however, hard work is rewarded and the compensation is fair. I've spent 12.5 years with E*Trade and have developed lifelong relationships with my several of my colleagues.
Great Benifits, Terrible Culture
Etrade is very competitive with their salary but has a bad culture. Most Senior Management is set in their ways and wont allow teleworking. They are also not good about promoting internally. Some departments are cut throats and people will do anything they can to throw other people under the bus to make management overlook their shortcomings.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad Culture
Great employees, great location and wonder benefits.
Good company to work for. Job and work life balance was balanced. The compensation and benefits were exceptional. Job security and advancement was average. The management staff was average and the job culture was the same.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and great benefits
Cons
Inconsistency in corporate values.
Great company
Company is great to work with and is highly recommend to everyone that can qualify to work there. The hardest part of the job is deciding what department to work within.
Temporary Job
This was a temporary job. Although it was temp, it was nice. I met some really good people, but I wanted more. I knew my job and I did it well, but the opportunity for becoming full-time was not going to happen.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
temporary job
n/a
Large recent turn over in the compliance departments which has made for uncertain future. No career advancement for last five years.
Good people overall.
Great place
Learned a lot, and I met some really great people. There was outside circumstances that led to my lay off but If that didn't happen I would still be there.
good place to learn but poor work life balance
The company has high turnover. It has a lot of initiatives but not enough resources and poor priorities. However, it is a good place to learn and provide plenty of opportunities for someone who just graduates from college and/or someone who would like to move up fast, similar to a big 4 firm environment.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Etrade. It's a great place to work. The people there are exceptional and very professional. I would highly recommend it.
This was a Great place to work, they had Hockey tables so you can take a break to relieve stress.
I worked at E*Trade for 10 years and have nothing but Great things to say about it. The was very understanding of employees with kids. We had excellent team building projects, and family events that they hosted.
Pros
Excellent benefits, paid leave and bonuses was a PLUS
Ask a question about working or interviewing at E*TRADE Financial. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

E*TRADE Financial Reviews by Location