E & J Gallo Winery Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Very fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CADecember 23, 2018
A Typical day at work consisted of visiting my accounts (stores) selling my product, building displays and servicing my product.
I had extensive sales training, the best ever - the Gallo way...
Gallo is family. I still have very good relationships with former co-workers and management.
The hardest part of the job was knowing I did an exceptional job daily, with minimal compensation, but because I learned so much, it was truly a rewarding experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to sell such a respected brand, making the sales and working independently.
Pros
Fun, Family, incentives
Cons
compensation
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in the future!

great people to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 22, 2018
love the culture, if you do not know much about wine? You will definitely know your stuff. Twice a month have wine training on Fridays. The hardest part of the job? Sept-Jan you are working all hours including weekends. Merchandising and wine tastings are your responsibility
Pros
Great people to work with
May 25, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We wish you the best of luck in the future. Cheers!

Overworked
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 21, 2018
Overworked and provided no help by management. Exploited their workers. Work hours were 60+ hours per week, including weekends. No help provided when asked for assistance. Felt alone.
Pros
Worked with good people
Cons
Overworked
April 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We take your feedback very seriously as the culture you describe is not aligned with our company values. If you are open to confidentially continuing the conversation, we ask that you reach out via feedback@ejgallo.com.

April 23, 2018

Great management development program
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2018
E & J Gallo Winery is known for its superior training programs. The Management Development Program I was selected in to was the foundation for all my sales abilities today.
March 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear about your positive experience and we wish you the best of luck in the future!

Quick paced sales role
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 25, 2017
Amazing position, especially for new college grads. The industry is tough and competitive but determination will get you a long way. Gallo encourages great team camaraderie and has a very fun company culture. They provide many incentives to encourage sales representatives to push themselves towards their goals.
December 27, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and for all you do. We're happy you're apart of the family!

Good marketing experience
Other Sales Representative Positions (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 11, 2017
Working at Gallo, I learned a great deal about marketing and distribution. I launched several new lines of wine, including Bartles and James wine cooler. I came in 1 or 2 in many of the sales contests there by opening up accounts.
Pros
Marketing experience
Cons
No formal training at the time.
November 14, 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear your experience at Gallo was a positive one. Cheers!

Fast Paced Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 29, 2017
Gallo is not for those who want to coast by in their job. This company is fast paced and all employees that are successful know how to run and gun. It is a competitive culture and you will only thrive if you work your butt off.
October 31, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback! Cheers!

Great Training Ground
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 27, 2017
If you plan on remaining in retail sales in the alcohol beverage industry then Gallo is the place to start. They reward hard work. However, if you want to make more money then use what you learned at Gallo and go elsewhere.
September 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. While we are glad to hear that you feel we reward hard work (and we certainly agree), our ultimate goal is for our employees to grow their careers at Gallo. We work hard to provide employees with comprehensive training and competitive compensation packages as we know investing in our employees is key. Thanks again, best of luck with your new company!

Sales Representative Southern California
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2017
If you are fresh out of college and looking to get sales experience Gallo is a good company. It has renown training and will make you look appealing to a potential employer. Very hard to advance but a fast moving company.
Pros
53.5 Cents a mile
July 24, 2017

Thanks for your honest feedback, we appreciate it. If you'd like to discuss your feedback further, please contact us at feedback@ejgallo.com.

Great first job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CA 90040June 22, 2017
Gallo is a tremendous first job to learn how to be successful in outside sales. Its hard, early start times and long days. Doesn't pay great but it will set you up for success in other ventures down the line that are much more lucrative.
June 28, 2017

Thanks for your honest feedback. We truly appreciate it. All the best to you! Cheers!

Engaging work environment, hard work ethic needed
Sales Representative - Chain Division (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 5, 2017
A day to day as a sales representative for Gallo includes personal selling to decision makers. Relationships with these key decision makers are formed more and more each day with the use of communication and interpersonal skills.

Management is helpful throughout the learning process and has a high expectation of what it means to be a Gallo representative.

The workplace culture is fun and interactive with General Sales Meetings for the entire distributor.

The hardest part of the job is learning how to manage all 20 accounts as well as being able to get to each account when needed throughout the week.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a "yes" when pitching and you've accomplished your sales goals.
Pros
you get to run your own business
Cons
early mornings
June 28, 2017

Thanks for your honest feedback. We truly appreciate all of your hard work. It does not go unnoticed!

Great company-certain offices not that great
Sales (Former Employee) –  usApril 25, 2017
All depends on who you are working with. Certain offices are great and some are not. If you are low man on the totum pole don't expect the greatest treatment. The company however offers great benefit.
June 28, 2017

We are very sorry to hear that you did not always have a great experience at Gallo. If you are open to discussing your feedback in greater detail, please email us at feedback@ejgallo.com. Your opinion is very important to us and do hope that you will consider reaching out.

Company with potential to grow and friendly personel
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
An early start time and early finish time with friendly encounters throughout the day. I was able to learn how to communicate with different personalities. The hardest part was building displays but management was there to help you and the easiest part was selling the products.
Pros
sampling of the products we sold and group hang outs
Cons
Communication was lost in some situations
Great starter company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bay, CAJune 13, 2014
amazing company to start your career with after college. Their training program is by far one of the best ones out there. Hours are tough but well worth it.
Great training program
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2014
You work hard, learn a lot of sales skills that prep you for your future
Amazing Training Program
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 3, 2014
This company is a great place to start a sales career:
- Extensive training program
- Quick learning curve
- Young company
- Learn to manage yourself and others quickly
- Competitive environment
Pros
Was trained well and grew quickly
Cons
At the time advancement in company was slow
Great workplace for young college graduates
Sales Represenative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2013
A typical day starts at 6:00 am by paying a visit to your first account of the day. Upon entering the account a sales rep. should already be prepared to make a sales presentation and service the account.
After completion of this sales call a rep. is expected to repeat this process six to eight times a day.
My sales ability has been greatly fine tuned through my experience with Gallo wine Co.
My co-workers and myself ,that are on the same team, work very closely to assure mutual success at our workplace.
The hardest part of the job is during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. In order to be successful during the holidays a sales representative needs to work 10 - 12 hours a day six days a week.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the time in the field. The amount of autonomy one has is a real joy
Pros
Incentives such as cruises and trips for top performers
Cons
Never look forward to the holidays do to work load.
Great Company for long term stability
Restaurant / Hotel / Resort Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2013
My situation was many years ago, so I have no idea what Gallo is like today. Also, my experience with Gallo was under direct manager who did not like his job and that reflects on my experience. However, I new others in the company and almost all those experiences were wonderful. So, I would say Gallo is still a good place to work, but as I've noticed all jobs are only as good as your direct manager. Poor manager, poor experience. Great manager, great experience regardless of the overall company culture.
Young, competitive sales environment with great company culture
Management Development Program, Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2012
Full-time sales rep who called on 24 accounts throughout a territory. Very young, energetic sales environment in a fun industry.