E-Z MART Employee Reviews

Pay too low
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 3, 2019
Job was alright but the pay is too low. You get no pay differential for working graveyard shift and pay increases are not enough and far between.

If you want to keep employees you must pay more than $8/hr. Why work here and have all that responsibility and risk on your shoulders when you could start out stocking at Walmart for $12? (they just recently increased starting wages.)
Pros
Coworkers and customers
Cons
Pay
Fun meeting new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 20, 2018
It was a really good job, there was just a lot of favoritism and attitudes. I worked really hard every single shift, I was always the Go-To person when someone called in, or they needed extra help.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Favortisim
Fast paced and stressful
Cashier/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXDecember 13, 2018
Fast paced and stressful environment. Not much money to be made. The hardest part of my time at E-Z Mart was not getting breaks. Working long hours with poor pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Okay, OKDecember 10, 2018
Nothing good to say at all about this place. I never want to work here again and I would never recommend a friend to work here either. I had a horrible experience at this place
Long hours, additional job roles
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 3, 2018
You have to work your hours and then other peoples hours when someone called in or didn't show up for work. I got stupid calls all hours of the night. I wasn't getting much sleep due to the calls. They expected you to work all shifts if push comes to shove. It sucked! Pay starts at minimum wage. You have so many responsibilities that it is hard to get done with them because sometimes you are doing stuff that wasn't done on previous shifts.
Convenience Store that takes care of the customerss
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 25, 2018
I have worked for Ez-Mart for 4 years and the company believes in taking care of the customers and everything is done from the customer's point of view.
Pros
Good Insurance
For people who don’t want more outta life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 9, 2018
It was very boring working here. The pay was not good. Jobs were far and few between then. And I was between jobs at the time. You have to worry about getting robbed.
Pros
A job
Cons
Slow and low pay
My team & I enjoy working together we are like family at store 4228.
Store Manager I (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 22, 2018
My store 4228 has a great team of 5 employees that will leave with me. Hard working just like me. I do don’t do lazy or keep lazy people around who will not do their job or calls in. I’m a very hard worker, but the time has come to make a change for me & my family. I’m not happy how that higher up management treats the employees are managers. They don’t care if ur working 60/80 hrs a week & not seeing ur kids. I have a 14 daughter a 19 yr old son 25 yr son in Hawaii & my other son who’s 25 lives here in Greenland with he’s family.
Pros
I have an awesome team working for my store.
Cons
The company doesn’t care about its employees. Been there a year & never gotten 1 raise.
I loved my hiring manager, hated my coworkers.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKOctober 18, 2018
My co-workers were lazy, and i worked the night shift.
They would make unnecessary messes for me to clean up and half did their work. They would often call in for the stupidest reasons and i had to pick up the slack on shifts i wasn't supposed to work..
Pros
Cons
Corrupt Company, Not worth the low pay, Poor Team System
Busy and Fast
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKOctober 16, 2018
The other stores were always having someone call in so someone from another store would most likely have to go and either work on their day off or cover a double shift.
pay scale
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXOctober 9, 2018
One of the Lowest paying jobs in Andrews, Tx
I liked the job just alot of bs and gossip! Manager where terrible. District mgr was not so good either to hire mgrs like what he hires
Pros
free drink
Cons
work alone on 11 to 7 shift very little survailance
okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 5, 2018
I ring up sales for customers, turn on gas pumps for use, do lottery tickets, sweep/mop store, re-shelve items,check for id's and count down drawer for money accuracy. Management was okay. The hardest part of the (for me) was working graveyard (when I requested 1st shift & was told I would get it). The most enjoyable was some of the customers.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
didn't like graveyard
Laid back
Cashier and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKSeptember 18, 2018
Can be a fun yet stressful job. Times it can be very slow an times you can be very busy. Management will work with most employees but then times they don't.
Pros
Good pay
Excellent job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Morris, OKSeptember 18, 2018
I loved my job and would still be with this company if they were in Tennessee they definitely set a high standard that other employers cannot live up to
Pros
Recognition of job performance
Cons
Are not in Tennessee
Productive workplace and easy to learn
Assistant Manager "Training" (Current Employee) –  Hooks, TXSeptember 7, 2018
This job is very easy to learn and get the hang of. It is a very customer friendly environment. They give you the opportunity to move up in the career chain and they also provide you with the knowledge to do your job.
Fun an Friendly
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARAugust 11, 2018
Cash Register, Balancing, Cooking, Conversation, Cleaning, an the Public.

It was laid back and fun. Everyday laughs. The hardest part was all the steps in the paperwork.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
not enough pay
Unfair
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Starks, LAJuly 28, 2018
Ez Mart overwork employees and doesn't compensate fairly. If your friends with managment you can get anything you want. Otherwise your going to suffer.
Pros
Meet awesome people
Cons
Overworked
Different Areas offer Different Experiences
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72801July 20, 2018
Depending on what area you are working in, is depending on how nice the job will be. The company doesn't strive to maintain the same standards across all markets.
quick pace with the tendecy of down times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quinton, OKJuly 7, 2018
I arrived thirty minutes early to work to prepare for my shift. When shift started myself and the associate from the shift before would do shift change. The hardest part of the job was the long times when there were no customers.
Pros
Free drinks
Workplace with room for improvement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARMay 14, 2018
This job is on the lower side of the pay scale. Management was lazy and usually passed of their work to someone else. This can be a dangerous job after dark.
Pros
Consistant schedule
Cons
No breaks