E & J Gallo Winery Employee Reviews

Great reviews
DRIVERS HELPER (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 8, 2018
Great reviews Excellent workmanship great management respectful employees Great experiments for me I have learned also how to work machinery and trucks and dollies more great companies far as liquor stores
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Great
August 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Best of luck in the future!

Best working environment
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 23, 2018
This may have been my favorite job. This place paid excellent yes you would work a lot of hours but they provided a rental and a gas card and always understood if you needed to get out of work early for an important reason.
July 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review and we wish you the very best in your future career endeavors. Cheers!

Intern to Fulltime
scientist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2018
Fantastic company, great place to launch your career. Gallo is family owned, and you can feel it every day you go to work. Reach out for an internship.
July 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words and are so happy to have you as part of the family!

Good place to work fun coworkers
Racker Blender (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJuly 11, 2018
Good seasonal job to get me threw the summer. Management very understanding of outside stress. Make sure that everyone is happy and able to do their job to the best of their abilities.
July 12, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Cheers!

A company that is highly invested in its staff.
Manager Public Relations, Fine Wine Division (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAJuly 3, 2018
It was quite a high-pressure environment with no real work/life balance, but they invested heavily in my education and skill advancement. I really enjoyed representing the company's portfolio of brands.
Pros
quality products, great spokespeople
Cons
tough to get promoted, exempt employees tended to be overworked
July 6, 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your insight and we're glad you had a positive experience while working at Gallo. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

relaxed work environment
Supply Chain & Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 3, 2018
Learned a lot from my manager as an intern there at Gallo. Although it was short, I was assigned multiple projects that were new to me and learned quickly with the help of co-workers.
July 6, 2018

Thanks for your review. We're so glad you chose to spend your internship with us. Best of luck to you in the future!

Great Place to Start or End a Career
Assistant Winemaker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 27, 2018
The best of the Corporate world and the worst. The best of a family run business and the worst. Highly interested in technological advancement and Continuous Improvement. All the best, all the time.
July 1, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We appreciate the time you spent with Gallo and wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors. Cheers!

Decent Internship, no real engineering work to be had.
Corporate Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 27, 2018
I worked under a project manager installing new production equipment. I was mostly a manager and needed no engineering knowledge for my job. I spent most days organizing procurement and dealing with contractors.
Pros
Cheap wine at the company store
Cons
Harvest season will have you working long hours over all three shifts
July 1, 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback on your Internship and wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors Cheers!

Great sales training
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 16, 2018
Provides great sales training. You have an opportunity to meet some really great people in the field. It’s a very cutthroat industry as we as company.
Pros
Sales training
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals at times
June 25, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Best of luck to you!

Productive work
Wine Tech (Current Employee) –  San Miguel, CAJune 11, 2018
Bottling wine, Receive Grapes, and programing presses. Preform wine
Movements, pump-overs, racks, blending and ingredients adds. Oak install. Tank wash. Barrel work pump outs barrel down. Wet and dry measurements.
June 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate all you do.

Good For Long Term Job
Seasonal General Winery Worker (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 6, 2018
You will work a lot and lose much weight but gain muscle. However if you are doing school such as college the company would rather have you working for them or try to help you if they can. It is a good work environment, the pay is great even for seasonal work. You sometimes have to work more 8 hours sometimes but it is still worth the extra hours.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
The Hours but you will get used to it very quickly
June 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your insight and wish you the best of luck in the future. Cheers!

productive
Seasonal Winery Worker (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAMay 29, 2018
good place to learn about the wine industry. Gains experience on how treat the product. get a great work out during the summer. Learn a lot about different kinds of chemicals and wines.
May 31, 2018

We're glad you had a positive experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Cheers!

Great Place to Work
National Account Manager - Military Division (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2018
Great Place to work with great people as well. Good pay but not great.
Some frustrations but not more than the next company. Overall, great company.
May 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it!

great people to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 22, 2018
love the culture, if you do not know much about wine? You will definitely know your stuff. Twice a month have wine training on Fridays. The hardest part of the job? Sept-Jan you are working all hours including weekends. Merchandising and wine tastings are your responsibility
Pros
Great people to work with
May 25, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We wish you the best of luck in the future. Cheers!

Burn People Out
Project Manager - Marketing Analytics (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 27, 2018
Like any company it depends on what department/boss you have. Some are much better than others. I had a very poor boss who had a very poor boss. He did a poor job structuring his department but a good job flirting with some young ladies.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The conduct you have described does not align with our Corporate Values and is cause for concern. If you would like to confidentially discuss your comments, please contact your HR Manager or our third-party ethics hotline at 855-331-1488 or ejgallo.ethicspoint.com. The hotline is open 24/7 and is confidential. We hope you will follow up using one of the proposed avenues.

Susan Hensley
VP, Human Resources

Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 21, 2018
Overworked and provided no help by management. Exploited their workers. Work hours were 60+ hours per week, including weekends. No help provided when asked for assistance. Felt alone.
Pros
Worked with good people
Cons
Overworked
April 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We take your feedback very seriously as the culture you describe is not aligned with our company values. If you are open to confidentially continuing the conversation, we ask that you reach out via feedback@ejgallo.com.

April 23, 2018

Worked in all production areas
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 20, 2018
Gallo Winery is a well paying, consistent job in Modesto CA. It’s one of only a few places where you can work full time without worry of layoffs or security. The political atmosphere is tense because the production members are unionized and management is not. This create a kind of hostile “us against them” atmosphere from the beginning. The work can be hard but the pay and benefits are well worth it and as long as you play nice and don’t cause trouble opportunities are abundant. If management decides to single a person out for discipline they will do so and relentlessly. Show up and do your job but don’t get noticed seems the perfect motto for this job
Pros
Health Benefits/401K
Cons
Atmosphere isn’t great and trust between management and production leaves a lot to desire
April 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is troubling as we work hard to create an environment of mutual respect and partnership between our management team and production workers. If you are open to confidentially discussing your feedback in greater detail, we would ask that you reach out via feedback@ejgallo.com.

Thanks,

Betsy Cottel
Sr. Human Resources Director

Analyst (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 16, 2018
It is common knowledge that management has people working the job of two or more people therefore making for a very stressed and fast-paced environment. Unrealistic support and dedicated resources to tasks. Tight timelines on projects.
Pros
Wine and spirits
Cons
level of stress
April 18, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had a stressful experience. While we agree that the environment here can be very dynamic, we do our best to make sure workloads are manageable. Changes in expectations vary upon time of year and business need but employees are encouraged to practice work/life balance and can speak to their HR Representatives if they have concerns about managing their time. Thanks again and we wish you the best of luck!

Production worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAApril 4, 2018
I worked graveyard for gallo start at 11:30 then went over what needed to be done for our shift. I was either in charge of tank washing, oak removal or pump jobs just dependent on what had to be done. Easy work, management was real good to the employees.
April 5, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with Gallo and we wish you the very best!

April 6, 2018

Thanks for your feedback and we are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience! Best of luck to you!

Fast paced work and challenging
Material Handler III (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 17, 2018
Although being let go over an issue on my end, E&J Gallo is still a challenging yet great company to work for. Their staff are welcoming and treat everyone with respect. They are very strict on safety which is really a good thing so you can go home to your family the same way you got to work. Despite pointing out a couple serious safety cautions in the work area I was working at, it was still a very safe and fast paced enviroment nonetheless.
Pros
Great pay, friendly employees and strong leadership
Cons
Long Process to get hired and start date
March 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you brought attention to any possible workplace safety issues. The safety of our employees is our number one priority and we continue to look for ways to improve our safety processes and protocols. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E & J Gallo Winery. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight