E & J Gallo Winery Employee Reviews for Sanitation Worker

4.1Pay & Benefits
I enjoy working for Gallo just wish that there was more oppertunity to advance to year round employment
Gauge Master/ Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 4, 2018
although seasonal i enjoy my job there. wish there was more of a chance to become a full time employee.work at times was challenging but had some one to help me through
Pros
great pay
Cons
seasonal
January 5, 2018

Thank you for you feedback. We will be increasing the amount of opportunities for temporary/seasonal employees to move into Full-Time positions and would like to get your thoughts. We encourage you to reach out to feedback@ejgallo.com to discuss this further. We hope to hear from you, cheers!

Great place to work for the locals
Modesto Ops Cellar Sanitation Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 12, 2017
Have the opportunity to wear multiple hats on any given day. Although preached, company just falls short on true leadership and performance based promotions.
November 13, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. If you are open to it, we would like to better understand your comments around leadership and promotion opportunities. We want to make sure your thoughts are heard. We encourage you to confidentially contact us at feedback@ejgallo.com to continue the conversation.

My team leader at that moment was excellent. Team leaders before that was so terrible and unethical.
Sanitation Worker/Advance Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 29, 2017
Management is so terrible. These HR Representatives we're very inconsiderate a family situation. These HR reps are not for the Union workers they are for the company. 👎
My co-workers were the best I ever had. Great team work.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Management 👎
September 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We continuously strive to create a positive work environment for all employees. We take your comments seriously and would like to better understand your experience. Please contact us at feedback@ejgallo.com to continue the conversation.

Great working enviorment
sanitation (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 20, 2016
* Time went by quickly
*I learned great work ethics
*Obtained a lot of knowledge from my manager
*Hardest part was being the new guy
* Working hard and getting paid was the most enjoyable
Working harvest season with Gallo
Seasonal Winery Worker, Sanitation Dept (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CANovember 12, 2015
Everyday, we would start the shift with a group stretch session; I thought that this was a very good practice before going out to work. We would get our assignments from our team supervisor of what the day would look like… They were very on-top of this, letting our team know what specifically we'd be doing; saying things like 'We have oak today in Tank …' or 'We have oak today, but not until 4:30pm, the tank still needs to dry out'. There were also some days when we had nothing other than cleaning around the winery; these days seemed to go by slower than the oak days.
Though we were all seasonal employees, I'd say I got along with my co-workers well, as well as our supervisors, during the season.
While at Gallo winery in Livingston, I learned the importance of safety precautions in an industrial workplace, such as: watching where you are walking with forklifts, bicycles, and large trucks driving around; making sure large pumps with heavy hoses or caps are correctly secured so they don't come lose when water or wine runs through the pump; what the correct Personal Protective Equipment is needed to for which job; and what to do when there is a dangerous chemical spill in your work area.
One part of my job I enjoyed most was working in the silos to install either planks or bags of oak chips or dust to help with the winemaking process. Another thing was after I learned how to use a power-washer to clean the carbon-coated silos, that became a favorite of mine towards the end of my time there too.
Pros
Positive work environment, Something different and new everyday
Cons
I honestly didn't want the season to end and wanted to keep working