E & J Gallo Winery Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Poor
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Good training program. Always underpaid. Top management completely out of touch with what’s happening in the field. Company culture is for young impressionable people. Older veteran employees are forgotten about.
Pros
Training
Cons
Compensation
Official response from E & J Gallo Winery
January 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your negative experience while at Gallo, and would like to better understand your concerns. If you are open to confidentially continuing the conversation, please contact us at feedback@ejgallo.com. Thanks again for sharing your feedback, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

nice
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting
Company with potential to grow and friendly personel
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
An early start time and early finish time with friendly encounters throughout the day. I was able to learn how to communicate with different personalities. The hardest part was building displays but management was there to help you and the easiest part was selling the products.
Pros
sampling of the products we sold and group hang outs
Cons
Communication was lost in some situations
Great Company. Period.
Merchandiser/Chain Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, Ca.May 26, 2015
A wonderful educational experience is what I had here. Great management, great sales team, it really felt like family. My biggest regret in my career is leaving this company.
Pros
People, Benefits
Cons
Leaving
Great workplace for young college graduates
Sales Represenative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2013
A typical day starts at 6:00 am by paying a visit to your first account of the day. Upon entering the account a sales rep. should already be prepared to make a sales presentation and service the account.
After completion of this sales call a rep. is expected to repeat this process six to eight times a day.
My sales ability has been greatly fine tuned through my experience with Gallo wine Co.
My co-workers and myself ,that are on the same team, work very closely to assure mutual success at our workplace.
The hardest part of the job is during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. In order to be successful during the holidays a sales representative needs to work 10 - 12 hours a day six days a week.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the time in the field. The amount of autonomy one has is a real joy
Pros
Incentives such as cruises and trips for top performers
Cons
Never look forward to the holidays do to work load.
Very competitive work environment to help introduce young professionals
Strategic Wine and Spirits Chain Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Chain reps work long hours on salary with no commission but they do offer incentives. Incentives are structured for high volume territories and very difficult to win if you're in a low volume territory.
Young, competitive sales environment with great company culture
Management Development Program, Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2012
Full-time sales rep who called on 24 accounts throughout a territory. Very young, energetic sales environment in a fun industry.