e-MDs Employee Reviews

Amazing leadership, great work-life balance
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2017
eMDs is a great place to work! Sure, there are changes as with every company, but all in all, I love working here. Leaders take the time to get to know you and there is room for growth. This company really does a great job communicating to all employees as it goes through changes.
Pros
Monthly Culture Club events
Cons
No shortage of work
N/a
Collector/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXOctober 3, 2017
I was a contractor and it was an easy assignment.

Typical day -- arrive get our - assigned accounts and start calling insurance companies concerning delinquent accounts.
Great People
Sales Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
A lot of red tape and jumping through hoops to get things done. Good people who work hard but Senior Management out of touch with day to day operations.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Senoir Management out of touch with day to day
company falling apart/ poor management
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 3, 2017
Learned a lot from the experienced credentialing staff. Great department that was always under staffed. Family environment that quickly changed with company buy outs. New director destroyed department. Unfriendly , terrible people skills. Department Hanging by a thread. Company will work you like your in a sweat shop ,show no appreciation, no raises, increased insurance rates which they blame on the employees with families covered and employee medical conditions . The department got rid of full staff to almost no staff.
Pros
Coworkers were like family
Cons
No growth, health benefits poor, management is a joke
Lack of growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXApril 18, 2017
workplace has bad management. if you were not in with the crowd it then you stood out like a sore thumb. You'd get treated like a child depending who you worked for.
Quiet office with good staff
Customer Service and Data Entry representative (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 22, 2016
eMDs is a great medical billing company, through them I have gained more experience with my customer service skills, staff was great, boss was always flexible with any issues i came upon
Pros
Flexible work hours
Changing environment
QA Configuration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2016
The company was recently purchased and the culture is changing. I work with some of the most talented people. I am responsible for providing our QA team with environments to test our software in. I restore, back up and upgrade databases using different versions of SQL on different Windows platforms.
Pros
great people
Cons
work life balance
Great place to work, yes they have ping pong table
Quality Assurance Analyst II -Automation (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2016
Pros: Great people to work with.

Cons: n/a

I enjoyed working at e-MDs. Dr. Winn was soooo cool. Many times he would take the entire company to local entertainment venues.
Pros
Great people to work with
Great coworkers, great starting point in the Healthcare IT field
Interface Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2016
I really enjoy my coworkers. They help lift you out of the sometimes difficult times this company has gone through. Overall a positive experience.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Culture of Favoritism and Selective Discipline
Software Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2015
If you are not a part of a select manager's Favorites, expect to have every rule be applied to you but not everyone else. Their turnover in their Software Support department happens because of the High School attitudes belonging to those in leadership.
Pros
Compensation was great. Even our Customers were great
Cons
Everything listed above
Very poorly managed
General (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2015
I worked for e-MDs for 4.5 years. They have a real problem with upper level management. It was constantly changing making the company seem unstable. They are also very poor at providing their employees with pay raises. In my 4.5 years, I had excellent reviews every year, but only one pay increase. This was pretty much typical for all employees.

They also have unrealistic needs for their employees that travel. I would travel week after week, sometimes coming home on a Saturday, only to be out again the next day.

The company is in constant turmoil and some of their managers got their in "convenient" ways to them, definitely not based on performance.
Pros
Can't think of why I stayed so long
Cons
Poor travel policies, poor compensation
It's okay
Quality Assurance and Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Salaries not competitive. Co-workers are great. It's an okay place to work. The company needs help with communication and smooth operations. Things seem chaotic as a whole. Over worked/under paid is the feeling I get from other co-workers.
Good place to work. Not alot of stress.
Software Support and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2015
The best part of working at e-MDs was we were all a big "family". Everyone supported and helped each other. Unfortunately, with the merger reorganization, alot of good people have been let go which in the long run will hurt e-MDs.
Good for gaining experience
Interface Integration Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Executive management doesn't understand or refuses to address failings in the company. Workloads are overbearing in most departments. The employees are the best part of the company. Most everybody is friendly and easy to work with. Culture is lacking, most employees don't have a favorable opinion of the company. There is the ability to move to different departments when openings are available. This makes it a good place for gaining a wide knowledge base.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Low compensation, poor executive management
friendly and professional work environment
Software Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Very friendly and professional work environment
Work balance personal life
Friendly coworkers
Excellent management
Great industry to be in but....
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, txJanuary 3, 2014
Very difficult to advance. Processes are on the fly. Upper executive mgmt always gets the last word on any decisions. I never received an review or raise on the 5 yrs I was there.
Pros
Great industry as far as SaaS
A healthcare software company that is stressful to work for
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 21, 2013
The overall direction of the company changes frequently and has poor leadership from executives. Most of the people that work for e-MDs are good people but there are a few that make the work environment a really hard place to work.
Pros
Working in healthcare
Cons
Lack of direction from company leaders, co-workers
Growing company
Corporate Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Education CoordinatorFebruary 21, 2013
Received great experiance with this company from being in a management position to traveling trainer teaching product to clients.
Pros
able to work remote
Good Place To Work
Eportal/IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2013
The culture of e-MDs makes ia great place to work at. I've learned a lot about the EMR and medical industry working here. My co-workers are a lot of fun and very helpful. Management is understanding wihen it comes to family life and needing time off.
Poor upper management
e-MDs (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2012
This was a great company to work for years ago. The company does not value their senior employees. Once the customers are happy, satisfied with the service they are receiving, and have developed a rapport with the agent they start eliminating positions. They also promote people to senior level management that are unprofessional, and who lack company policy knowledge.
Pros
great location
Cons
horrible senior management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at e-MDs. Our community is ready to answer.