E & J Gallo Winery Culture reviews

Fun workplace
Driver/gager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 19, 2019
It was an experience working in an industry work place . Everyday was something exciting and the workers are all very friendly . It’s aplace I would like to return
Cons
Heat
July 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear about your positive experience. Cheers!

Good Company!
Skilled Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 15, 2019
Great place to work. As long as you do you're job, you will have a great experience there. I worked in the warehouse with a great team and supervision was very respectfull.
July 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Best of luck in the future!

Safe and busy environment meant. Gallo is a big family
Pilot winery assistant seasonal (Former Employee) –  Livingston,ca.June 12, 2019
Working at gallo is hands on, constant moving, cleaning ,climbing,completing work orders of various types. I learned a lot of things I never knew or had accomplished. The management is caring, safety driven and understanding. I really enjoy working outside in the winery. We have a fun loving staff. The hardest part is when its really hot outside. However, we can take water breaks and cool down as needed.
June 17, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! Best of luck in the future!

Fun pruductive, responsible and a good clean work envierment
QA LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 12, 2019
Grate place to work with responsible and productive people. Just love the environment and the work ethic that the people in E & J Gallo winery have. : )
June 17, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Cheers!

Worth waiting for
Leadership Development Program (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 27, 2019
Great company culture and opportunity for growth in locations in almost every city in the country. Fun product to sell and promote that shows consistent trends in growing business.
April 1, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Cheers!

Easygoing team
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Provided with accurate training and support to be successful. Team environment with supportive team members, and managers. Relaxed atmosphere with flexible attire and schedule
February 14, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Best of luck to you!

I worked as a temp
Temporary Analyst (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked as a temp at E&J Gallo Winery. I enjoyed my time there, and would go back again. It is a great place to work. I met lots of people, and got to use my accounting and spreadsheet skills extensively.
February 6, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciated all of your help and wish you the very best in your future career endeavors.

Cheers!

Great People and Great Environment
Production Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 22, 2019
I interned at EJ Gallo over the summer and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. There was a great work culture and people really encouraged me to grow and learn as an intern. Would highly recommend!
January 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your internship with us. Best of luck in the future!

Very fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CADecember 23, 2018
A Typical day at work consisted of visiting my accounts (stores) selling my product, building displays and servicing my product.
I had extensive sales training, the best ever - the Gallo way...
Gallo is family. I still have very good relationships with former co-workers and management.
The hardest part of the job was knowing I did an exceptional job daily, with minimal compensation, but because I learned so much, it was truly a rewarding experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to sell such a respected brand, making the sales and working independently.
Pros
Fun, Family, incentives
Cons
compensation
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in the future!

People
Team Leader 2 Bottling Operations (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working with the people there. The support and the training programs are excellent and allow you to build your skills in the all areas from the production level to senior management level, I enoyed seeing the daily results that can be achieved through the people.
November 26, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it!

Collaborative, Hard-working
Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 25, 2018
Workers worked with each other in all divisions to reach one common goal, to improve and cut costs of wine production while not tampering with quality.
November 5, 2018

Thanks for sharing, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

Great experience within a non-technical company (Manufacturing)
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 5, 2018
This environment had been a great place to work at, there is a large effort on internal promotion, but from an IT perspective there was an large opportunity to promote from within the department which was great (there were a number of examples that had left IT department roles to other departments.

The overall culture has resulted in an network of contacts that I still maintain currently.

Strong team oriented environment.
Pros
Huge opportunities for upwards promotion, emphasis on internal training
Cons
I really wish they would have adopted Macbooks ;)
September 5, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave review. We're so glad that your experience at Gallo was such a positive one and we wish you the very best. Cheers!

productive, fun and friendly enviroment to work at.
Weigh Master (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CA 95334August 27, 2018
a typical night at work was a fast pace, and busy. what I learned from working there was patience. management was very good and helpful if i needed it. the hardest part about working there was the graveyard shift.
August 28, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you the best of luck!

Great reviews
DRIVERS HELPER (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 8, 2018
Great reviews Excellent workmanship great management respectful employees Great experiments for me I have learned also how to work machinery and trucks and dollies more great companies far as liquor stores
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Great
August 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Best of luck in the future!

Intern to Fulltime
scientist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2018
Fantastic company, great place to launch your career. Gallo is family owned, and you can feel it every day you go to work. Reach out for an internship.
July 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words and are so happy to have you as part of the family!

Great Place to Work
National Account Manager - Military Division (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2018
Great Place to work with great people as well. Good pay but not great.
Some frustrations but not more than the next company. Overall, great company.
May 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it!

great people to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 22, 2018
love the culture, if you do not know much about wine? You will definitely know your stuff. Twice a month have wine training on Fridays. The hardest part of the job? Sept-Jan you are working all hours including weekends. Merchandising and wine tastings are your responsibility
Pros
Great people to work with
May 25, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We wish you the best of luck in the future. Cheers!

Very Political
ASSOCIATE DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 23, 2018
You're either in or out in terms of upward mobility, depending on your relationships with coworkers. This was a very political atmosphere. Establishing great relationships is key to success.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Politics
February 26, 2018

We definitely value strong work relationships at Gallo but we work hard to ensure all employees can thrive in their careers by creating a work environment that provides equal opportunity for all. We wish you the best and appreciate your feedback!

Great experience
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Gallo was a great place to work with a couple of drawbacks. Their demands didnt necessarily reflect the compensation. There was no cost of living adjustments and the level of raises with promotions was very poor. The training and culture are second to none and the support from management is best in class.
February 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We consider a variety of factors to determine compensation at Gallo, and we strive to offer salaries that are competitive with the external market. To accomplish this, we routinely use third-party salary surveys, adjusting compensation as needed, we review internal equity for current employees, and some roles are offered a commission incentive. We are always looking to improve and appreciate your valuable insight. Cheers!

Family Atmosphere
ENGINEER-ADVANCED - MES (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 10, 2018
The overall culture supports a family like atmosphere while maintaining an strong work ethic. Being with this company 27+ years I've had the pleasure of watching and support its technical growth.
Pros
People, Work Life Balance
Cons
N/a
May 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E & J Gallo Winery. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight