E & J Gallo Winery
71Above average

E & J Gallo Winery Employee Reviews

United States282 reviews
Great Place to work
I was very happy to work there the managers are very helpful. As long as you do your job and do it right you can be promoted fairly quick. Fortunately there’s some people that don’t wanna work but want the money that’s with Any job.
April 14, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience. Wishing you all the best!
Competitiva
Un equipo de trabajo competitivo y sano
Me gusto mucho trabajar ahí por qué tratan bien a los trabajadores y te dan muchas oportunidades para aprender a hacer cosas nuevas relacionadas con el vino
The benefits are good...thats about it.
My time at Gallo was frustrating and hard. Management offers 0 help, even when asked. Its clear that the management team has had very little training in how to properly manage a team, and they have zero desire to learn. The manner in which I was approached by my superiors, was more often then not, inappropriate, unprofessional and borderline harassing. Although I was successful in my role, I was consistently made to feel unappreciated, ridiculed, scrutinized and targeted. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the members of management seemed to have zero concern for our safety and well being beyond throwing a couple of gloves at us and some sanitizer. If you are looking to excel and grow in a positive work environment, steer clear of E&J Gallo.
Pros
The health benefits
Cons
Unprofessional Management, unrealistic standards, hours, communication
There's always room to grow in this Company
This company takes care of there employees as well as each other. This company is growing and it's getting bigger. This also provides College Internship program helps understand the work in the AG business.
April 24, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it. Best of luck to you!
Fast Paced
Lack of Diversity in management. Promotions based on networking rather than skillset and productivity. A homogenous management culture than creates blind spots.
April 14, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We want you to know diversity & inclusion is a top priority for us. We’re working with an external consulting firm to review current practices and to make sure we’re providing our employees with an inclusive, fulfilling workplace. Cheers!
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Bad management
The worst management of anywhere I ever worked In the controls department the manager is dishonest and and has no knowledge of what controls and plc people do. I wouldn’t work there if your a skilled controls plc or instrumentation person
March 16, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. While concerning, we will be sharing your feedback with our HR and Operations leadership teams. If you would like to discuss your review in greater detail, we encourage you to reach out via feedback@ejgallo.com.
Very dynamic
This company is extremely dynamic and cover a tremendous range of fields from marketing, IT, agriculture, etc. They are very fast paced and fully embrace new technologies.
March 16, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers!
Seasonal Extractor Technician
Supported the operation of grape receiving and press equipment.
• Ensured all additions to juice and wine were made accurately, per the work orders

• Performed line and equipment sanitation

Seasonal Wine Worker, E&J Gallo Winery, July to November 2013

• Sanitation and tank washing
March 26, 2020
Thanks for your review. We hope you will consider future opportunities with Gallo. Best of luck to you!
Gallo Winery... a great place to work if you aren’t an hourly production employee.
E&J Gallo winery pays well, offers school reimbursement, and has decent benefits. However, the moral at the Modesto operations is grim. The backbone of the operations, the hourly production employees, are treated like garbage. The salaried employees and those lucky enough to work in offices or the shiny new building get to look forward to work every day with free coffee beverages and snacks, not to mention they come in to work smiling (which MUST be nice). The hourly production employees are quarantined off and limited to certain sections of the facilities that are mostly dirty, lacking in resources and of a lower quality. For instance, behind office doors you can even find company provided eating utensils and plates. The hourly employees are allotted utensils (when stocked) as well but of a much lower quality (I’ve actually been cut by multiple spoons). Office employees get access to restrooms furnished by Restoration Hardware, where production employees are lucky if they have paper towels stocked. Most production employees have never even seen the inside of the shiny new building let alone granted access to its amenities. That is just the facility.

The Modesto Bottling room has created an environment in which no employee is safe. It is one-man-for-himself as it is widely known that you can trust no soul in the plant. Management is at the mercy of an absolutely abhorrent Human Resources department in which their ONLY goal is to catch you doing something worthy of reprimanding. Rules and regulations have gotten so stringent that people dread and are afraid of working here.
 - more...
Pros
Better than average pay
Cons
Low moral, unjust treatment and terrible HR department.
March 16, 2020
The conduct you have described does not align with our corporate values and is greatly concerning. We do not condone any kind of inappropriate or discriminatory behavior within Gallo. If you would like to confidentially discuss your comments, please contact our third-party, confidential ethics hotline at 855-331-1488 or via ejgallo.ethicspoint.com.
Great opportunities to learn and develop within Wine & Spirits industry.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being committed to the growth of a family owned company that is leading innovation and growth within the wine industry and knowing that your contributions are appreciated.
Can be both relaxed and fast paced. Friendly co workers.
Overall good place to work. Pay is good staff and co workers are friendly. Well known establishment. Largest Winery in the world. Full time year round employment available for those who qualify and are interested. Can be stressful at times. Serious employment 24 hour business operations 7 days a week. Must be available to work any time. Business continues 24/7 rain or shine.
March 16, 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We appreciate all you do. Cheers!
Productive and creative work place.
Awesome company to work for, a typical day at work includes brainstorming with fellow employees to create new ideas for information critical to our customers.
Innovative with industry leading products
There is hardly ever a boring day. Each day is filled with activities to achieve the company initiatives. Interfacing with upper management to aligning on the next big thing to driving initiatives with the team and subordinates to get things done. You will stay busy. In the end, there is a quality product that you can be proud of.
There are definitely perks to being in the wine and spirits business.
February 18, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate all you do!
good company
The work culture in this company is family oriented.
My department is great we work at our own speed. Management does not micro-manage.

The only thing is advancement/career opportunities require relocation to Modesto, CA.
February 10, 2020
Thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoy your department and work. Cheers!
Productive, fast-paced work environment
Constantly working on multiple projects across many different departments. However, the work is often team oriented through efficient meetings to gain alignment on next steps and goals.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Some health risks
February 10, 2020
Thank you for sharing your intern experience. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers!
Great company and people, but culture going too PC
Fun, growing industry. Opportunities to innovate and drive for results. Work environment and culture are becoming so PC that the office feels sterile and not authentic, especially when dealing with millennials in snow-flake California.
Pros
Products, industry, perks, diversity of work, ability to rotate
Cons
too PC, not much opportunity for growht unless you are riding a coat-tail
Pretty fun and flexible work place
Pretty fun and flexible job. Probably one of the best jobs in term of your supervisors or people always checking up on you. Definitely one of the best jobs out here.
March 16, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience. We're listening! Cheers!
Great Place To Work
Great place to work, very inclusive and innovative. The compensation packages is very competitive and they are great with work life balance. The one draw back is that most jobs are in Modesto.
January 14, 2020
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback and all you do to make Gallo a great place to work. Cheers!
Hard work, good pay
Would return if I lived closer too job site.
Management was helpful in understanding day to day assignments.

Very heavy work requirements for moving wine.
Pros
lived closer. Place too work
Cons
Poor behaviour in work environment as a seasonal worker
Seasonal workers are treated like trash, no days off forced to go through workmanship comp due to a simple injury at work .. not understanding you rack up points for being one minute late even though you had a flat on your way to work . They do not care about your well being . Not enough restrooms on the facility. Porter potties are so hot in the summer I almost passed out in there and got in trouble for opting to use a reasonable restroom. Told my manager I was going to get gloves and then I used the restroom on my way back and I was reprimanded for that.
December 26, 2019
We are concerned to hear about your experience. The safety of our employees is of the utmost importance to us. We will be sharing your review with our Fresno-based Sr. Leaders, but if you are comfortable, we would like to confidentially continue the conversation via feedback@ejgallo.com. If we do not hear from you, we wish you the best of luck in the future.
Great Workplace with Advancement Opportunity/ Wild Work Hours
This was a great and awesome place of employment, especially right out of college. The work day started generally no later than 5-6am, however was an hourly job that compensated long days with overtime pay as well. Company culture was great and welcoming from management. Direct team manager when I was first hired on was not great, or organized for that matter, so I felt I was set up for failure in that aspect. Other than that, great experience.
December 16, 2019
Thank you for your review. We will share your feedback with the leadership team. Cheers!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at E & J Gallo Winery. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

4.4Fairygodboss Score

76%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.