E & J Gallo Winery Culture reviews

Very Political
ASSOCIATE DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 23, 2018
You're either in or out in terms of upward mobility, depending on your relationships with coworkers. This was a very political atmosphere. Establishing great relationships is key to success.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Politics
February 26, 2018

We definitely value strong work relationships at Gallo but we work hard to ensure all employees can thrive in their careers by creating a work environment that provides equal opportunity for all. We wish you the best and appreciate your feedback!

Great experience
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Gallo was a great place to work with a couple of drawbacks. Their demands didnt necessarily reflect the compensation. There was no cost of living adjustments and the level of raises with promotions was very poor. The training and culture are second to none and the support from management is best in class.
February 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We consider a variety of factors to determine compensation at Gallo, and we strive to offer salaries that are competitive with the external market. To accomplish this, we routinely use third-party salary surveys, adjusting compensation as needed, we review internal equity for current employees, and some roles are offered a commission incentive. We are always looking to improve and appreciate your valuable insight. Cheers!

Family Atmosphere
ENGINEER-ADVANCED - MES (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 10, 2018
The overall culture supports a family like atmosphere while maintaining an strong work ethic. Being with this company 27+ years I've had the pleasure of watching and support its technical growth.
Pros
People, Work Life Balance
Cons
N/a
May 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

Great but Stressful
Intern (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 5, 2018
The harvest is intense seeing as it is the worlds largest winery. However, the winemaking team is fantastic, knowledgeable, and very supportive. Overall, a great experience and would recommend to anyone.
January 8, 2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed your internship with Gallo and we certainly appreciate all of your hard work and dedication. Best of luck to you! Cheers!

Poor
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Good training program. Always underpaid. Top management completely out of touch with what’s happening in the field. Company culture is for young impressionable people. Older veteran employees are forgotten about.
Pros
Training
Cons
Compensation
January 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your negative experience while at Gallo, and would like to better understand your concerns. If you are open to confidentially continuing the conversation, please contact us at feedback@ejgallo.com. Thanks again for sharing your feedback, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Quick paced sales role
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 25, 2017
Amazing position, especially for new college grads. The industry is tough and competitive but determination will get you a long way. Gallo encourages great team camaraderie and has a very fun company culture. They provide many incentives to encourage sales representatives to push themselves towards their goals.
December 27, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and for all you do. We're happy you're apart of the family!

Creative and very lovely place to work
Application Support/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 11, 2017
Better than before my position here made me to learn lot about time management.Since my role is all about supporting, resolving and routing tickets .Management here trained us in a fine manner.
People and work place are surroundings are such lovely.Great place to work. I had such lovely team to work and never felt hard with any kind of situation.
Pros
Bowling, lunch at outside
December 12, 2017

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Gallo. Thank you for sharing your experience and best of luck to you!

superior company in their business, very competitive, sometime stressful
State Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2017
Gallo is the leading company in their business. To maintain their position the work level is competitive and sometimes stressful.Compensation is fair to job conditions.
Pros
quality company, good advancement
Cons
stressful/demanding environment
December 6, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

Great Place to Work
Account Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2017
Great Place to work at! Family centered and competitive. The people are great. Expectations (for sales) can often be a little out of hand and unrealistic. Overall - great company!
Pros
The culture, the competition, Fast Paced.
Cons
Fast Paced
November 7, 2017

Thank you for your review! We are continuously looking at ways to improve the employee experience and this includes setting expectations and ensuring manageable work loads. We appreciate your insight! Please keep the feedback coming.

amazing
Seasonal Maintenance Mechanic Intern (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CANovember 4, 2017
gallo is a place where anyone would love to work, a place where Id love to stay but i was just an intern and i have to leave but i will one day come back with more experince and form part of this amazing team once again
November 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're so glad you enjoyed your internship here and we look forward to seeing you again. Cheers!

Fast Paced Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 29, 2017
Gallo is not for those who want to coast by in their job. This company is fast paced and all employees that are successful know how to run and gun. It is a competitive culture and you will only thrive if you work your butt off.
October 31, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback! Cheers!

Manufacturing/Production
Production/Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 22, 2017
Fast paced company. Great company over all, and fun industry to work in.
Defientely a lot of opportunities for professional growth, just need to adjust to companies culture.
Pros
Company Culture overall, benefits, wine, ability to experiment with other roles out of your background or expertise.
Cons
Management/Leadership
September 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. We value all feedback as it helps us continue to improve. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Representative or to email us feedback@ejgallo.com to discuss your specific concerns. Please keep the feedback coming.

Excellent Work Life balance
IT Lead/Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 6, 2017
Gallo is a great company to work for with excellent work life balance. The work culture is great. Work force is smart and enthusiastic about working for Gallo.
September 20, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. We really appreciate it and thank you for all of your hard work. Cheers to you!

Fantastic co-workers in the IS departments
Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 3, 2017
Mostly sit in a cubicle, but the coworkers and management were extremely approachable and helpful. The workplace culture was very friendly and encouraged success. This job was completely enjoyable and had no "hardest" parts.
September 5, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is much appreciated! We are so glad that you had an enjoyable IT Internship experience and we hope that you will continue to consider Gallo in the feature. Cheers!

Productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work, here locally. great opportunity for advancement. great leaders and managers. love the family oriented culture. Great co-workers. awesome company gatherings.
July 28, 2017

We're so happy to hear about your positive experience. Thank you for your hard work and for your time in writing this review. Cheers!

Operations Team Lead
Operations Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 6, 2017
Good company. Large culture discrepancy between various plants (Modesto/Livingston/Fresno cellars). Union hourly employees work the cellar while salaried employees manage. Good company overall, but not for the beginner manager.
Engaging work environment, hard work ethic needed
Sales Representative - Chain Division (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 5, 2017
A day to day as a sales representative for Gallo includes personal selling to decision makers. Relationships with these key decision makers are formed more and more each day with the use of communication and interpersonal skills.

Management is helpful throughout the learning process and has a high expectation of what it means to be a Gallo representative.

The workplace culture is fun and interactive with General Sales Meetings for the entire distributor.

The hardest part of the job is learning how to manage all 20 accounts as well as being able to get to each account when needed throughout the week.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a "yes" when pitching and you've accomplished your sales goals.
Pros
you get to run your own business
Cons
early mornings
June 28, 2017

Thanks for your honest feedback. We truly appreciate all of your hard work. It does not go unnoticed!

Great place to grow
Tank Washer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 15, 2017
E&J Gallo is an industry leader and a phenomenal employer. Anyone lucky enough to get their foot in the door ought to commit to the company because the job site is career oriented and you can go anywhere.
Pros
Pay, work culture, career opportunities
Cons
large company with engrained formal company culture
PRODUCTION PLANNING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 3, 2017
overall good company to work for. the culture is quite formal. the job security was high. Senior Management was occasionally inaccessible and seemingly unaware of certain work processes
June 28, 2017

Thanks so much for your honest feedback. If you are open to discussing your thoughts on Sr. Management in greater detail, we would love to have the opportunity to connect. We hope you will consider reaching out via feedback@ejgallo.com as we truly value your input.

Excellent work place
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 19, 2017
The working culture and the people around in the company are pretty good. I really learned lot of different things on my daily basis work. My skills improved a lot
July 5, 2017

We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience at Gallo. We wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E & J Gallo Winery. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.4Fairygodboss Score

76%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

90%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss