e-builder Employee Reviews

Great Culture
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 22, 2018
My overall experience was positive. The owners seem to genuinely care about their employees. If you're willing to work hard you'll enjoy the rewards. They have a game room where you can blow off some steam when needed with ping pong and dart boards!
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Unwilling to let go of a bad apple for the sake of the group
Great workplace
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 5, 2018
Great people, good work culture. Good work / life balance... family oriented, family friendly.
Sales teams have healthy competition that is great for business development and sales.
I truly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
great people
Cons
better career development / career advancement
Awesome company to work for with unbeatable culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Here are some of my favorite things about working for e-builder

-Great compensation
-Family like culture and environment
-Fun collaborative work flow
-Very friendly colleagues across all departments
-Everyone is proud to work here
-Very nice office environment
-Hardworking culture and accountability
-New Technologies
-Fantastic Benefits
-Employees always come first

I would recommend e-builder to anyone who would fit into a hard working collaborative culture where everyone cares about their fellow colleague!
Pros
Great compensation, culture benefits, management
Terrible place to work stay away
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 31, 2017
Management yells, micromanaged, back stabbing, fire at the drop of a hat, high turnover, owners are greedy and therefore expect too much too fast, poor management/leadership (or lack thereof)
Pros
Health plan
Cons
Everything else - office smelled, yelling, lying, backstabbing, favoritism, etc.
Amazing company that is growing and has a great culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 1, 2017
e-Builder is a great company to work for. The culture is top notch and it is a great place to work. Everyone of the employee's truly care about each other. This place is like no other to work for.
Great People, Poor Management
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 29, 2016
Great CEO but management is poor. Also, compensation is below market and growth is not there. High turnover due to compensation and no growth opportunities.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay and Growth
Big Mistake - don't work here
Confidential (Current Employee) –  PlantationJuly 8, 2013
This company is so mismanaged and has so many problems! They claim to be working with cutting edge technology. In reality, they are far behind the times and working with methodologies that are stale. I was promised that the company has maxed out its quarterly bonus for over 2 years. So far, they keep missing revenue goals and my bonuses are not going to cover the cut in salary I took. I'll be out of here as soon as possible! Hindsight is 20/20.
Pros
good co-workers, team oriented, health insurance
Cons
empty promises, limited growth, bad leadership, poor communication
going downhill fast
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 17, 2013
When I started at this company several years ago it was a friendly atmosphere and close knit family culture. The company has grown and so have the politics. There is very little clear direction and deadlines and process change with the wind.

The turnover has doubled this year due to bad decisions and a pressure cooker environment. I am being approached by recruiters and other companies who have positions that can increase my earnings by 20%. I think it's time to start looking at those opportunities. Get a clue, it's the people that make the culture. Core values are meaningless if they are not consistently demonstrated by Leaders.
Pros
good health benefits, coworkers, commute
Cons
corporate culture, bad leadership, overpromising and underdelivering
Dont believe the positive reviews, read the negative reviews
CC (Former Employee) –  plantation, floridaMay 29, 2013
Horrible management. Little pay. Horrible office. Horrible ethics. There are much better companies to work for. The owners are very nice. That is the ONLY positive. A TON OF OFFICE POLITICS, STAY AWAY.
Pros
Nice owners
Cons
Everything else
avoid
former employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 22, 2013
I worked there over a year ago. It's a really bad environment.They don't pay too much. Some people are really nice and others play favorites. My boss was a real jerk. Always talking about the negative and hardly any praise to the team. I am much happier in my new job.
Pros
free health insurance, company events
Cons
favoritism, boss with anger managment issues, cheap
The little engine that couldn't....
Employee (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2013
It's a decent little software company with an over exaggerated ego, lofty expectations and unreasonable demands. I love working with most of my coworkers and that's what keeps me going.

The problem is the company is managed mostly by buffoonish lackeys. It's not my style to call each leader out in an open forum on their lack of judgement, management and leadership skill, so I won't.

You'll be surrounded by some awesome coworkers. I spend more time with them than my family. You have to watch your back though, because there are some in the company, both management and non, who will sell you out for their own gain. Just be prepared if join e-Builder, you'll be micromanaged, overworked and somewhat underpaid.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
poorly managed, unsafe and unsanitary work conditions, poor work/life balance
Terrible company to work for.
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  PlantationApril 25, 2013
Employees share hotel rooms. Equipment is old. Dirty, cramped office space. Dishonest management. No room to grow with such a small organization.
Cons
big mistake working here.
Great Family Run Business
Inside Sales Associate - Business Development (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 10, 2013
Not enough training on system and product from management, to get on the phone and start getting me appointments-opportunities and just after my 30 days, I was terminated due to poor performance, or just not getting it. Any time I tried asking my manager questions, well you should already know this, then showed me. It made me feel very uncomfortable and felt like walking on egg shells and not wanting to ask questions to get better at my role, a Sales Associate. Every where else I worked with I had great coaches and mentors and they saw great things with my work ethics.
Pros
owners of company down to earth and could ask them anything to get better
Cons
sandler sales approach and i was familiar with it, their computer system was not efficient enough, 10 millions steps to just create an appointment, why are you taking so long to create opportunities
A culture second to none
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 20, 2012
Never have I worked for an organization that sets forth a true set of core values & strives to meet them at all times as with e-Builder. The Executive and Senior management team truly care about their staff and treat us all as family. The position is challenging as the company is so focused on creating raving fans of all the customers however, at the same time, highly rewarding. It is refreshing to get up in the morning & say "I get to go to work today" as opposed to "I have to go to work today."
Pros
fantastic work environment, terrific staff, growing company
An average experience
employee (Current Employee) –  plantationDecember 14, 2012
I have enjoyed working with some great people at e-Builder. The company overall is not managed well. They have grown over the past two years during a slow economy which is good. The office is usually dirty, dark and depressing, carpets torn up, the bathrooms are are only cleaned 2-3x week. I try to wait until lunchtime to go somewhere else. A big move to another space in the same dirty, dark complex is planned for next year. The company is overly micromanaged and there is blatant favoritism. My current boss has poor leadership skills and very little management training. One good thing is the annual bonus which is paid out mid January. Afterward, it will be time move on.
Pros
annual bonus, nice coworkers
Cons
clean/safe environment, corporate culture, micromanaging, inconsistent messaging
Stay away at all costs
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 10, 2012
I can't wait to get out of here. Horrible place to work. Favoritism, no values no character among management, poorly managed, disorganized. I am out of here January 1, 2013.
Cons
poorly managed, greedy, money grubbing, disorganized, favoritism
Growing, well managed organization.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plantation FlMarch 11, 2012
SaaS space employer in the construction and software industry. Well managed with strong values and teamwork.
Cons
none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at e-builder. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6