E & J Gallo Winery
69Average

E & J Gallo Winery Culture reviews

United States288 reviews
its a very family friendly environment
Great people to work for
Great work life balance great working conditions
Great training to help advancement

Pros
training
August 9, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate all you do for Gallo. Cheers to you!
Overall great company. Enjoyed my time there. I felt accomplished after every shift. They were willing to teach me the job. I enjoyed the people I worked with, was never a dull moment a Gallo.
Pros
Coworkers, pay, benefits
Cons
Seasonal work
August 9, 2020
Thanks for your feedback and we hope you consider Gallo in the future. Best of luck to you!
Worked there for 3 years and thought I would retire from the company. There is always someone in a company that does less then everyone and acts like he does it all. I was treated unfairly and even at times inappropriate jokes were made about my culture and religious beliefs. I was even injured on the job and made to feel like I was lying about my injuries. Amazing pay and benefits...lots of overtime.
Un equipo de trabajo competitivo y sano
Me gusto mucho trabajar ahí por qué tratan bien a los trabajadores y te dan muchas oportunidades para aprender a hacer cosas nuevas relacionadas con el vino
June 29, 2020
Muchas gracias por su retroalimentación. Esperemos considere oportunidades futuras con Gallo. Saludos!
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Lack of Diversity in management. Promotions based on networking rather than skillset and productivity. A homogenous management culture than creates blind spots.
April 14, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We want you to know diversity & inclusion is a top priority for us. We’re working with an external consulting firm to review current practices and to make sure we’re providing our employees with an inclusive, fulfilling workplace. Cheers!
This company is extremely dynamic and cover a tremendous range of fields from marketing, IT, agriculture, etc. They are very fast paced and fully embrace new technologies.
March 16, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers!
The most enjoyable part of the job is being committed to the growth of a family owned company that is leading innovation and growth within the wine industry and knowing that your contributions are appreciated.
Awesome company to work for, a typical day at work includes brainstorming with fellow employees to create new ideas for information critical to our customers.
The work culture in this company is family oriented.
My department is great we work at our own speed. Management does not micro-manage.

The only thing is advancement/career opportunities require relocation to Modesto, CA.
February 10, 2020
Thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoy your department and work. Cheers!
Fun, growing industry. Opportunities to innovate and drive for results. Work environment and culture are becoming so PC that the office feels sterile and not authentic, especially when dealing with millennials in snow-flake California.
Pros
Products, industry, perks, diversity of work, ability to rotate
Cons
too PC, not much opportunity for growht unless you are riding a coat-tail
Great place to work, very inclusive and innovative. The compensation packages is very competitive and they are great with work life balance. The one draw back is that most jobs are in Modesto.
January 14, 2020
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback and all you do to make Gallo a great place to work. Cheers!
This was a great and awesome place of employment, especially right out of college. The work day started generally no later than 5-6am, however was an hourly job that compensated long days with overtime pay as well. Company culture was great and welcoming from management. Direct team manager when I was first hired on was not great, or organized for that matter, so I felt I was set up for failure in that aspect. Other than that, great experience.
December 16, 2019
Thank you for your review. We will share your feedback with the leadership team. Cheers!
Overall it was great experience. I got to learn a lot about the information and technology field. The work environment was great. People were very friendly and always happy to help.
November 8, 2019
Thanks for sharing. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your internship with us. Best of luck back at school. Cheers!
Great family owned company. Pay and benefits are good, but they do have a tendency to assign more work than one person can handle. Always someone to help you get through the work though. Awesome co-workers!
October 28, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. Employees like you make Gallo a great place to work. Cheers!
Lots of politics. The family atmosphere, is a cool way to describe it but if some people don’t like you they will do anything to try and get you removed. Watch your back. This applies at all levels of roles.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Politics
October 28, 2019
Thank you for your review. We have passed your feedback along to our HR leadership team. Best of luck in the future.
This is an awesome place to work! The culture is laid back. There are a lot of company events that are fun to attend. The pay is competitive, and they have awesome benefits.
October 14, 2019
We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your internship experience with us. Thanks for sharing and best of luck at school!
Learned many things with this company The bosses are awesome and the environment is awesome but looking to do more Information Technology; what i'm going to school for.
October 7, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience. Best of luck in school!
The management staff was encouraging
always training and giving feedback, positive and negative
Fun and challenging

everyday was different

new items every month help create motivation to succeed
September 24, 2019
Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear about your positive experience. Cheers!
I loved working for Gallo - very collaborative environment - encourage new ideas - very supportive - only draw back was location - not a very good area in Modesto but absolutely loved it here
August 28, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience. Best of luck on your future endeavors.
It was an experience working in an industry work place . Everyday was something exciting and the workers are all very friendly . It’s aplace I would like to return
Cons
Heat
July 22, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear about your positive experience. Cheers!
Great place to work. As long as you do you're job, you will have a great experience there. I worked in the warehouse with a great team and supervision was very respectfull.
July 18, 2019
Thank you for sharing. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Best of luck in the future!