E & J Gallo Winery Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you like walking on eggshells
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 4, 2019
Very stressful place to work management just wants to write ppl up. They have good pay that’s why I’m still there but seems like you get a write up for any lilttle mistake
Pros
Pay
April 11, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss your concerns with management. If you would prefer that your feedback is kept confidential, please reach out via feedback@ejgallo.com.

Nicest people ever worked with
Office (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILMarch 7, 2019
Very fair company. They care about their employees. All company rules and regulations were fair and accurate. Company always showed recognition and thanks to their employees.
Pros
All were treated equally.
Cons
Human Resources was never ran well.
March 11, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best.

Easygoing team
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Provided with accurate training and support to be successful. Team environment with supportive team members, and managers. Relaxed atmosphere with flexible attire and schedule
February 14, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Best of luck to you!

Training to the fullest.
Customer Development, Senior Manager, Barefoot (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Gallo is an excellent training ground. I learned a tremendous amount about the overall wine industry. I gained the ability to manage people at early opportunities in my career. You have ability to work non stop and for the people who are passionate about their positions this is your playground. You get the ability to back and forth from the Winery to the Distributor. You do have to watch for the occasional reorganization.
Pros
Training Development, Team Atmosphere
Cons
reorganizations, bottle necks at positions.
February 12, 2019

Thanks for your detailed feedback. We appreciate the time you spent with Gallo and we wish you the best of luck with wherever your career may take you. Cheers!

Successful high demand environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 4, 2019
Company possesses deeply talented people in specialized skill areas. Strategic plans and visions are solid. Best suited for those who can manage up.
February 6, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Indeed. We wish you the very best in wherever your career may take you. Cheers!

I worked as a temp
Temporary Analyst (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked as a temp at E&J Gallo Winery. I enjoyed my time there, and would go back again. It is a great place to work. I met lots of people, and got to use my accounting and spreadsheet skills extensively.
February 6, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciated all of your help and wish you the very best in your future career endeavors.

Cheers!

Great work atmosphere
Engineering Project Manager Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 30, 2019
The employees and management are very welcoming and easy to get along with. Everyone has space to accomplish the tasks they need without managers breathing down their neck. Overall, great work environment with very good opportunities.
February 4, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience. Best of luck in the future!

Fast-paced and Change Oriented
Business Analyst Lead (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 23, 2019
The workplace itself is very dynamic, with changing needs/assignments based on the requirements of the business and its owners at any given time. This could be somewhat stressful for individuals who are not change-oriented.

All systems projects were assigned to teams made up of both systems and user-department employees, which increased the probability of project success, as many different expertises and points of view were taken into consideration during any given project. It also widened the team members' business knowledge and experience.
Pros
Great Benefits, great work associates
Cons
Long hours, stressful work environment
January 25, 2019

Thanks for your review! We will pass your feedback along to our IT leadership team. Best of luck in the future!

Great People and Great Environment
Production Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 22, 2019
I interned at EJ Gallo over the summer and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. There was a great work culture and people really encouraged me to grow and learn as an intern. Would highly recommend!
January 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your internship with us. Best of luck in the future!

Great workplace to learn and grow
Chemical Technician/Intern (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAJanuary 10, 2019
E & J Gallo Winery is definitely a workplace that is near and dear to my heart. They gave me so many opportunities to learn and grow at work and also outside of work. At times, it is a stressful place to work, but it is manageable. I would definitely come back to work with them if the opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Great benefits and amazing people
Cons
High expectations
January 14, 2019

Thank you for the great review. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Gallo!

Great Job
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Was seasonal but everyone was happy and enjoyed working there. They pay you great and treat you like you are family. I worked pretty far from home and couldn't commute any longer.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your hard work and wish you the best of luck in the future!

Summary
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Very easy and requires no experience for entry level jobs. Lots of room to rise. Different kinds of jobs. Very welcoming. Well organized and a very good place to work
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Gallo.

Very fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CADecember 23, 2018
A Typical day at work consisted of visiting my accounts (stores) selling my product, building displays and servicing my product.
I had extensive sales training, the best ever - the Gallo way...
Gallo is family. I still have very good relationships with former co-workers and management.
The hardest part of the job was knowing I did an exceptional job daily, with minimal compensation, but because I learned so much, it was truly a rewarding experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to sell such a respected brand, making the sales and working independently.
Pros
Fun, Family, incentives
Cons
compensation
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in the future!

Many Opportunities
Demand Analyst Popular BU (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 18, 2018
There are many employment opportunities at Gallo. I worked there for 10 years, and had the pleasure of working in 4 different departments. They are a family run business that still has many family members involved.
Pros
Friendly work environment; 401k
Cons
Exempt employees tend to be overworked
December 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Wishing you a happy holiday season!

People
Team Leader 2 Bottling Operations (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working with the people there. The support and the training programs are excellent and allow you to build your skills in the all areas from the production level to senior management level, I enoyed seeing the daily results that can be achieved through the people.
November 26, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it!

Gallo is Good.
Senior Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 10, 2018
Gallo allows for many possibilities and opportunities. Family run business that still has many family members involved in the day to day business. Great company.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and hard work!

We made wine!
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 6, 2018
Family owned union shop. Best job I’ve had. If I didn’t have to relocate for family I would still be there. Great people. Great place. Owner was onsite. The perks were terrific. A global leader.
November 13, 2018

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate your kind words and wish you the best in the future. Cheers!

payroll team
Payroll Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 4, 2018
Great team that always was there to help one another out, and worked well together. Was grateful for the flexible hours I was able to work and felt appreciated for my contributions to the team.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We're glad to hear you felt appreciated for your work at Gallo. Best of luck in the future!

Collaborative, Hard-working
Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 25, 2018
Workers worked with each other in all divisions to reach one common goal, to improve and cut costs of wine production while not tampering with quality.
November 5, 2018

Thanks for sharing, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

Gallo as a professional
assistant attorney general (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 20, 2018
Gallo is old school. Women wear dresses and men wear suits, in 2018 in 105 degree Modesto! And they do not like working from home, though they recently started allowing it 1 day a week. The good thing about old school is there is respect for work/life balance and ample allowance to attend kid events. There is room for advancement because it is so big and some really interesting projects.
Pros
interesting projects, work/life balance
Cons
old modes of thinking, location
October 26, 2018

Thanks for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed the work/life balance and projects you worked on during your time at Gallo. Best of luck in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E & J Gallo Winery. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

4.4Fairygodboss Score

76%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

98%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss