E*TRADE Financial Employee Reviews

Perfect for college grads
Associate Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 6, 2019
If you’re looking for a big company that is willing to invest in you, this is the one. I was actually a marketing major out of college, having no experience in the financial field. Lucky for people like me, this is a company that is looking to groom you into having a great career
Pros
Work culture, administration, compensation
Cons
Schedule bidding
If you have another offer, take it
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Maybe it was just my department at the time, but days are long, everyone is ALWAYS online (2 am emails? The norm), working weekends is second nature, health benefits aren’t competitive. It’s just a company trying to break even with the street. Some drink the koolaid with this place, but I was never one of them. I don’t recommend.
Pros
Karl Roessner
Cons
Everything else
Great place to learn about equiities markets
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 8, 2019
E*Trade's biggest appeal is their willingness to train almost anyone about investments enough to pass FINRA licenses. The downside to working here is that most of your time is spent on the phone, dealing with people who often know more about investing than you do. Overall, a great place to get a start.
Not a good company
CREDIT RISK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 1, 2018
Company lacks diversity and all of the talented people leave or are fired by insecure senior management who don't have the skillset to adapt to a new position with another company.

Senior management doesn't care about its employees on the bottom line. There is no job security and the culture is toxic and emotionally draining.
Basic Call Center Experience.
Floor lead (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 5, 2018
It was your basic call center experience. You do get to learn a lot about investments, and are facing new questions everyday for a while. You mostly end up navigating clients through the website though.
Pros
Decent culture for a brokerage firm. Good managers. Training and skill building oppurtunities.
Cons
It's a call center., Very metric based and sales heavy, Every trader had to work weekends in the Salt Lake City center by the time I left
Realistic Goals
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 8, 2019
Client acquisition requires a lot of time and energy as a financial advisor. ETRADE provided me with clientele so I can utilize my education and skills to help investors. This allowed me to focus on the client providing me with optimal time to overcome my corporate commitment.
Dynamic env, modernizing quickly, good people and top leadership
Sr. Staff IT Change Management (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Dynamic env, modernizing quickly, good people and top leadership
I wish I was had not left -- their best changes happened right after I left. People return there after having tried other companies. Good veteran staff, and new fresh blodd and ideas as well -- good mix for evolving.
Pros
dynamic pace good people and accountability
Cons
high turnover, competitive/cutt-throat
Great place to learn
LICENSED STOCK BROKER (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 15, 2018
You learn a lot at Etrade though it can be a grind. If you are working in the call center it is strict time with no opportunity. The culture is trying to shift to retain talent however you are at the mercy of your manager. No flexibility is the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable is the coworkers.
Pros
You learn a lot
Cons
it's a call center environment, could have a bad manager
Great place to work unlike any place i've seen before
Platinum Relationship manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 10, 2019
Let's see.
Recent new hire with over 10 years experience in banking and finance. E*TRADE is my 5th employer in financial services.
And it is unlike anything I have seen before.
From the first day walking through the doors, I was greeted by senior management with a smile and made to feel like I am a wanted member of my team who will add value.
E*TRADE is the first organization that I have worked for where it is not about I, but what I can bring to the team and how we can all grow together. I am extremely blessed and happy to be here.

Now for the benefits

2 weeks PTO plus regular sick days
normal work schedule 40 hours a week 9-5 or 10-6 depending on scheduling needs. Overtime is available if you would like.

Overall I would say this is a great organization for someone who is hungry, wiling to learn and really cares.
Pros
2 weeks PTO plus regular sick days, great management and good work/ life balance
Cons
older technology and hiring process can be long
Great work environment
Fixed Income Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 17, 2019
Good location and great work environment. Employees are valued and a lot of events to rally the employees in local, regional and national basis. Great referral bonus as well!
Pros
Standing desks or super comfy chair
Cons
Benefits are weak
Everyone on the same page
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Branding & Acquisition (Marketing)August 22, 2018
E*TRADE is a collaborative environment, especially within design. Everyone has their role, but we all make sure we are on the same page between people and teams. It's a great overall setup.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, managers, ERG programs, snacks, lunches often, office
Cons
Not doing enough that really matters in the past, but that's changing!
Worst job I have ever had but most people there were nice.
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 9, 2018
The Series 7 and Series 63 training was very beneficial but once you get out on the floor you are expected to learn everything though trial & error. The Team leads were worthless and would try to make you look stupid for asking questions. Worse place I have ever worked going all the way back to high school. I wouldn't refer my friends even though we got $1500 if they make it 90 days.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Management, Micro Managing, Pay
Was a nice place to work
Sr. Staff System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 3, 2018
Very busy...Rarely had time to study or relax
Linux/OS installation/Database support/Network support/virtual server support/
Very isolated from corporate environment wortking in a Cola
Worked with great people
An OK company to work for
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 19, 2018
E*TRADE provides the opportunity to obtain broker licenses and rewards hard work with promotions/advancements.

The corporate culture could use much improvement. Benefits are the same in year 10 as they are on day 1 of employment. Management expects employees to do more without a budget or much support.

I typically worked 50-60 hours per week as a manager.
Great Benifits, Terrible Culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 10, 2018
Etrade is very competitive with their salary but has a bad culture. Most Senior Management is set in their ways and wont allow teleworking. They are also not good about promoting internally. Some departments are cut throats and people will do anything they can to throw other people under the bus to make management overlook their shortcomings.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad Culture
Management does not have the skills to be a manager.
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 31, 2018
Management was an issue not providing whats needed to be at that position. All managerial responsibilities were passed to team leads as managers take breaks and lunches.
Good work life balance
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 6, 2018
A lot of work flexibility. The company is growing at a fast pace so a lot of opportunities to grow and good team work environment. The company sponsors a lot of ad hoc employee appreciation events which help to foster a good working environment.
Directionless
Fixed Income Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 2, 2018
E*trade by its name was supposed to be a fast-paced cutting-edge online trading firm. But I was part of a group that made had nothing to with online trading and the company failed to utilize the potential of that unit.
Experience
Director, Credit Risk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 23, 2018
E*Trade provides opportunity to gain relevant transferable experience. The environment and culture is fast-paced and can be challenging; however, hard work is rewarded and the compensation is fair. I've spent 12.5 years with E*Trade and have developed lifelong relationships with my several of my colleagues.
awesome place to work
MORTGAGE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 29, 2018
truly miss this employer...was laid off due to mortgage crisis back in 2008. great management,great culture. Hours were very flexible and the most enjoyable part of work was the individuality of the position.
Pros
everything
Cons
had to pay for parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E*TRADE Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight